SI.com top 10 hitters in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
    Oh yes he is.. You obviously don't watch much Colts games.
    agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Rodney Harrison has barely been on the field the past two years. That's my main beef with this list.
      last 3 years
      Bob Sanders: 24/48 games
      Harrison: 29/48 games
      Ray Lewis: 35/48 games
      i know i added 1 year to your thing when u said last 2 but yeah..

Comment

For once i dont really have to big a complaint with any of those... i love taylor as the number 1... im trying to think who you could put on instead of harrison though... Bart Scott?... ummm John Lynch maybe could be considered border line still.. i mean he cant cover but he can still hit

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I would put Terrell Suggs, Derrick Johnson, Jonathan Vilma, DeMarcus Ware over Rodney Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            I would put Terrell Suggs, Derrick Johnson, Jonathan Vilma, DeMarcus Ware over Rodney Harrison
            Derrick Johnson and Jonathan Vilma? You kidding? They both are not big hitters at all.

Comment

good list imo

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                I was surprised to see SI do that list well. When I first saw the thread the two names I thought of were Sean Taylor and Roy Williams and they happened to be 1 and 2 respectively.
                and I first thought of Dawkins and Ray Lewis who were 3 and 10...

Owner of ScarDraft
                Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  Derrick Johnson and Jonathan Vilma? You kidding? They both are not big hitters at all.
                  Tell that to Brain Westbrook or Jake Plummer DJ lit them up he should not be on the list I agree but he can hit. If he was still on the team I might say Sammy Knight that guy can still hit he can't cover but man can he light people up.

Last edited by Splat; 07-26-2007, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Derrick Johnson is a big hitter but he def does not deserve to be in the top 10, top 15 for that matter. Now although he dosent belong on that list to say he isnt a big hitter is ludacris.

Comment

i think in a few years anthony smith could be on there

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                        Derrick Johnson is a big hitter but he def does not deserve to be in the top 10, top 15 for that matter. Now although he dosent belong on that list to say he isnt a big hitter is ludacris.
                        Are you watching the same player as me? Johnson is a wrap-up tackler. He doesn't knock guys blocks off, at least not regularly. He's a bit lanky and is not known for running around and crushing guys.

Comment

I agree DJ is a wrap up tackler and should not be on the list but to say he can't make people "Jacked Up" is wrong he can and has from time to time he is just more of a text book tackler.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                            i think in a few years anthony smith could be on there
                            **** withj Anthony Smith. u overrate him tremendously. u squeelers keep saying: in a few years he'll be t he best cover safety..biggest hitter. ****. he aint god. shut up about him

Comment

Are you watching the same player as me? Johnson is a wrap-up tackler. He doesn't knock guys blocks off, at least not regularly. He's a bit lanky and is not known for running around and crushing guys.
                              Being a wrapup tackler dosent mean you arent a hard hitter. Just because he wraps up and you dont see the other player hit the ground imediately doesnt mean that DJ didnt lay the wood, he comes in fast, hits you hard, wraps up and falls on you. He's a good hitter. Again, he isnt a top 20 big hitter but he is a big hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                                **** withj Anthony Smith. u overrate him tremendously. u squeelers keep saying: in a few years he'll be t he best cover safety..biggest hitter. ****. he aint god. shut up about him
                                ok first off i never said he was god

second off i said that he COULD be on this list..that means 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1..i said could and he has the potential too.never said he will..just said could..hell if people are saying derrick johnson then why not anthony smith...i think hes a good cover saftey never said he was the best..so stop trying to compare me to the other steeler fans taht are saying that...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information