Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't put 'em in Canton? Too ***** late.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't put 'em in Canton? Too ***** late.....

Talk about jumping the gun, read this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ffame/nfl21-30

Listed #21 on a group of players that are the absolute best that the NFL has to offer for the previous 8-10 years, I guess it doesn't matter that he has only played 2 of them.

This just blows my mind. Many other selections that are beyond defensible, as well.

Seymour in the top 10? Juniour Seau in the teens? Michael Strahan that low, with Dwight Freeney that high?

How do people this dumb get paid to do what most of us would do a better job of for free?
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Freeney over Champ.....

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth a little

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
        Freeney over Champ.....
        I didn't even read the article yet, but that has already got me preparing for the worst. That is ridiculous.

Comment

This list blows. They have players that have never played a down in the nfl headed for Canton already.

I just don't get how someone that has never played a down in the NFL could even possibily be on this list when a guy the Ben who has been to 2 AFC Championships and won a superbowl is already on the list of guys being left out. How can anyone already be left out. Any one of the young players on that list could have a great career and make the hall.

What a joke.
          Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 08-02-2007, 11:50 AM.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

He has Brady Quinn on his odd man out thing.

Comment

Are we sure this is serious? It is page two we're talking about here.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Adrian Peterson is on the list. Adrian Peterson. Did I miss something?

Comment

I cant wait to read this but its taking a century to load

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I guess they are just trying to predict the 50 most likely players to make it who will be playing in the 2007 season.

You have to project young players, I suppose, but there shouldn't be a single player of less than 4 years in the top 30, and that's even stretching it a little.

If you look around, Shawne Merriman is the highest ranked young player on that list. That is fairly ridiculous. I don't think he's done much more in his first couple of years than Patrick Swilling did, and you never hear his name mentioned in HOF talks. It's just plain stupid, and to have him there over a guy like Brian Dawkins, who has had a long and prestigious career full of personal and team success, along with terrific statistics and media support....it's just inexplicable. And don't even get me started on Jason Taylor being that low.
                    Originally posted by 21ST
                    He was protecting his self
                    Originally posted by tjsunstein
                    From what? His leg?
                    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I ageered completly w/ the top 5
                      The next 5 my only problem was Seymour, who should be 10-20 spots down
                      Strahan shouldve probably been top10
                      Freeney is WAY to high at 16
                      I dont think Alexander's name is worth mentioning in the top 30 and Jones and Dawkins should be higher
                      Ed Reed >>>>>> Polamalu
                      Leinart, Vince, AJ, AD and CJ are worth being on the list

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Wow, I was going to jump in with something about how DMW is just being bitter about Merriman again, but that is seriously the worst list I've ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                          I guess they are just trying to predict the 50 most likely players to make it who will be playing in the 2007 season.

You have to project young players, I suppose, but there shouldn't be a single player of less than 4 years in the top 30, and that's even stretching it a little.

If you look around, Shawne Merriman is the highest ranked young player on that list. That is fairly ridiculous. I don't think he's done much more in his first couple of years than Patrick Swilling did, and you never hear his name mentioned in HOF talks. It's just plain stupid, and to have him there over a guy like Brian Dawkins, who has had a long and prestigious career full of personal and team success, along with terrific statistics and media support....it's just inexplicable. And don't even get me started on Jason Taylor being that low.

Someone got it. They are making PREDICTIONS. If you read what they said under Merriman, you will recognize they aren't like OMG HE IS NO DOUBT A HOF! It is that he has potential to be the sack leader in the NFL year after year and has shown HOF talent, and they def. predict he will be in. You have to READ it to get it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

That list is the worst thing I've ever seen. I have many, many gripes that I don't wanna get into right now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                              Someone got it. They are making PREDICTIONS. If you read what they said under Merriman, you will recognize they aren't like OMG HE IS NO DOUBT A HOF! It is that he has potential to be the sack leader in the NFL year after year and has shown HOF talent, and they def. predict he will be in. You have to READ it to get it.
                              Yeah, but that doesn't explain the rookies. Guys who haven't even played a down. Don't defend this piece of crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information