Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven Jacksons goal of 2500 yards.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    total yards wouldnt be so hard but rushing yards overall thats a far fetched goal there.

    Comment


    • #47
      I'd love to see him pull it off.

      But I can't see him doing it against the AFC North and the NFC South..

      Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

      Comment


      • #48
        Ok, first of all no one is ever going to rush for 2500 yards. That would be completely insane, and I don't think anyone could survive getting the kind of carries it would take to do that. Jackson's goal is 2500 all-purpose yards. His thinking is that he will not get as many receptions this season, but feels he can increase his yards per catch. I would obviously not be opposed to him reaching this goal because that means the Rams are a virtual lock to make the playoffs, but I don't want him to be run into the ground like a certain other running back that resides in the great state of Missouri.

        I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
          total yards wouldnt be so hard but rushing yards overall thats a far fetched goal there.
          Wait, what? Total yards wouldn't be that hard to do? You mean breaking a record set by Marshall Faulk, by about 80 yards won't be that hard?

          And it is total yards, no one will ever hit 2500 rushing yards, unless someone decides to extend the season a couple games.

          Comment


          • #50
            If Steven Jackson hits 2,500 total yards, how much money do you think he's worth?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
              total yards wouldnt be so hard but rushing yards overall thats a far fetched goal there.
              Yeah, not hard at all. What with it never being done in the history of the game.
              Should be simple.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                Yeah, not hard at all. What with it never being done in the history of the game.
                Should be simple.
                really? never been done before? Suddenly it seems a lot more far-fetched that he'll do it, lol....To be honest, I wouldnt be surprised if Jackson never even comes close to matching the receivers numbers he put up in 06 again in his career. I need to see him do it for another year before I believe he is the kind of receiver those numbers make him out to be, because those are Faulk-esque type receiving numbers and Jackson didnt have a whole lot of rep for his receiving skills coming into the league, he was a big, bruising runner......Now thats not to say he cant be a great receiver, but Im not sure I completely buy it yet, I dont know if he can make as many huge plays as a receiver as he did in the past, part of it could be teams not respecting him as a receiver out of the backfield because after all he is a big bruising runner not a Reggie Bush/Marshall Faulk/Tiki Barber mold of running back....Quite honestly, if Jackson is indeed the type of receiver those numbers of his indicate, and you add that to his ability as a power runner, then we are looking at one of the greatest backs ever.

                Comment


                • #53
                  I know most people will disagree, but I truly believe that Reggie Bush will come close to getting 2500 yards this season. Late last season, he made drastic improvements as a runner. This year, he's faster (as silly as that may be to believe) and he's doing a superb job of showing he can be an effective runner between the tackles. I can see him getting over 1000 yards rushing this season. The Saints have already indicated that they plan to give him more carries in the running game. Also, the Saints are using him more as a WR. Last year, he was catching swing passes out the backfield. This year, the Saints have running WR routes. The other night against Buffalo showed a glimpse of what you can expect from him. That said, I think he will join Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk as the only running backs to get 1000 rushing and receiving.

                  Getting to exactly 2500 yards might be difficult but Bush could come very close. To get to 2500 yards, a player needs to average 156.25 yards per game. That's not easy but it is possible. For Bush, it will depend on how much he carries the ball. I won't be surprised if he gets 200+ carries and there has been some speculation that he might end up with more carries by season's end than Deuce. So far, he's been averaging 5.8 yards this preseason. I won't even argue that he will keep that up when the real games begin but you can expect him to be right around 5 yards or a tad more. Last year in the final 8, he was at 4.8 and in the final month, 5.1. So, it remains to be seen but all I am saying is do not be surprised if he threatens Faulk's record and possibly 2500 yards.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
                    I know most people will disagree, but I truly believe that Reggie Bush will come close to getting 2500 yards this season. Late last season, he made drastic improvements as a runner. This year, he's faster (as silly as that may be to believe) and he's doing a superb job of showing he can be an effective runner between the tackles. I can see him getting over 1000 yards rushing this season. The Saints have already indicated that they plan to give him more carries in the running game. Also, the Saints are using him more as a WR. Last year, he was catching swing passes out the backfield. This year, the Saints have running WR routes. The other night against Buffalo showed a glimpse of what you can expect from him. That said, I think he will join Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk as the only running backs to get 1000 rushing and receiving.
                    Hmm...lets break this one down. You expect him to get over 1000 yards rushing, while splitting carries with Deuce. Let's be generous and even give him 1200 yards rushing, amazing for a second year guy, whose splitting carries. Now you expect him to get 1300 yards receiving as well, when even the top wide receivers in the league struggle to do that well?!? Really? As a second year running back you think he'll get enough touches to do that? I'm sure he's going to get a bunch of passes but I sure would be suprised if he approaches 90 catches again this year, but if he does, he's not getting as many carries either. Not to mention, him hitting 2500 total yards, is something that no one in the history of the NFL has ever done...you expect him to do more then both LT and Steven Jackson today, or something even Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk never did? Not to mention that last year, even with 88 catches, unheard of for such an inexperienced running back, he only got 742 yards receiving...how much do you expect that to go up, assuming he even does catch 100 balls? At his rate of yards per catch, he would need 154 catches, approximately, to hit 1300 yards receiving...good luck with that. Not to mention, even giving him about 200 carries this year, he would need a 6.0 ypc average to get the 1200 rushing yards anyway. Good Luck.

