Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
    no urlacher?
    Actually when healthy Mike Brown is a harder hitter pound for pound. Hell Archuleta probably is too. Not to say that Urlacher can't knock the hell out of people, but he's not even the hardest hitter pound for pound on the team.

Actually Todd Johnson can destroy people..unfortunately for him he's not good enough in coverage to ever be anything more than a backup/special teams player in the league.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

ST is no question number one, but SI didn't even both to put him in the top 10 most feared? Typical of SI...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Comment

JOHN LYNCH are u kidding that is like that reason why he is known so well. Just ask like all the players in Cincinati he completly took over and won us that game.This is blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          Bernard Pollard will be on this list next year bet that.
          Most deffinitely

Comment

pollard is a punk

Comment

Originally posted by Modano View Post
              Ware isn't a great hitter, neither. He's a great tackler, and he never misses a tackle but he doens't deliver big hits so often.. Honestly I've seen all games Ware has played in the NFL and I don't remember a single one big hit by him...
              I would think Peppers is the same way. He doesn't blow running backs up, he hits QBs pretty hard but he tackles them and try strip the ball.

Comment

I love Adalius but I think he's a bit high...He hits hard but I will say that Bart Scott hits like a truck, and harder than Thomas. Ray Lewis is also a bit low in my opinion.

Comment

no john lynch!! bah!

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                  <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                  <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Sean Taylor left a yellow stain on Brian Moorman's pro bowl jersey from his facemask. Fun facts from Sports Illustrated the Magazine.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                      Sean Taylor left a yellow stain on Brian Moorman's pro bowl jersey from his facemask. Fun facts from Sports Illustrated the Magazine.
                      Halfway through the post I thought you were making a joke saying Moorman peed himself. I'm glad to see that route was not taken.
                      Last edited by SuperMcGee; 07-27-2007, 12:51 AM.

Comment

The "big hit" is always what makes the highlights, but I am not really a big fan of the "big hit" for one reason, 95% of the time it is delivered by using incorrect tackling. The "big hit" is almost always some guy launching is shoulders/arms/head at the opponents upper body, which is exactly what you are not supposed to do. The only position that should really lend itself to "big hits" are the safety positions if a WR is coming across the middle. Almost any other big hit is just a guy using a non-form tackle and having it luckily not backfire. For every "big hit" you see, you probably see 3 or 4 attempted big hits in which the ballcarrier just bounces off the guy and someone else has to tackle them.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else absolutely hate the way SI does their listing and power rankings, making you click through page after page. I don't really need a picture of each player, I am familiar with who they are.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                          Bob Sanders is a good hitter but number 5 is way too high, he shouldnt be in the top 20. He is a very solid tackler but he is not the 5th hardest hitter in the league.
                          Have you ever seen Bob play? What you said is exactly opposite of how Bob plays. If anything, he's a human missile with decent tackling form.

As for the list, this is yet another thing at which Sean Taylor is overrated.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                            Have you ever seen Bob play? What you said is exactly opposite of how Bob plays. If anything, he's a human missile with decent tackling form.

As for the list, this is yet another thing at which Sean Taylor is overrated.

overrated ??

if anything his coverage skills are overrated but to say his hitting skills...

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                              overrated ??

if anything his coverage skills are overrated but to say his hitting skills...
                              #1 in the NFL? He's not even the hardest hitting safety. Yes, he had the hit in the Pro Bowl, but that's one hit. Hell, go back a week, and Bob Sanders hit Ced Benson hard enough to force a fumble and take him out on the 2 touches of the Super Bowl that he had. I'm not saying Bob is the hardest hitting safety either (my vote goes to Dawkins), but if you want to judge by a small sample size like that, there are plenty of players with one or two great hits.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA3OzdmyVOk

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information