Concussion-prone Morgan makes risky return to the field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concussion-prone Morgan makes risky return to the field

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) -- Dan Morgan strapped on his extra-padded helmet, adjusted his special mouthpiece and ran onto the field knowing some people think he's making a horrible decision.

The Carolina Panthers' linebacker is trying to return from at least the fifth concussion of his career, one that forced him to miss the final 15 games last season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Click link for the full story.

After all the storys about retired football players that suffered multiple concussions being linked to depression and other illnesses i wouldn't return if i were him.

Comment

I seriously hope he doesnt get hurt

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

its too bad, cause when he is healthy and at full speed, he really is a hell of a football player...remember that SB against new england he had like 25 tackles...too bad
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

the Patriots dentist tried to introduce a special mouth piece worth like $2,000 that the individual player gets fitted for since most concussions come from jaw impact

..the league knocked it down :(

i hope Morgan can stay healthy. Hes from DA U. hes gotta represent. plus hes a great linebacker

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
            the Patriots dentist tried to introduce a special mouth piece worth like $2,000 that the individual player gets fitted for since most concussions come from jaw impact

..the league knocked it down :(

i hope Morgan can stay healthy. Hes from DA U. hes gotta represent. plus hes a great linebacker
            What? why did they ban the mouthpiece?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              its too bad, cause when he is healthy and at full speed, he really is a hell of a football player...remember that SB against new england he had like 25 tackles...too bad
              11 solo

7 assisted

good game

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                11 solo

7 assisted

good game
                it might have been the championship game acutally that he had 25...oh well i think i made my point hes an animal
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  What? why did they ban the mouthpiece?
                  i dont think they banned the mouthpiece..they just didnt want to make it necessary or something like that

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...s_concussions/

theres the link

nice article..2/3rds of the Patriots team wears it and none have suffered a concussion but the league doesnt want to endorse i think. players can still get it though

Comment

I hope it works out for him he is such a good player that never really got to peak performance do to his injurys.

Comment

I've been one of the most vocal in wanting him to step down, but from what I've been able to find out, he's had the most minor of minor concussions and hasn't ever had the side affects that signal significant damage to the brain as a result.

He's safe to return.

Comment

Great player, hate lining up against him, but I don't want to see him out there because I would hate if he died on the field...or because of something that happens on the field.

Comment

I have noticed that he is now wearing the Schutt DNA helmet, the ones Penn State wears. I have read those are supposed to be better for head injuries.

Comment

I guess all those concussions cut off the brain cells that would normally advise him not to make the stupidest decision of his life. Good luck Morgan, I don't know what the hell you're thinking, if thinking at all.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Kinda off topic but I saw him in Target 2 days ago, great guy.

But when healthy he is in my opinion a top 7 MLB.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information