Which Team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Team?

Which team in the NFL has the most depth?

Have to mention the pats just because so many of there guys are versatile as hell.

Bears are up there, 2 deep at QB and RB, a lot of receivers, 2 good TEs, a deep oline, good depth at DE, A lot of talented LBs and good secondary depth.

Comment

Homer alert..

Steelers:

We go 2 deep at QB (Roeth/Batch)
      This year we can go 3-4 deep at RB.
      We can go 4-5 deep at WR(Ward, Holmes, Wilson, Washington, Reid.. possibly even Young/Fowler/Baker)
      We go 4 deep at TE right now... but 3 deep (Miller, Spaeth, Tuman/Boyd)

We have Willie Colon as a backup at any OL Position and one of the best.

3-4 DE we got 2 young guns (McBean/Jones)
      3-4 NT we got 2 great NT's (Hampton and Chris Hoke(Was our fulltime NT our 15-1 season).

LB We got 2-3 deep at each position

CB: We don't have amazing starting depth.. but Ike and DeShea.. with Bmac, *** and Anthony Madison.

Safety.. I'd like to go on record saying we have the best backup safeties in the league.. Tyrone Carter stepped in and played like Troy last year... and Anthony Smith is a budding star who's playing behind the more consistant vet.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Homer hat on

QB: Delhomme / Carr
        RB: Foster / Williams / Shelton / Goings
        WR: Smith / Carter / Colbert / Jarrett
        OLine: 3 tackles with starting experience, 2 starting calibre centres, former probowl LG and another two gaurd/centre tweeners with starting experience

DLine: Lewis, Carstens, Jenkins, kemoeatu, Peppers, Rucker, McClover, Lavalais, all with playing time, rookie, Charles Johnson
        LBer: Davis, Morgan, Diggs, Anderson, Seward all with playing time, rookies: Shaw and Beason
        CB: Ken Lucas, Chris Gamble, Dion Byrum, Richard Marshall
        Safety: Minter, Chris Harris no real depth there.

Pretty homer, but thought I'd throw them in there for consideration especially along the lines, at QB and at CB

Comment

Originally posted by HerthaFootballFan View Post
          Have to mention the pats just because so many of there guys are versatile as hell.

Bears are up there, 2 deep at QB and RB, a lot of receivers, 2 good TEs, a deep oline, good depth at DE, A lot of talented LBs and good secondary depth.
          I'd agree. Pats and Bears have a lot of veteran depth and have no real weaknesses at any point.

everyone else has one or two off of no depth or just lots of mediocre talent across the boards.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

If it's offensive depth, then I'll argue for my Colts. They have no chance when it comes to overall depth though.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
              I'd agree. Pats and Bears have a lot of veteran depth and have no real weaknesses at any point.

everyone else has one or two off of no depth or just lots of mediocre talent across the boards.
              I know that they have a great QB in Brady, but Matt Cassell is their backup. He isn't that good of a backup IMO

Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I have to go with NE and to me it ain't really that close.

Comment

I don't get all the NE love. Even though they are the most talent team in the league they have no depth at QB and weak depth at RB, DB, and LB.

Sure they are a great team but they don't have the most depth. If a guy like Brady or Maroney goes down they are gonna be in some trouble.

Just because your the best team in the league doesn't mean you have to be considered number 1 in everything. This thread is about the best depth and the Pats definately don't.
                  Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 08-06-2007, 10:11 AM.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Chargers have some good depth.

Comment

The Chargers do have very good depth at most positions. Only weak areas in my mind are at QB, WR, and DB.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                        I don't get all the NE love. They ahve no depth at QB and weak depth at RB, DB, and LB.

Sure they are a great team but they don't have the most depth. If a guy like Brady or Maroney goes down they are gonna be in some trouble.
                        This is what I've been saying all offseason; the Pats will be good, but they are not a lock for anything.

The Bolts have some pretty crazy depth; Volek has proven he can step in at QB and he's been in the system for a year now.

Michael Turner is the best backup RB out there. Our WR isn't dynamic, but we have a lot of guys who can make catches. I'll admit it's probably the weakest area though.

The LBers lost Donnie Edwards and Randall Godfrey, and we are still 3 deep. The DBs have 3 starting quality CBs, and we're solid enough at safety with guys like Bhawoh Jue and Eric Weddle waiting in the wings.

Comment

I actually forgot that the Chargers had Billy Volek. I like him alot.

WR is definatelt the weakest area esspecially after losing Eric Parker.

Comment

I believe it is Colts for offense and Bears for defense. But don't forget that it is also different team's systems that create a lot of depth. Wade Phillips created some good depth for LBs in San Diego while Denver's zone blocking scheme gives good depth for running backs.

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                              Homer alert..

Steelers:

We go 2 deep at QB (Roeth/Batch)
                              This year we can go 3-4 deep at RB.
                              We can go 4-5 deep at WR(Ward, Holmes, Wilson, Washington, Reid.. possibly even Young/Fowler/Baker)
                              We go 4 deep at TE right now... but 3 deep (Miller, Spaeth, Tuman/Boyd)

We have Willie Colon as a backup at any OL Position and one of the best.

3-4 DE we got 2 young guns (McBean/Jones)
                              3-4 NT we got 2 great NT's (Hampton and Chris Hoke(Was our fulltime NT our 15-1 season).

LB We got 2-3 deep at each position

CB: We don't have amazing starting depth.. but Ike and DeShea.. with Bmac, *** and Anthony Madison.

Safety.. I'd like to go on record saying we have the best backup safeties in the league.. Tyrone Carter stepped in and played like Troy last year... and Anthony Smith is a budding star who's playing behind the more consistant vet.
                              WOW, most the guys you used in your example have never even played an NFL down yet, but there great depth? I guess you were right on when you said "homer alert".

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information