Clear All

• Bears trade for Darwin Walker

Draft pick undisclosed.

Thoughts?

EDIT :: http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=3631

Tank's replacement?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

He wasnt going to play with us anyway... im glad we got somethign out of that trade.... good trade IMO...

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

*Shrug* Depends on what we gave up for him. Obviously they weren't totally comfortable with the depth we have now, which is understandable.

Oh that's right...I remember now that he was part of the Takeo Spikes trade. Well hopefully he'll be happier in Chicago. The irony is that the Eagles signed Ian Scott in part to replace Walker. Walker should be a better fit for our system though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=3631

In case anyone wants an article.

Comment

Bills got a 5th round pick according to espn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2953545

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Eh..can't say I'm a huge fan of that. But he's been a productive starter for the Eagles the last 5 years so hopefully he can help us out this year.

Comment

great trade, he will complement tommie harris really well

Comment

Not worth a 5th rounder. The Bills got the better end of this one.

People are overrating Tank Johnson. He was a blue collar player who gets fame because of his thuggery, but on the field, he wasn't exactly Warren Sapp. Losing Tank wasn't that big of a deal.

Comment

They shouldve went after Kendrick Clancy (who i believe is with ATL now). He wouldve been a nice fit in their scheme. He played well for us the one year he was here, but got booted from Arizona bc they drafted Gabe Watson and I believe they are going to a 3-4, which he is not good in.

I think ATL got themselves a good player in Clancy. He'll thrive there.

Comment

I wonder what this spells out for Dusty Dvorachek, he seemed to be getting some people excited.

sig by VLS
                      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                      I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                        I wonder what this spells out for Dusty Dvorachek, he seemed to be getting some people excited.
                        Either way he'll get playing time. There's enough PT for Dvorachek, Walker, and Adams to go around.

Walker is a nice fit for the scheme no doubt, and a 5th rounder is only a 5th rounder, I'm probably just more confident with Dvorachek and Adams than most.

Comment

Yeah they were insane if they thought they'd stop the run of the Rb's they'll be facing this year with Tommie Harris and a bunch of 2nd stringers.
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Darwin Walker wasn't exactly a run stopping presence in Philly. I don't see how he replaces Tank. He can provide a decent penetrator on 3rd downs as a backup, but I don't see him taking up blockers like Tank or Scott did.

Comment

Since when was Tank a beast against the run? He was usually hit or miss. He usually was very disruptive on a play or got flat out owned and pushed back 6 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information