                    Originally posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
                    Getting to exactly 2500 yards might be difficult but Bush could come very close. To get to 2500 yards, a player needs to average 156.25 yards per game. That's not easy but it is possible. For Bush, it will depend on how much he carries the ball. I won't be surprised if he gets 200+ carries and there has been some speculation that he might end up with more carries by season's end than Deuce. So far, he's been averaging 5.8 yards this preseason. I won't even argue that he will keep that up when the real games begin but you can expect him to be right around 5 yards or a tad more. Last year in the final 8, he was at 4.8 and in the final month, 5.1. So, it remains to be seen but all I am saying is do not be surprised if he threatens Faulk's record and possibly 2500 yards.
                    Well jeez they only need to average 156.25 yards per game? If its so easy why haven't players like Tomlinson and Jackson, who are much better runnners, and near the caliber receiver, if not equal to that of Reggie Bush already accomplished this? Or what about Barry Sanders the most electric player of all time? Even if Bush gets 200+ Carries like you said, assuming he can get the 1300 yards receiving, which he won't He needs to get 6.0 ypc to get 1200 rushing yards, which he will not do, not matter what his preseason yards per carry is. And despite how well he may have ended up last year, he still has trouble running between the tackles, and won't be breaking off huge runs all year long. He had a 3.6 ypc average last year you really expect that to improve by a full yard and a half or two yards in order for him to break 2500 yards?


                    Can we wait a little bit before annointing Reggie Bush the second coming. He's a good running back, but the only way in hell he hits 2500 yards is if he gets a whole lot of special teams work as well, but thats different then doing it with just receiving and rushing yards.
                    Last edited by JK17; 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      im not gonna doubt anything when it comes to Reggie Bush, i could see him receiving for 1500 yards, and rewriting a lot of records. A lot of people dont give him credit cuz he is sharing time with Duce and hasnt put up fat numbers yet (not that his rookie numbers were at all bad) and they dont think hes a tuff enough inside runner....but he is just phenomenal in my mind and he is gonna set this league on fire soon enough

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
                        im not gonna doubt anything when it comes to Reggie Bush, i could see him receiving for 1500 yards, and rewriting a lot of records. A lot of people dont give him credit cuz he is sharing time with Duce and hasnt put up fat numbers yet (not that his rookie numbers were at all bad) and they dont think hes a tuff enough inside runner....but he is just phenomenal in my mind and he is gonna set this league on fire soon enough
                        The only way he will get 1500 yards receiving is if they actaully switch his position to WR. He just won't get enough catches to do it, if he's getting about 200+ carries as well. He would need over 100 catches to hit 1500 yards, not to mention all the other WRs down in New Orleans will be taking receptions away (Colston, Henderson, Copper, Meachem, and Eric Johnson now, will all be getting there fair share of catches).

