Simeon Rice CUT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ward
    I predict the Redskins will sign him to an exorbitant contract. I am a bold predictor of all things NFL.
    I have a feeling that your right on the money with that bold prediction lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
      I predict the Redskins will sign him to an exorbitant contract. I am a bold predictor of all things NFL.
      no wai!!!!!

Comment

hes the Broncos to lose....i rly want him

Comment

Well, all that talk he ran last year about how much he loves Rod Marinelli is going to be put to the test right now big time.

I cannot imagine for one second that the Lions wouldn't be going after him. Though it would be just like them to say na, we're happy with our DE rotation of White, Kalimba Edwards, Ike Alama-Francis and Corey Smith/Jared DeVries.

They even have a ready made place for him, put him at a starting DE slot and keep Edwards in a 3rd-down pass rushing role, and bump IAF into a DT-DE backup slot.

go getem Lions gogogogogogo

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
            LMAO, if he's going for the vet minimum, there will be more than two teams in the running.

I think Detroit and Minnesota are obvious contenders for his services. I wouldn't rule out the Broncos too, since they seem to have a Pokemon approach ("gotta have 'em all!") to the defensive line this offseason.
            I think Denver with Jim Bates would really benefit from his services

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Where are those Bucs fans that insisted he was still a top DE and he and Adams would make one of the best DE tandems in the league?

Comment

I don't think childress will want him that bad he hasn't had any interest in the older guys that have been cut this offseason.
                Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 07-26-2007, 09:56 PM.

Comment

He probably won't end there, but he would be a great replacement for Adailius Thomas. They could play him as a DE/OLB. He's also probably got the ability to drop into coverage. The thought of Suggs and Rice coming off the edge with Ray Ray in the middle is just scary.

Teams he'll most likely end up with are probably Detroit, Minnesota, Washington or the Titans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    lol man I wouldn't put myself out on a limb like that you might get burned.

Unfortunately he wouldn't fit the Bengals well given the fact that we have a great pass rusher in Robert Geathers and Justin Smith isn't bad either... Plus we don't spend the cash on FA's so he won't come here.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      Where are those Bucs fans that insisted he was still a top DE and he and Adams would make one of the best DE tandems in the league?
                      I think most of us expected Gaines to take over for Simeon eventually, they're very similar players. Spires can hold his own on the other side. I wish we'd kept Dewayne White though. :/

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                      <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                      <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by 23trufant View Post
                        Id like Seattle to get him if he comes kinda cheap for like a year or two. Tapp can come off the bench and steal time from Rice. Rice and Kearney would be a great DE duo even though they are old.
                        Good luck with that idea, Rice wants megabucks.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Who the hell said that, ever? He was never gonna start with Adams anyway, they play the same role in our defense.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                            Who the hell said that, ever? He was never gonna start with Adams anyway, they play the same role in our defense.
                            I remember there was one poster who was. I'm not sure who, S2C maybe?

Comment

I remember there was one poster who was. I'm not sure who, S2C maybe?
                              LOL, you're most likely right. S2C was one of the more delusional Bucs fans around here. They're both good pass rushers, but you can't have them both on the field at the same time unless you run a 3-4 or it's 3rd and long; they can't stop the run if their lives depended on it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Blah, blah, blah. Everyone wants their team to sign him. He failed a team physical and didn't play much last year and is old and no good against the run, and his pass rush skills aren't what they were a few years a go due to age and injury. I would be suprised if anyone signs him this year. He will vanish from the face of the NFL ala Jason Gildon, Peter Boulware, etc. Happy retirement, Mr.Rice.

Though if he were to play this year, my money is on Detroit. Need a RDE and his old D-Line coach is HC in motown. Put 2 and 2 together. But I am still skeptical of him playing this year.
                                Last edited by keylime_5; 07-26-2007, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information