No announcement yet.

Top 5 QB's Of All Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I debated putting Manning on mine, and I dont particularly like him. I think when all is said and done, he will be THE best ever. But I think I want to wait a few more years before I put him on a list.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447
      I debated putting Manning on mine, and I dont particularly like him. I think when all is said and done, he will be THE best ever. But I think I want to wait a few more years before I put him on a list.
      Which is understandable, but I'm predicting the future kinda on my pick. Because I don't see his play dropping off for many more a year. He may not get better but he'll still play at a very high level. That and he's on pace to shatter a bunch of QB records I believe.

I guerantee I'll have to explain it but I'm more than willing to do so.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

1. Montana
        2. Elway
        3. Marino
        4. Young
        5. Favre

Comment

Favre isn't getting a ton of love on here. Just an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
            Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
            2. Joe Montana
            3. John Elway
            4. Doug Flutie
            5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
            2. John Elway
            3. Johnny Unitas

The rest is too jumbled...marino, tarkenton, young, bradshaw, etc. Not counting current guys like brady, manning, and favre.
            Bradshaw shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence with those guys.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I didn't say what YOUR opinion was, I just told you your opinion was wrong. Especially about Bart Starr, he in no way compares to any of the QBs I listed. That is like saying Joe Namath is top 5. Starr was a game manager, game managers aren't top 5 qbs.

Just look at the stats for both Favre and Starr. Look at the players around each of them. Favre has never had a HOFer on offense, yet he is about to break all of Marino's records.

Staubach doesn't compare to Favre or Elway. Both Favre and Elway carried their teams with almost no GREAT players on either team(they each had the Sharpe brothers, the only players on either offense I would consider great)
              an opinion is neither wrong or right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble
                Nobody views him as top 5 except packer fans. For the most part anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by dre1614
                  I didn't say what YOUR opinion was, I just told you your opinion was wrong. Especially about Bart Starr, he in no way compares to any of the QBs I listed. That is like saying Joe Namath is top 5. Starr was a game manager, game managers aren't top 5 qbs.

Just look at the stats for both Favre and Starr. Look at the players around each of them. Favre has never had a HOFer on offense, yet he is about to break all of Marino's records.

Staubach doesn't compare to Favre or Elway. Both Favre and Elway carried their teams with almost no GREAT players on either team(they each had the Sharpe brothers, the only players on either offense I would consider great)
                  an opinion is neither wrong or right.
                  Sometimes it is. Napoleon thought it would be a good idea to invade Russia. He was wrong.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
                    2. Joe Montana
                    3. John Elway
                    4. Doug Flutie
                    5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
                    2. John Elway
                    3. Johnny Unitas

The rest is too jumbled...marino, tarkenton, young, bradshaw, etc. Not counting current guys like brady, manning, and favre.
                    Well, he won 4 Super Bowls.

Comment

Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
                      2. Joe Montana
                      3. John Elway
                      4. Doug Flutie
                      5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
                      2. John Elway
                      3. Johnny Unitas

While I agree, a lot of people do.

Comment

Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
                        2. Joe Montana
                        3. John Elway
                        4. Doug Flutie
                        5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
                        2. John Elway
                        3. Johnny Unitas

So did every other player on the Steelers, are they all top 5 at their position too?

Quarterbacks get way too much credit/blame. Bradshaw wasn't very good.

Conversely, Barry Sanders never won anything important, is he not a top 5 back? It's a double standard.

Comment

The vast majority of people that do see his super bowl wins and nothing else. Just like when people say Namath is one of the greatest QBs of all time(I don't think he should even be in the HOF), it is only because of his guarantee. I wouldn't have Bradshaw even in the top 20 all time qbs.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Nobody views him as top 5 except packer fans. For the most part anyways.
                            Hes on mine guy, and Im a Cowboys fan.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
                              2. Joe Montana
                              3. John Elway
                              4. Doug Flutie
                              5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
                              2. John Elway
                              3. Johnny Unitas

So did every other player on the Steelers, are they all top 5 at their position too?

Quarterbacks get way too much credit/blame. Bradshaw wasn't very good.

Conversely, Barry Sanders never won anything important, is he not a top 5 back? It's a double standard.
                              I'm just stating the fact that he won those games. Although he wasn't that great the wins really propel him to that level.

Comment

Favorite 5

1. Steve Young
                                2. Joe Montana
                                3. John Elway
                                4. Doug Flutie
                                5. Rich Gannon

Top 5

1. Joe Montana
                                2. John Elway
                                3. Johnny Unitas

Bradshaw was a good Quarterback. He wouldn't be in my Top 10 mind you. Oh and btw, The Steelers DEFENSE won 4 Super Bowls!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information