Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulger expected to sign lucrative 6-year extension

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...8?OpenDocument

He has one year remaining on a four-year, $19.1 million contract, and is expected to sign a six-year extension that on average will pay him just more than $10 million per season.

The guaranteed money in the contract extension amounts to $20 million.
    Thank god.

Also, the Rams came to terms with Carriker last night making all of our draft picks signees.

Great day to be a Ram, 2 huge signings happen.
    Last edited by HawkeyeFan; 07-27-2007, 10:45 AM.
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Good job by them if only the Chiefs would pay there star player.

Comment

Bulger deserves the big contract. He puts up big numbers and is a team leader. Good start of day 1 for the Rams

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Comment

A six year deal averaging around $10 million a year with $26 million in guarantees sounds like it's on par with the deal Tom Brady signed two years ago. Good deal for everyone involved, really glad to see this get done now.

Comment

Nice deal by both parties. Salaries are increasing at an alarming rate though.

Comment

I've always liked Bulger, he just quietly goes about his job and is statistically one of the top QB's year after year. It's good to see someone who deserves it get a nice payday.
            Originally posted by njx9
            i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

About time, I'm sick of Bucs fans saying how we're gonna sign him this offseason. How often do top-10 QBs make the FA market like that?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The Rams did a great job here in getting him a deal, and Bulger did himself a justice too by getting 62.5 mil

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                  Nice deal by both parties. Salaries are increasing at an alarming rate though.
                  they are... it'll blow over though when the cap gets tighter again.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

That is a TON of guaranteed money. I know the market is increasing but Bulger makes more money than Tom Brady. Think about that...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                      they are... it'll blow over though when the cap gets tighter again.
                      Hopefully. The Packers have like $30 mil in cap room right now I think. That's ridiculous. They could sign 2 Peyton Manning's and still have some cap wiggle room.

Comment

Hopefully. The Packers have like $30 mil in cap room right now I think. That's ridiculous. They could sign 2 Peyton Manning's and still have some cap wiggle room.
                        Thats alright though b/c he'll be able to keep all the youngsters together once their first contract expires

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          Thats alright though b/c he'll be able to keep all the youngsters together once their first contract expires
                          True, I was just making the point that teams probably shouldn't be that far under the cap because it really pushes salaries up. When you can sign a guy for $10m a year and it barely dents your cap it might be time to make some changes.

Comment

True, I was just making the point that teams probably shouldn't be that far under the cap because it really pushes salaries up. When you can sign a guy for $10m a year and it barely dents your cap it might be time to make some changes.
                            well these huge contracts were a long time coming when they agreed on the cap increase... guys in their contract years thanked their lucky stars.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I had slight concern that the Jaguars were going to make a play for Bulger after this season, and thus actually be able to contend for a championship, so I'm glad the Rams have made sure that won't happen.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information