• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indy... (10 char)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      Kansas City was always a power running team with a great O-line. With Shields and Roaf now gone their O-line is diminishing. Also with their best player likely to hold-out and a first year quarterback starting for them they are going to struggle on offense. Their defence is still weak and an area for concern.
      I didn't know being 16th in the NFL was weak for a D our O is not going to be very good I agree but people are going to be shocked by how our D plays we really started to turn it around last year this ain't DV's D.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
        besides their HC, DC and OC??? not a lot player wise, but it's hard to believe that a teams going to repeat or improve on a 14-2 record...
        I still doubt losing those guys will consitute enough losses for the season to be considered a "disappointment"...I know you don't either, because you already said you could see 10-12 wins for them, but is losing 2 more games really a "disappointment" or drop-off. Sure its a drop off, but I doubt a two game swing will be the biggest drop off there is in the NFL...If I had to guess teams that might have bigger drop offs, I would guess maybe the Jets or Saints, teams whose schedules weren't incredibly difficult, and won ten games, that may (not definitely) fall back with a harder schedule this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
          I still doubt losing those guys will consitute enough losses for the season to be considered a "disappointment"...I know you don't either, because you already said you could see 10-12 wins for them, but is losing 2 more games really a "disappointment" or drop-off. Sure its a drop off, but I doubt a two game swing will be the biggest drop off there is in the NFL...If I had to guess teams that might have bigger drop offs, I would guess maybe the Jets or Saints, teams whose schedules weren't incredibly difficult, and won ten games, that may (not definitely) fall back with a harder schedule this year.
          Uhh, come again? Last year the Saints played the AFC North and the NFC East. This year we've got the AFC South and NFC West. I've got no problem with you predicting the Saints to have a drop-off in 2007, but your reasoning is incredibly erroneous.
          The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
            Uhh, come again? Last year the Saints played the AFC North and the NFC East. This year we've got the AFC South and NFC West. I've got no problem with you predicting the Saints to have a drop-off in 2007, but your reasoning is incredibly erroneous.
            Eh, maybe I shouldn't have just listed teams off the top of my head, don't know why I assumed they had a weaker schedule..probably because of where they finished last year in comparison to the previous year...my mistake...

Generally what I was trying to say was some of the teams that had great seasons last year, due to their strength of schedule are more likely for a fall off, then say San Diego would.

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
              Indy... (10 char)
              They're definitely a candidate for having a drop-off, but they've still got enough talent to get in at least 9 or 10 wins. I really doubt they end up with a losing season.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                The Chargers, not to say that they will drop off drastically, but they def. wont go 14-2 again... maybe 10-12 wins.
                I think Phillip Rivers won't have nearly as good of a year last year as he will this year. He does have Norv Turner as his head coach, but not OC. Norv has never really turned out to do that well with offenses when he is HC, just ask Oakland and Redskins fans...

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

im not getting into this, what Giantsfan1080 said will suffice, and i agree with him. anyone is an upgrade over Carlos Emmons at LB... I'll just let the regular seaosn do the talking...
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                    They're definitely a candidate for having a drop-off, but they've still got enough talent to get in at least 9 or 10 wins. I really doubt they end up with a losing season.
                    Oh yeah I wasn't saying they will have a losing season, just don't think they will hit the heights of last year. If Booger is down long term as seems to be the case from what I have read, that's a big loss for them.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

The Giants and Chiefs seem to be a pretty obvious choice. I also think that the Saints and Titans qualify. I liked the story of the Saints last year and I was rooting for them to win the Super Bowl, but I think people need to remember that they were 10-6 last year, not an amazing 13-3 or 14-2 record. Their defense could become an issue for them. I liked watching Vince Young last year, but statistically he wasn't very good. On top of that, the Titans have virtually nothing else.

As far as a team that I think will struggle and everyone else thinks will be good, its the 49ers. I have argued my stance on this several times before, so I will just sum it up. The 49ers had one of the worst points differentials in the NFL, which means that in a typical season they would not have gone 7-9. Meaning they were lucky to have that 7-9 record. Alex Smith made great strides last season, mostly because he was striding forward from being utterly atrocious. Even with that stride forward, he was 22nd in QB rating. Their WR corps are very weak, better than last year, but still weak. Their defense was terrible last season and I doubt that the additions of Clements, Banta-Cain, and Willis will make that much of a difference. Clements is certainly a good CB, but any time a list of overrated CB's comes up, his name is mentioned. Banta-Cain is an amazingly overrated signing. He has 90 tackles in 4 seasons, and just 42 last season. Yeah, that definitely qualifies as season changing play. Willis is a rookie, he will be good, but expecting him to make a huge difference is asking quite a bit.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

The G-Men and also the Colts.

Comment

Chiefs and Titans... both offenses are looking more than a little shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                            The G-Men and also the Colts.
                            I wouldn't be suprised with the Colts. They've lost their LT and their CBs aren't very deep and talented. Booger is also out for the year meaning their run defense will suffer.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                              Which team do you think will have the biggest drop-off next season??? Teams that were good last year but will be a big dissapointment this year.

Personally I'd say the Giants and the Chiefs.

The Giants lost their best player in Tiki and could also lose Strahan if he retires. Both of their Left Tackles are gone and Guy Whimper is the replacement. Also on Defense they lost both of their OLB's and Kiwi is going to play their. On top of all that their coach Tom Coughlin is on the verge of being fired.

Kansas City was always a power running team with a great O-line. With Shields and Roaf now gone their O-line is diminishing. Also with their best player likely to hold-out and a first year quarterback starting for them they are going to struggle on offense. Their defence is still weak and an area for concern.

I expect both teams to pick in the Top 7 next year.

Who do you think will dissapoint?
                              The Kansas City defense is not still weak but thanks for the opinion that shows a complete lack of knowledge on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                                Chiefs and Titans... both offenses are looking more than a little shaky.
                                And our offense wasn't a little shaky last year? Yet we still made the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information