No announcement yet.

Booger McFarland out for the season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Tank Johnson expect a phone call?
    Peyton Manning Fanboy
    Originally posted by Complex
    They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

The Colts' defense was just awful coming into this year, and had already lost a number of starters from what was already a very poor unit.

I saw them as a 10-6 team a few weeks ago....and that was before they lost Tarik Glenn and Booger McFarland.

At this point, 7-9 wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
          The Colts' defense was just awful coming into this year, and had already lost a number of starters from what was already a very poor unit.

I saw them as a 10-6 team a few weeks ago....and that was before they lost Tarik Glenn and Booger McFarland.

I highly doubt so long as Manning is there, they will be a losing team. They've won without a defense before and they will again.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
            Should Tank Johnson expect a phone call?
            I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts branch out to him. They definitely need some help at defensive tackle.

Comment

If someone gets the facts straight on Pitcock please let me know

Comment

how long is he suspended for?
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Haha, righto mate. as long as peyton manning is under center this is not a losing team in my opinion. Howard Mudd is arguably the best offensive line coach in the business and Ugoh (or whoever else plays LT) will be ready by the start of the season. Booger is a massive loss and essentially isnt going to be replaced by anyone of his quality, but in saying that its hard to imagine the run D will be worse then it was in the regular season of last year (and we still finished 12-4). and also,the tank johnson idea - dont hold your breath for it, indy is all about high character guys and although i personally would like to see tank in blue and white i just dont see it happening

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                    how long is he suspended for?
                    8 games I thnk

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
                      I highly doubt so long as Manning is there, they will be a losing team. They've won without a defense before and they will again.
                      True.

OTOH, over the last half of the 2006 season, the Colts scored almost 26 points per game....and yet they went 4-4 over that period, and were swept by their division rivals, primarily due to a porous defense.

Since then, they've lost almost half of their defensive starters, including both corners, their best LB, and their best run-stopping DT. Their once-great defensive depth is in shambles.

There's no question that Manning is one of the greatest QB's in history...but if their defense can't get opponents off the field, then Peyton is neutralized.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        maybe we can trade Corey Williams for there first round pick :)
                        i believe they already traded heir 1st next year to trade up and get ugoh. lol between this and tarik glenn retiring, i might be worried if i were a colts fan
                        http://old.irishsports.com/stories/s...9/19/quinn.jpg

Comment

True.

OTOH, over the last half of the 2006 season, the Colts scored almost 26 points per game....and yet they went 4-4 over that period, and were swept by their division rivals, primarily due to a porous defense.

Since then, they've lost almost half of their defensive starters, including both corners, their best LB, and their best run-stopping DT. Their once-great defensive depth is in shambles.

There's no question that Manning is one of the greatest QB's in history...but if their defense can't get opponents off the field, then Peyton is neutralized.
                          I remember the last few years that the Colts go like 13-0 and then they get to rest the starters.. I think this year they're goign to have to fight to the end.. Not that I think they'll be challenged divisionally.. but overall.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I just spit out my water laughing at that.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

True.

im happier with the lb and cb situation this year over last year, that is if everyone can stay healthy. cato june is one of the worst tackling lb's in the league and i think freddie keiaho will be a major upgrade at wslb this year and will help to sure up the run D bigtime with his intensity and surer tackling.

marlin jackson, kelvin hayden, dante hughes and tim jennings all have more upside then our previous starters at cb and although inexperienced should be alright considering they run in a defensive system that doesnt ask alot of corners.

combine this with a healthy bob sanders all year (heres hoping) and i think we should be alright. although im saying all this i still think the loss of booger is major and going to be very hard to overcome

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                                I just spit out my water laughing at that.
                                exactly, sure he can cover. but wow, that tackling, just wow

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information