100 Greatest QB's of all time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
    I love Johnny U as much as the next guy but #1?

1.Joe Montana
    2.John Elway
    3.Dan Marino

I left off any one playing right now but Manning and Brady are flying up the list each year.
    In case you didn't know, Unitas is widely, widely regarded as the best quarterback to ever play.

Comment

Actually most people Ive talked to think its Montana. BTW this guy is a complete joke

Comment

Here are some QBs he has ranked over Aikman:

Joe "More INTs than TDs" Namath
        Steve McNair
        Craig Morton
        Randall Cunningham
        Mark Brunell

And a bunch of non-NFL oddballs.

Comment

wow this list is wack I may be somewhat of a Packers homer but Brett Favre deserses to be top 5 IMO.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
            In case you didn't know, Unitas is widely, widely regarded as the best quarterback to ever play.
            By who? I love Johnny U as much as the next guy top five sure #1 not so much.

Comment

Terrible list. Favre should be AT LEASED #1...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Johnny U is the only answer to the question of who's number 1? He revolutionized the position and the game as well. Without his success in those formative years the QB position wouldn't be where its at today. He gets the nod not only for his stats, which were incredible in his time, but also for changing the position and being one the greatest field generals ever.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Wow, just wow. That is one of the worst lists I have seen in some time. Brunell in front of Esiason, Simms, Kelly, and others. Aaron Brooks being on the list. I don't want to sound like a homer, but wouldn't you all agree that Bulger should be ahead of Brooks on something like this, I mean wow. I know this guy was trying to equate different eras, but when he started using his formula and the rankings started coming out so crazy, he should have tried to fine tune the system.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

good to see Tarkenton getting some of the respect he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                      By who? I love Johnny U as much as the next guy top five sure #1 not so much.
                      The guy ended his career with a couple championships and had set like 20+records i think, he held the TD record for awhile, until Fran came along
                      And Anderson and Fouts are ten spots too high
                      Last edited by neko4; 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                        Wow, just wow. That is one of the worst lists I have seen in some time. Brunell in front of Esiason, Simms, Kelly, and others. Aaron Brooks being on the list. I don't want to sound like a homer, but wouldn't you all agree that Bulger should be ahead of Brooks on something like this, I mean wow. I know this guy was trying to equate different eras, but when he started using his formula and the rankings started coming out so crazy, he should have tried to fine tune the system.
                        I may be wrong but i think this list has a lot to do with longetivity.

Bulger has only played 3 full seasons, and 2 half seasons. So he has not played enough.

another guy is Tom Brady, who has only played 6 full seasons, thats one reason why he is ranked low.

Comment

Aaron Brooks at 97, Vick at 98!!!!!
                          I think Flutie shoul;dve been in the 70's
                          Brunell was about 10 spots too high

Comment

Originally posted by dre1614 View Post
                            I may be wrong but i think this list has a lot to do with longetivity.

Bulger has only played 3 full seasons, and 2 half seasons. So he has not played enough.

another guy is Tom Brady, who has only played 6 full seasons, thats one reason why he is ranked low.
                            You make a great point, for all we know Bulger could come out and throw 30 picks next year, and never get good again

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                              Where is Otto Graham? He is undisputedly one of the top 10, maybe even top 5 QBs of all time. He only played in 10 straight championship games. It's not like Graham didn't play in the 1950s, and that is where the "modern era" should start. They should've made the cutoff date farther back than the 60s.
                              The article states, that 1950 is the cutoff date. he doesn't use the stats before that date. Otto only played 6 seasons after that, so thats why he isnt ranked. He also said he would be in the top 20 if all of his stats were included.

Comment

Jon Kitna "just missed the cut"..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information