Biggest Drop-off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Drop-off

Which team do you think will have the biggest drop-off next season??? Teams that were good last year but will be a big dissapointment this year.

Personally I'd say the Giants and the Chiefs.

The Giants lost their best player in Tiki and could also lose Strahan if he retires. Both of their Left Tackles are gone and Guy Whimper is the replacement. Also on Defense they lost both of their OLB's and Kiwi is going to play their. On top of all that their coach Tom Coughlin is on the verge of being fired.

Kansas City was always a power running team with a great O-line. With Shields and Roaf now gone their O-line is diminishing. Also with their best player likely to hold-out and a first year quarterback starting for them they are going to struggle on offense. Their defence is still weak and an area for concern.

I expect both teams to pick in the Top 7 next year.

Who do you think will dissapoint?

I think you hit it pretty well with New York and KC. The Titans are another team that I think will as well.

Comment

Yeah I don't see KC/NYG/TEN matching what they did last year.

KC/NYG for reasons stated plenty of times this offseason and TEN for the fact that they're less Pacman and won't have the sort of luck they had last year.

Comment

The Chargers, not to say that they will drop off drastically, but they def. wont go 14-2 again... maybe 10-12 wins.

Comment

Atlanta and NYG.

Giants for the reasons you mentioned, plus I'm not a believer in Manning at all.

Atlanta because apparently DJ is the best QB in camp. If he's your best QB you're in for a long season. Abraham's inability to stay healthy along with losing Kerney just makes it worse.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

If NYG go better then 3-13 I would be shocked!

Comment

i think TACKLE you pretty much said my teams and explanations for me. Giants/KC

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                Which team do you think will have the biggest drop-off next season??? Teams that were good last year but will be a big dissapointment this year.

The Giants lost their best player in Tiki and could also lose Strahan if he retires. Both of their Left Tackles are gone and Guy Whimper is the replacement. Also on Defense they lost both of their OLB's and Kiwi is going to play their. On top of all that their coach Tom Coughlin is on the verge of being fired.

Kansas City was always a power running team with a great O-line. With Shields and Roaf now gone their O-line is diminishing. Also with their best player likely to hold-out and a first year quarterback starting for them they are going to struggle on offense. Their defence is still weak and an area for concern.

I couldn't agree with you more...the Chiefs and the Giants are the most likely in my mind.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Titans- tougher schedule and Young struggled against good D's I can see then going 5-11 or 6-10.

Falcons- Joey Harrington as their QB= horrible year. I see them going 4-12 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post

David Diehl is going to be our LT. Also, Mitchell and Kiwi are upgrades over Arrington and Emmons.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The question was about, and I quote, "teams that were good last year but will be a big dissapointment this year." The Giants, while they did make the playoffs, were not exactly what I'd call a "good" team last season. As for the Falcons, they stunk in 2006.

Kansas City depends on the QB situation, but I could easily see them hovering around .500 if LJ shows up (and he will) and either Croyle or Huard plays just decent football. I think their defense will be improved, and looking at their schedule I can very easily see 7 wins.

The biggest "disappointment" IMO could be the Colts. Granted, they'll still win 10 games and make the playoffs, BUT: they won't be able to stop the run at all, they lost their best O-Lineman (their left tackle, at that...) to retirement, and coming from a huge LSU fan I have my doubts that Joe Addai can handle the load (which could be disaster if he can't, considering the chumps they have backing him up). With that said, they still have Manning, Harrison, and Wayne so that offense will definitely carry them to a good season, but my money is on the Jags to win the division. The defending SB champs not winning their division is a disappointment, IMO.

And of course, as a Saints fan, I have thoughts in the back of my head that this season will be a let-down. They are the Saints, after all...
                      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        David Diehl is going to be our LT. Also, Mitchell and Kiwi are upgrades over Arrington and Emmons.
                        eh.... sure.

Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
                        Titans- tougher schedule and Young struggled against good D's I can see then going 5-11 or 6-10.
                        Titans have nobody @ WR, Vince Young is a good, young (omg word-joke) qb, but with little to no targets, he'll struggle.

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                        The Chargers, not to say that they will drop off drastically, but they def. wont go 14-2 again... maybe 10-12 wins.
                        who did they lose, seriously?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

besides their HC, DC and OC??? not a lot player wise, but it's hard to believe that a teams going to repeat or improve on a 14-2 record...

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                            Head Coach and both Coordinators?
                            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                              besides their HC, DC and OC??? not a lot player wise, but it's hard to believe that a teams going to repeat or improve on a 14-2 record...
                              Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                              Head Coach and both Coordinators?
                              oh right, forgot about that... damn you don't go online for a while and this stuff gets away so quickly.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information