Steven Jacksons goal of 2500 yards.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    im a big jackson fan...but i dont think he can pull off 2500 yards i mean thats alot of yards...wats the record in a season again?
    Single season record is 2429 yards by Marshall Faulk in 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      As a fantasy football player who selected him, I approve of his goals. :D
      Well I hope he makes it for your fantasy's sake then ;)

2500 is a lot though, not impossible, but maybe 2000 would be a more realistic goal for him. But it's good to see he's hungry.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

If it's APY, there's a chance. He's going to be the feature back of one of the best offenses in the NFL, and unlike Martz, Linehan seems to want to use Jackson to the fullest of his capabilities. It is a lofty goal, but for a RB of Jackson's caliber in an offense of the Rams' caliber, he certainly has an outside shot at least.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
          As a fantasy football player who selected him, I approve of his goals. :D
          LOL no kidding. I have him too

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

It's total yards from scrimmage. Those of you who think he has no chance need to remember that he had 2334 last season. A 166 yard improvement is certainly realistic. He just needs to stay healthy, and the Rams need to keep giving him the ball. Do we think they won't? Hell, if he can just improve his YPC a bit with a few more big runs, that would cover the 166 right there. If he gets more carries, he could get it. I think the biggest question is whether or not he'll get 90 receptions again. He's gonna need to have another impressive year receiving to accomplish this lofty goal. But yeah, all he's basically saying is that he expects to improve this year, and he thinks it's likely because he feels that he and his o-line really began to gel toward the end of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
              It's total yards from scrimmage. Those of you who think he has no chance need to remember that he had 2334 last season. A 166 yard improvement is certainly realistic. He just needs to stay healthy, and the Rams need to keep giving him the ball. Do we think they won't? Hell, if he can just improve his YPC a bit with a few more big runs, that would cover the 166 right there. If he gets more carries, he could get it. I think the biggest question is whether or not he'll get 90 receptions again. He's gonna need to have another impressive year receiving to accomplish this lofty goal. But yeah, all he's basically saying is that he expects to improve this year, and he thinks it's likely because he feels that he and his o-line really began to gel toward the end of last year.
              he got to 2334 yards with one of the best O-lines in the NFL blocking for him... he'll need to get 166 yards extra behind a weaker line... that makes it though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                he got to 2334 yards with one of the best O-lines in the NFL blocking for him... he'll need to get 166 yards extra behind a weaker line... that makes it though.
                Oh, it'll certainly be tough. And I'm not saying it's necessarily likely. I'd actually bet against it unless I was getting good odds on my money. I'm just saying that it's absolutely a realistic goal.

Comment

Adding Orlando Pace makes for a weaker OL? Interesting.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

jackson is easily a top 3 back, but 2500 APyds is pretty rediculous. could definitely see him getting more than 2000 this year though.
                    I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                      Adding Orlando Pace makes for a weaker OL? Interesting.
                      damn... I was thinking Chiefs. My bad.

And they already had pace. they re-signed him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

damn... I was thinking Chiefs. My bad.

And they already had pace. they re-signed him.
                        Pace was injured for half of 2006. So in a sense, they're adding him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                          Pace was injured for half of 2006. So in a sense, they're adding him.
                          no, it's a re-signing... he had a contract, got a new one.
                          that's re-signing.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

no, it's a re-signing... he had a contract, got a new one.
                            that's re-signing.
                            He's making the point that Jackson was running behind an OL without Pace for half the year last year (he missed 8 games with injury). This year, he's going to have a healthy Pace in front of him, so it's essentially like they are "adding" him.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                              jackson is easily a top 3 back, but 2500 APyds is pretty rediculous. could definitely see him getting more than 2000 this year though.
                              You're aware he had 2334 yards from scrimmage last year, right? I think he's already reached "ridiculous" level. 2000 should be expected at this point, and would likely be the result of an injury or diminished role in the passing game. I see no predictable reason to think he'll regress statistically.

Comment

I'll shave all the hair off my body if he does it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information