No announcement yet.

Which Team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiefs have depth at LB not worldy depth: Donnie Edwards, Derrick Johnson, Napoleon Harris, Bell, Fox, Kershaw and Rookie Nate Harris.

Chiefs RBs(assuming Larry is Back): Larry Johnson, Michael Bennett(finally entering a season healthy for the 1st time in 2 years), Kolby Smith, Priest Holmes and NFL EUROPA MVP Derrick Ross lol.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
      Charlie Batch is 3-0 as a starter in replacement of Ben. He's accurate and can come in at any time and play great. Sorry I didn't say he was "The best". I said one of. You named 2 guys you think are better backup QBs. If they're "The best" and Batch is #3, I'd say thats "One of the best".
      I'm not going to respond to all of this cause frankly I don't care, but I named two guys, that doesn't mean those are the only two guys. Brian Griese is better, David Carr is better, Trent Dilfer is better, hell Kyle Boller is better.

In fact, I would probably say that Charlie Batch might be the best backup on the Steelers, and he's still not even top 5 at his position.

And yes, you are correct, our runningback depth is weak. So is our OT depth. Unlike you, I don't think everything on my team is solid gold. But then again, when you go 8-8 I guess you have room to make grand statements. Yeah..I know...you won the Superbowl two years ago, and Coach Cowher just didn't care this year, that's why you slumped. It's not because you have slightly deteriorating talent or because the Steelers played WAY over their heads in the 2005 playoffs. Just hope that they make huge moves this year..otherwise your constant homerish comments are really going to bite you in the ass, assuming you're even around till then.

And I don't have any personal vendetta against you, in fact I didn't even notice till a few days ago, but it's pretty clear a LOT of people on here are aware of what a massive homer you are, and that's never a good thing. Just ask Tubby.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The Saints are among the best in the league at RB depth, obviously - but that's about it. We've got NO depth in very key areas, which concerns me greatly. If Brees, a few O-Linemen, or one of our DE's go down, we're pretty much F'ed.
        The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          I'm not going to respond to all of this cause frankly I don't care, but I named two guys, that doesn't mean those are the only two guys. Brian Griese is better, David Carr is better, Trent Dilfer is better, hell Kyle Boller is better.

In fact, I would probably say that Charlie Batch might be the best backup on the Steelers, and he's still not even top 5 at his position.

And yes, you are correct, our runningback depth is weak. So is our OT depth. Unlike you, I don't think everything on my team is solid gold. But then again, when you go 8-8 I guess you have room to make grand statements. Yeah..I know...you won the Superbowl two years ago, and Coach Cowher just didn't care this year, that's why you slumped. It's not because you have slightly deteriorating talent or because the Steelers played WAY over their heads in the 2005 playoffs. Just hope that they make huge moves this year..otherwise your constant homerish comments are really going to bite you in the ass, assuming you're even around till then.

And I don't have any personal vendetta against you, in fact I didn't even notice till a few days ago, but it's pretty clear a LOT of people on here are aware of what a massive homer you are, and that's never a good thing. Just ask Tubby.
          I tend to be a homer, and I agree. I also think a lot of the time, we get criticized and it's a joke.

I've heard last year about how Willie Parker isn't a great RB, he's just a mediocre RB behind a great OL. But then when you try to get credit for the OL it's that Willie Parker just had a lucky season.

It's at which point does our team get credit...?

We played over our heads in 2005? For someone as intelligent as yourself is it that hard to give credit to us? we went 15-1 a season earlier. Then we ran the table as the sixth seed. Yet "We played over our heads" or "We just got lucky"

Why is it physically impossible that any Steeler is good? We have had 2 losing seasons in the past 15 years... have qualified for the playoffs 10times out of the last 15. I believe we made the AFCC 4-5 times in the last 15 years. Yet our entire team is a bunch of no good role players?

Is there some bias against my team? I believe so. Which is why I probably come off as a massive homer. I would like to see my team and it's players get credit for its/their achievements.

I think Batch is one of the best backups. Why? Because any time he's been called in he can start cold. If he needs to start a game in spot work, he's undefeated. I certainly wouldn't take Kyle Boller over Batch. The others in my opinion are debatable.

As for Najeh. Yes I'm aware he's not the best #2 rb in the league. But he does what we need. He runs with a little power and he's quick. Perfect for the screens we run. Add Carey Davis and Gary Russell who are looking like guys that are going to provide. I though going 4 deep with decently talented guys is pretty good. Though I have to admit, I believe the chiefs are better.

as for what I was saying. I didn't mean we had the best backups at every position. I took it as "What team had the best all around depth". I thought we were one of them. If you analyze by individual positions.. I think next year we'd qualify in some categories like RB, Safety, and TE.

Again I didn't mean to take a shot. It's just very frustrating when you're rooting for a good team, they have talent. Some talent is elite, and everyone tries to take a shot at them.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

The Grossman Rivers comparison is somewhat justifiable

Heres the argument. Grossman is very good, but just had a few bad games where his few fixable problems surfaced. Bears fans would lead you to believe that those problems will indeed be fixed and next year you will not see the bad rex all that often.
            Rivers on the other hand is a consistnat qb who didnt really run into any kind of problems. So as bear fans see it, if grossman can just fix his problems and play well the whole season, he could easily surpass rivers and there will be no argument.

