Simeon Rice CUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simeon Rice CUT

The Buccaneers have reportedly cut DE Simeon Rice.
    It's not exactly a shocker, as Rice was due to count over $10 million against the salary cap in 2007, far too much for a player his age (33) coming off a potentially career-threatening shoulder injury. Gaines Adams should instantly move into the starting lineup at right end. Rice, who is second among active sackers with 121, should find work if he's up for passing a physical.
    Source: Tampa Tribune
    :\

he was expensive..i guess not a bad move if Gaines is gonna step up

They must know Gaines is gonna do good, or they really didnt wanna pay up

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

eh....Bring him to the Lions.....plenty of old Bucs on the roster anyway

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
        They must know Gaines is gonna do good, or they really didnt wanna pay up
        I don't think it matters if they know or not he is going to be making to much money to not be on the field.

Comment

suprising situation for me. but i guess i see where it came from after reading that.

any guesses on where he'll sign

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Id like Seattle to get him if he comes kinda cheap for like a year or two. Tapp can come off the bench and steal time from Rice. Rice and Kearney would be a great DE duo even though they are old.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

Originally posted by 23trufant View Post
              Id like Seattle to get him if he comes kinda cheap for like a year or two. Tapp can come off the bench and steal time from Rice. Rice and Kearney would be a great DE duo even though they are old.
              tapp is currently a backup DE as it is..so bringing in Rice would make him 3rd :\

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                tapp is currently a backup DE as it is..so bringing in Rice would make him 3rd :\
                Well if they got Rice they wold probably cut Bryce Fisher. But Fisher could backup one DE side and Tapp could backup the other.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

Interesting. I can see a contender signing him as a rotational player.

Comment

Loooks like the Bucs need to free up a roster spot for a QB.

Comment

i could totally see him end up in minny.

Comment

I could see STL signing him to rotate with the guy they got from Det or to Azi to play 3-4 OLB and some 4-3 DE.
                        Last edited by PACKmanN; 07-26-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

titans really need a DE and have the cap....

Comment

If I was Atlanta I would sign him for 1M... have him back up the RE spot and have a Rice-Abraham combo on pass rush downs and a Anderson-Davis combo on run downs.

Owner of ScarDraft
                            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

You have to think DET might make a move for him fast b/c I remember back in February/March rumors circulating that Rice would get cut and the Lions would sign him and the Lions never did a whole lot to adress the DE position (drafted the dude from Hawaii, who is more of a developmental player anyways) so the interest should still be there, adding an edge rusher could really help them and you know Marinelli is gonna put pressure on management to sign him.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information