Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears trade S Chris Harris to Carolina

For an undisclosed draft pick..

The Bears on Thursday traded safety Chris Harris to the Carolina Panthers in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

Breaking news on ChicagoBears.com

That should help clear up the logjam at safety in Chicago.

Comment

You know the Panthers have lousy safeties when they have to trade for one of the Bears safeties, let alone one buried in the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        You know the Panthers have lousy safeties when they have to trade for one of the Bears safeties, let alone one buried in the depth chart.
        ? Archuletta, Brown, and Manning. The Bears have very good depth at safety this season.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

If you can get a decent player for minimal cost, you make the move. It's not a huge deal, but it could help both teams.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            ? Archuletta, Brown, and Manning. The Bears have very good depth at safety this season.
            Well we did.

sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
              who? chris harris? is there some reason i should care that i've missed?
              He was pretty good his rookie year, iirc. Although I don't believe he played much last year.

Comment

i mean, chris harris did pick off peyton manning in the superbowl on a pass heading for reggie wayne. basically the only reason why people would know that name.
                and i mean, as a seventh round pick, anything higher than seven that we get for him is considered a win considering this.

if the bears traded at the safety spot that means three things:
                one: archuleta is ready.
                two: brown is ready.
                three: mcgowan or everett looks good enough to be a backup safety.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  i mean, chris harris did pick off peyton manning in the superbowl on a pass heading for reggie wayne. basically the only reason why people would know that name.
                  and i mean, as a seventh round pick, anything higher than seven that we get for him is considered a win considering this.

if the bears traded at the safety spot that means three things:
                  one: archuleta is ready.
                  two: brown is ready.
                  three: mcgowan or everett looks good enough to be a backup safety.
                  Wasn't he the guy who blew the coverage that led to the Wayne touchdown?

Comment

I think that might have been Manning, not sure though.

Harris isn't amazing, but he's better than Nate Salley.

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

chris harris played a well filling in for an injured mike brown last season, saw a good amount of playing time...and mike brown has been really good in camp so far, he hasn't really shown any signs of injury from the past year, but it again is still early...and we have a lot of depth at safety (brown, manning, archuleta, payne, mcgowan, everett) all of whom have looked good so far, so there really was no need to keep harris...and archuleta will prolly be predominately in against the run, with brown and manning starting at SS and FS

Comment

Harris played pretty well the last 2 years

Comment

I'm fine with the deal for us. I'm not so sure how big of a help this is for Carolina overall. Harris is a decent-solid safety, but his flaws in coverage can get exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                            I'm fine with the deal for us. I'm not so sure how big of a help this is for Carolina overall. Harris is a decent-solid safety, but his flaws in coverage can get exposed.
                            It could very well be safety-by-committee down here in Carolina next season. Mike Minter has one spot sealed up, but the other is up for grabs at the moment. Another body with NFL and postseason experience like Harris could be valuable.

ESPN says it was a fifth-round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
                              It could very well be safety-by-committee down here in Carolina next season. Mike Minter has one spot sealed up, but the other is up for grabs at the moment. Another body with NFL and postseason experience like Harris could be valuable.

ESPN says it was a fifth-round pick.
                              Minter doesn't have that spot sealed up at all though. He took a big pay cut to stay with the team. That means they were looking to go somewhere else at Safety. They can't let familiarity play too big a role at this point.

As for his coverage skills, I doubt they are any worse than Marlon McCree's, who played great for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information