But the numbers simply do not lie-
            In 10 games rex was great - 21 tds vs 2 int.. thats a very good ratio and is the basis for the argument.
            His 6 bad games - 2 tds and 18 int ... is why its not one

Rex seems to be very good when the defense gets a quick turnover and he makes one pass and its a td.. thats speculation i have no proof. But what i can prove is that he is not very good when the game is close but Rivers is amazing.

when rex is behind.. he owns a 49 qb rating 48 completion% 7tds and 12int in 9 games..

when rivers is behind he owns a 100 qb rating 61 completion% 10tds and 2int in the same 9 games

the argument ends with rivers gets better when he has too, fights off LT for tds and still puts in a consistantly good effort. Rex battles injuries and himslef while relying on his defense to win games that he is doing his best to lose.

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
              The Grossman Rivers comparison is somewhat justifiable

Heres the argument. Grossman is very good, but just had a few bad games where his few fixable problems surfaced. Bears fans would lead you to believe that those problems will indeed be fixed and next year you will not see the bad rex all that often.
              Rivers on the other hand is a consistnat qb who didnt really run into any kind of problems. So as bear fans see it, if grossman can just fix his problems and play well the whole season, he could easily surpass rivers and there will be no argument.

But the numbers simply do not lie-
              In 10 games rex was great - 21 tds vs 2 int.. thats a very good ratio and is the basis for the argument.
              His 6 bad games - 2 tds and 18 int ... is why its not one

Rex seems to be very good when the defense gets a quick turnover and he makes one pass and its a td.. thats speculation i have no proof. But what i can prove is that he is not very good when the game is close but Rivers is amazing.

when rex is behind.. he owns a 49 qb rating 48 completion% 7tds and 12int in 9 games..

when rivers is behind he owns a 100 qb rating 61 completion% 10tds and 2int in the same 9 games

the argument ends with rivers gets better when he has too, fights off LT for tds and still puts in a consistantly good effort. Rex battles injuries and himslef while relying on his defense to win games that he is doing his best to lose.
              No doubt you could justify an argument...

but you can't justify the bolded statement...
              Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
              Rivers=Grossman- At this point you cant argue otherwise. Rivers was more consistent by far but Grossman showed flashes of brilliance that eclipsed him and games far beneath him. Grossman went deeper in the playoffs and with his flashes of brilliance i think it should be called a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                No doubt you could justify an argument...

but you can't justify the bolded statement...

well yeah I'm just trying to put numbers to fit the words

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                  Okay lets look at this

Rivers=Grossman- At this point you cant argue otherwise. Rivers was more consistent by far but Grossman showed flashes of brilliance that eclipsed him and games far beneath him. Grossman went deeper in the playoffs and with his flashes of brilliance i think it should be called a draw.
                  I really hope your kidding. Rivers is far superior to Grossman. What are these "flashes of brillance" that Grossman showed? Are you sure it wasnt just the thrill of a completed pass?

Comment

Its true.. I'm pretty sure Thomas Jones, Devin Hester's punt returns, and the defense carried them to through the playoffs last year

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                      I really hope your kidding. Rivers is far superior to Grossman. What are these "flashes of brillance" that Grossman showed? Are you sure it wasnt just the thrill of a completed pass?
                      hes talking about the pace grossman set that had he continued it for a full season would have had him throwing 34 tds and 3 interceptions..

of course he could also be talking about the 48 interceptions and 5 touchdown pace he was also on..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyes View Post
                        Its true.. I'm pretty sure Thomas Jones, Devin Hester's punt returns, and the defense carried them to through the playoffs last year
                        There's no doubt about it. Grossman can't lead a drive of more than 50 yards. The Bears had 5+ possessions inside their own 30 in the NFC Championship game against the Saints. That's why they won. Bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                          How soon you forget that Grossman was putting up MVP-type numbers to start the season

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                            How soon you forget that Grossman was putting up MVP-type numbers to start the season

ok yeah he was on pace for 34 tds and 3 interceptions.. that would surely cement him for an MVP

BUT...

48 interceptions and 5 touchdown would be history! legendary! that would be the worst season of any player.. remember favres 29 int season? imagine 48! not to mention he fumbled 5 times in those horrible 6 games, giviing him 5 games where he had 4 turnovers or more!

at that pace he was on pace for 61 turnovers...and by the way the oakland raider football team totaled 46 turnovers last season..

how quickly you forget..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
                              ok yeah he was on pace for 34 tds and 3 interceptions.. that would surely cement him for an MVP

BUT...

48 interceptions and 5 touchdown would be history! legendary! that would be the worst season of any player.. remember favres 29 int season? imagine 48! not to mention he fumbled 5 times in those horrible 6 games, giviing him 5 games where he had 4 turnovers or more!

at that pace he was on pace for 61 turnovers...and by the way the oakland raider football team totaled 46 turnovers last season..

how quickly you forget..
                              He isn't arguing that Grossman is better. We all know Grossman had some poor stretches. But he was also great at times. Obviously, when you take his whole performance, he's worse than Rivers, no doubt. But he DID show flashes of brilliance.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                                He isn't arguing that Grossman is better. We all know Grossman had some poor stretches. But he was also great at times. Obviously, when you take his whole performance, he's worse than Rivers, no doubt. But he DID show flashes of brilliance.
                                i dont recall reading a statement he wrote saying grossman is better.. im aware of that..

he cannot mention mvp and grossman and the same sentence.. not when he played maybe the worst 6 games in NFL history

as for flashes of brilliance.. thats such a general term ..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information