Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i the only one who enjoys preseason games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I just want the regular season to start!!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Most users on here really do like preseason games because this is a draft website and people want to followup on the draft and see the rookies and such play. However nothing beats the reg season.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
        Most users on here really do like preseason games because this is a draft website and people want to followup on the draft and see the rookies and such play. However nothing beats the reg season.
        do the playoffs count?

        Sig by Fenikz

        I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

        Comment


        • #34
          I hate preseason games...but I understand there importance just can't stand to watch much....

          Comment


          • #35
            I enjoy any football after frickin months of baseball and sitcom reruns.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Paul View Post
              I enjoy any football after frickin months of baseball and sitcom reruns.
              I think i've seen every episode of Scrubs now on Comedy Central.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
                You're not the only one enjoying pre-season games. Hence the sold out stadiums.
                The stadiums are sold out because the NFL requires season ticket holders to take the games with the season tickets otherwise the stadiums would be pretty empty.
                And proud of it!!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  While they are not the most entertaining games to watch, the reason I watch pre-season games is to gauge how the rookies are doing, how free agents are doing, and how improved the areas of need are on my team.

                  Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                  Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    They're 4 (or 5 in you're in the HOF game) more chances for your players to get injured. That right there is an argument against them. Not my main argument though. They don't mean anything statistically. What would be great is if they just did scrimmages scheduled by the teams. I know the NFL does do that, but it's in addition. In the Arena League, they do the scrimmages exclusively. That's what I would like to see in the NFL.

                    NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

                    Or @ least they had better be.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                      They're 4 (or 5 in you're in the HOF game) more chances for your players to get injured. That right there is an argument against them. Not my main argument though. They don't mean anything statistically. What would be great is if they just did scrimmages scheduled by the teams. I know the NFL does do that, but it's in addition. In the Arena League, they do the scrimmages exclusively. That's what I would like to see in the NFL.
                      I think teams would be opposed to eliminating preseason games. They are needed for many reasons, the most important of all being getting the players in game shape. Without preseason games, the first few weeks of the regular season would be quite sloppy. Consider preseason games as dress rehearsals. Obviously the other huge reason they are needed is to somewhat accurately gauge the value of all the young guys that are on the roster bubble. They get the majority of the playing time anyway. The vets get about how much time they need to prepare for battle, and the rest of the time goes to determining who will be cut. I think you need at least 2 or 3 games to accomplish that. Certainly not 5 though. Scrimmages would just make it tougher on coaches to determine who is capable of performing on game day, and it would make it tougher for the players to adequately prepare for live game action. You gotta remember that not every player in the league is a star.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Yeah, maybe they are needed, but I personally think 2 or 3 would suffice. There's no need for that many.

                        NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

                        Or @ least they had better be.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Yes, I enjoy watching the preseason games. It's the first football action since February. However, I only enjoy watching the starters play and the rookie first rounders if they play later on in the game.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I love preseason games, after waiting for months after the regular season is over, i cant wait to sit down and watch a game, even if it is unimportant, or the teams dont care about winning. It gives a good look at the rookies, and the other second or third string guys to see how well they have improved.


                            Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information