Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengals LB Thurman will miss another season

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Odell Thurman's petition for reinstatement was denied Thursday by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, who decided that the Cincinnati Bengals middle linebacker should miss another season because of his ongoing problems.

Thurman was suspended for all of last season after skipping a drug test and later being arrested for drunken driving. He asked Goodell to reinstate him for the 2007 season, but was turned down.

This seriously annoys me beyond belief.

How can ANYONE convince me that what he did was worse than what Chris Henry did? He was suspended OVER a year more than Henry who has been way worse off field. It's as if Goodell doesn't care at all that he was suspended last year, no way this warrants two full years.

By all accounts Odell actually seemed to be a changed man (this wasn't the case before his DUI) and the coaching staff (minus Marvin)/players were pulling for him because they felt he was ready to turn a new leaf.

Apparently he can reapply but it probably won't do any good. This is BS.

Comment

I agree that this is very excessive. Goodell needs to institute some standards so he's not just blindly punishing guys as he sees fit. 2 years for what? A DUI and failed drug test?

Comment

Odell didn't even test positive on the drug test, he just missed it... Granted that rightfully doesn't matter but still.

I would really like to hope there is something they could do about this because it isn't the least bit fair.

Comment

Godell is a Sith Lord....

Comment

I don't agree with Goodell's decision.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The union should definitely step in here

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Most teams would have cut Thurman after his DUI after missing/failing a drug test. Sorry but it's hard to feel any sympathy for the Bengals, you reap what you sow.
                Last edited by bearsfan_51; 07-26-2007, 12:52 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Also, Thurman hasn't exactly kept his nose totally clean, he and his brother are under suspicion for an assault that happened like 5-6 weeks ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Also, Thurman hasn't exactly kept his nose totally clean, he and his brother are under suspicion for an assault that happened like 5-6 weeks ago.
                    The guys stories didn't line up, supposedly they were trying to get some cash out of the deal but because they didn't have the same stories it never made it to the courts.

Comment

to bad, but maybe players will start getting level heads and think before they throw their careers away like most people in society do. i'm suprised in this instance, but i'm sure there is rational behind it

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

As of 2 or 3 months ago he was completely clean on all of his tests, if he was actually dumb enough to fail a test within that time frame then yes I understand this tacked on time.... Otherwise there is no way to justify this.

Comment

It's a message to the Bengals as well that they need to clean up their organization otherwise they'll be missing players that are difference makers.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            It's a message to the Bengals as well that they need to clean up their organization otherwise they'll be missing players that are difference makers.
                            That message has already been sent. It was Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis who pressed to have Odell suspended for the season last year anyway.

Even if that was the message how could he justify suspending Odell 24 more games than Henry?

Comment

whoever thinks this is wrong..what are u reading?

it says he will be suspended for ONGOING problems

so either hes still an alcoholic or hes still doing something wrong and getting in trouble that maybe we dont know about
                              Last edited by remix 6; 07-26-2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information