Top 5 QB's Of All Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Montana
    2. Manning (will be better then marino, plus has a SB)
    3. Marino
    4. Farve
    5. Bradshaw( He has won 4 SB's hard not to put him in top 5, plus had Hall of Famers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Originally posted by dre1614
      Originally posted by someone447
      I didn't say what YOUR opinion was, I just told you your opinion was wrong. Especially about Bart Starr, he in no way compares to any of the QBs I listed. That is like saying Joe Namath is top 5. Starr was a game manager, game managers aren't top 5 qbs.

Just look at the stats for both Favre and Starr. Look at the players around each of them. Favre has never had a HOFer on offense, yet he is about to break all of Marino's records.

Staubach doesn't compare to Favre or Elway. Both Favre and Elway carried their teams with almost no GREAT players on either team(they each had the Sharpe brothers, the only players on either offense I would consider great)
      an opinion is neither wrong or right.
      Sometimes it is. Napoleon thought it would be a good idea to invade Russia. He was wrong.
      :-D
      Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
      Nobody views him as top 5 except packer fans. For the most part anyways.
      Well, Packer fans and the guy in your avatar. Steve Young just said he was THE best QB of all time. Now I wouldn't go that far, but he is generally considered a top 5 QB, at the very least, on the bubble.

Originally posted by 49erfaithful
      1. Montana
      3. Marino
      4. Farve
      5. Bradshaw( He has won 4 SB's hard not to put him in top 5, plus had Hall of Famers?
      Elway has to be above Bradshaw, he singlehandedly led his team to 3 super bowls. You've heard the saying, you cant make chardonnay out of ****? Well, he did.

So how about Doug Williams, is he a very good QB, he won a super bowl, one that he actually had a huge effect on. What about Trent Dilfer? The Steel Curtain won those super bowls. Winning Super Bowls does not a good QB make. Bart Starr won 3 straight NFL championships, two of them super bowls, but he doesn't deserve to be up there either.
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Montana
        Manning
        marino
        elway
        farve

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

1. Unitas
          2. Elway
          3. Marino
          4. Montana
          5. Manning

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Just a quick question, how old are you? I would say a freshman in high school or younger. You will learn quick that opinions can be wrong. If you are older than that, you must be quite sheltered.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Favorite 5:

1) Joe Montana
              2) Steve Young
              3) Peyton Manning
              4) Warren Moon
              5) Jim McMahon - 1 Word: SWAG

Top 5 IMO:

1) Joe Montana
              2) Dan Marino
              3) John Elway
              4) Peyton Manning
              5) Steve Young

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                I didn't say what YOUR opinion was, I just told you your opinion was wrong. Especially about Bart Starr, he in no way compares to any of the QBs I listed. That is like saying Joe Namath is top 5. Starr was a game manager, game managers aren't top 5 qbs.

Just look at the stats for both Favre and Starr. Look at the players around each of them. Favre has never had a HOFer on offense, yet he is about to break all of Marino's records.

Staubach doesn't compare to Favre or Elway. Both Favre and Elway carried their teams with almost no GREAT players on either team(they each had the Sharpe brothers, the only players on either offense I would consider great)
                Sometimes it is. Napoleon thought it would be a good idea to invade Russia. He was wrong.
                :-D
                Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                Nobody views him as top 5 except packer fans. For the most part anyways.
                Well, Packer fans and the guy in your avatar. Steve Young just said he was THE best QB of all time. Now I wouldn't go that far, but he is generally considered a top 5 QB, at the very least, on the bubble.

1. Montana
                3. Marino
                4. Farve
                Elway has to be above Bradshaw, he singlehandedly led his team to 3 super bowls. You've heard the saying, you cant make chardonnay out of ***********? Well, he did.

So how about Doug Williams, is he a very good QB, he won a super bowl, one that he actually had a huge effect on. What about Trent Dilfer? The Steel Curtain won those super bowls. Winning Super Bowls does not a good QB make. Bart Starr won 3 straight NFL championships, two of them super bowls, but he doesn't deserve to be up there either.
                Well, he could be top 5. He is top 10 on my list. Like i said, after 3, it gets jumbled.

Comment

1. Montana
                  3. Marino
                  4. Farve
                  Johnny Unitas, John Elway, Sammy Baugh, Otto Graham, Tom Brady, Steve Young, Roger Staubach>Terry Bradshaw

Comment

An old favorite of mine is Sammy Baugh. One of the first scrambling QBs in football. Archie Manning aswell.

Comment

Just a quick question, how old are you? I would say a freshman in high school or younger. You will learn quick that opinions can be wrong. If you are older than that, you must be quite sheltered.
                      1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty
                      2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

Opinions are not wrong, especially with regards to top 5 qb's.
                      everybody has an opinion it it, and most people will have different qb's

Comment

Top 5:

1. Joe Montana
                        2. John Elway
                        3. Brett Favre
                        4. Dan Marino
                        5. Johnny Unitas

(not counting active players... Manning probably would crack this list when it's all said and done... maybe even Brady as well).

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076
                          1. Montana
                          3. Marino
                          4. Farve
                          Johnny Unitas, John Elway, Sammy Baugh, Otto Graham, Tom Brady, Steve Young, Roger Staubach>Terry Bradshaw
                          Warren Moon, Johnny Unitas, Fran Tarkenton, Bobby Layne, Y.A. Tittle, Norm Van Brocklin, and I am sure there a few more that I am missing. http://www.listology.com/content_sho...d.16816/Sports That might be the single worst list of top QBs I have ever seen.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

1. John Elway
                            2. Joe Montana
                            3. Dan Marino
                            4. Brett Favre
                            5. Peyton Manning
                            6. Steve Young
                            7. Johnny Unitas
                            8. Roger Staubach
                            9. Troy Aikman
                            10. Dan Fouts

I did 10...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Namy
                              Top 5:

1. Joe Montana
                              2. John Elway
                              3. Brett Favre
                              4. Dan Marino
                              5. Johnny Unitas

(not counting active players... Manning probably would crack this list when it's all said and done... maybe even Brady as well).
                              Favre is active, but I know what you mean. Players that still have quite a few years left. You see manning the same way that I do.

Originally posted by Staubach12
                              1. John Elway
                              2. Joe Montana
                              3. Dan Marino
                              4. Brett Favre
                              5. Peyton Manning
                              6. Steve Young
                              7. Johnny Unitas
                              8. Roger Staubach
                              9. Troy Aikman
                              10. Dan Fouts
                              Aikman is just like Bradshaw, he had great players surrounding him. They both were great QBs, but neither deserve to be in a greatest QB ever discussion.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076
                                1. Montana
                                3. Marino
                                4. Farve
                                Warren Moon, Johnny Unitas, Fran Tarkenton, Bobby Layne, Y.A. Tittle, Norm Van Brocklin, and I am sure there a few more that I am missing. http://www.listology.com/content_sho...d.16816/Sports That might be the single worst list of top QBs I have ever seen.
                                BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Mike Vick is ON THE LIST!!!!!!!

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information