Beason Holding out because of new clause

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beason Holding out because of new clause

Just wondering what you guys thought of this.

The Panthers FO is trying to put a clause in his contract saying basically "if you misbehave, we get our bonus money back"

Additionally, they're trying to **** his 2nd year option bonus, which is in all other rookie contracts, to the third year. Easing the FO cap situation, but also making Beason the lowest paid first rounder over the first two years.

Beason won't sign and I agree seeing as the front office won't pay him that option bonus for his third year if he say has a complete tear of his ACL in the final game of his 2nd year. This is about his financial security and the fact that everyone else in the league has the same deal.

He also probably doesn't like the Pacman clause (as I'm hereby dubbing it) seeing as he's got no real character issues and has been nothing outside of ecstatic about the prospect of playing for Carolina.

I agree with him holding out. He deserves a fair deal and he's not getting one.

Comment

Thats an Interesting Clause i wouldn't be too suprised to see teams use that sort of clause in contracts for people with a history of character problems... not sure why they want it in beasons contract though this looks like it could get ugly might be an extended hold-out

Comment

Worst part is, he just wants to play and sign a basic contract for his draft position.He has no desire to be in the middle of this. It really sucks for him.

Comment

What off the field problems has he gotten himself into?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
            What off the field problems has he gotten himself into?
            None and that is the problem. Maybe they are trying to lump him in with all of the other Miami players who were in the FIU brawl, but he really has done nothing to warrant the clause in his contract that the Panthers want him to sign.

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

If he doesn't misbehave he has nothing to worry about!

Anyways, it is a crap clause and I guess I agree with him holding out, but he shouldn't have to worry about that clause :)

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                If he doesn't misbehave he has nothing to worry about!

Anyways, it is a crap clause and I guess I agree with him holding out, but he shouldn't have to worry about that clause :)
                It is all about the risk associated with the contract. Seems like the player is taking on an unusual amount of risk when it comes to signing bonus money and the additional bonus money.

Why take on additional risk when it isn't the norm when it comes to rookie contracts?
                "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

The NFLPA should step in. If he doesn't have a distinct criminal record, there is no reason why they should put that on him.

Comment

David Pollack held out till the final preseason game because there was a clause that said if he missed mini camp and other offseason stuff he could be fined, that was the main reason.

Comment

I think all contracts should have that for all young players.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        I think all contracts should have that for all young players.
                        If you ever get arrested your boss should take away 25% of your annual earnings.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                          If you ever get arrested your boss should take away 25% of your annual earnings.
                          It would have to be more then that. More like if you act like Pacman.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                            The NFLPA should step in.
                            I think that would be a pretty dangerous precedent to set, having the player's association step in any time a player is unhappy about something the team is trying to put in a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                              I think that would be a pretty dangerous precedent to set, having the player's association step in any time a player is unhappy about something the team is trying to put in a contract.
                              Kinda like the dangerous precedents that Goodell has had no problem setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information