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                          The only way he will get 1500 yards receiving is if they actaully switch his position to WR. He just won't get enough catches to do it, if he's getting about 200+ carries as well. He would need over 100 catches to hit 1500 yards, not to mention all the other WRs down in New Orleans will be taking receptions away (Colston, Henderson, Copper, Meachem, and Eric Johnson now, will all be getting there fair share of catches).
                          Im not saying he will do it now but at some point in his career he could do that. 100+ catches is something he could easily do, he could do it multiple times....He had about 90 catches this year and his playing time will only increase, 100+ catches is something that has been done and Bush is as good a receiver as Ive ever seen at HB and I watched Faulk in his prime and he was amazing but I cant positively say I feel like Faulk is better than Bush, of course Bush still has something to prove but theres not much doubt in my mind that he'll prove it...But anyways what im saying is he can get 100+ catches with his receiving ability and with his ability to run after the catch he can break off a lot of big gains and Im just saying I dont see it out of the realm of possibility that he could be a guy who has seasons where he gets 1200-1800 on the ground and 1000-1500 in the air, and I know those are unprecedented numbers for a guy to be putting up but that is how special of a player I feel like Reggie is.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                            Hmm...lets break this one down. You expect him to get over 1000 yards rushing, while splitting carries with Deuce. Let's be generous and even give him 1200 yards rushing, amazing for a second year guy, whose splitting carries. Now you expect him to get 1300 yards receiving as well, when even the top wide receivers in the league struggle to do that well?!? Really? As a second year running back you think he'll get enough touches to do that? I'm sure he's going to get a bunch of passes but I sure would be suprised if he approaches 90 catches again this year, but if he does, he's not getting as many carries either. Not to mention, him hitting 2500 total yards, is something that no one in the history of the NFL has ever done...you expect him to do more then both LT and Steven Jackson today, or something even Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk never did? Not to mention that last year, even with 88 catches, unheard of for such an inexperienced running back, he only got 742 yards receiving...how much do you expect that to go up, assuming he even does catch 100 balls? At his rate of yards per catch, he would need 154 catches, approximately, to hit 1300 yards receiving...good luck with that. Not to mention, even giving him about 200 carries this year, he would need a 6.0 ypc average to get the 1200 rushing yards anyway. Good Luck.



                            Well jeez they only need to average 156.25 yards per game? If its so easy why haven't players like Tomlinson and Jackson, who are much better runnners, and near the caliber receiver, if not equal to that of Reggie Bush already accomplished this? Or what about Barry Sanders the most electric player of all time? Even if Bush gets 200+ Carries like you said, assuming he can get the 1300 yards receiving, which he won't He needs to get 6.0 ypc to get 1200 rushing yards, which he will not do, not matter what his preseason yards per carry is. And despite how well he may have ended up last year, he still has trouble running between the tackles, and won't be breaking off huge runs all year long. He had a 3.6 ypc average last year you really expect that to improve by a full yard and a half or two yards in order for him to break 2500 yards?


                            Can we wait a little bit before annointing Reggie Bush the second coming. He's a good running back, but the only way in hell he hits 2500 yards is if he gets a whole lot of special teams work as well, but thats different then doing it with just receiving and rushing yards.
                            You obviously do not read through posts or you did not read through this one. I said that Bush might come "close," not that he would actually get the 2500. I also said to do so you would have to average 156.25 yards and followed that up by saying that is not easy. Also, I do not think anyone is annointing Bush. But it is not a stretch to say that he could challenge Faulk's single season all-purpose yards record and also 2500 yards. Does not mean he will get it, but if you could see Bush this year in training camp, you would understand how my statements here are being informed. It seems like night and day as compared with last year around this time and definitely seems as if he has picked up where he left off.

                            Finally, Bush should not only approach 90 catches, but easily surpass it. Joe Horn is gone. Bush will be expected to pick up more of the receiving load. Again, if you knew what was going on with the Saints, you would know where my statements are coming from. The Saints fully plan to put the ball in his hands more both rushing and receiving. And the local beatwriter for the team has suggested that Bush could not only end up with more touches at the end of the season than Deuce, but also more carries at Payton wants Bush to be the "man" this year.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                              Hmm...lets break this one down. You expect him to get over 1000 yards rushing, while splitting carries with Deuce. Let's be generous and even give him 1200 yards rushing, amazing for a second year guy, whose splitting carries. Now you expect him to get 1300 yards receiving as well, when even the top wide receivers in the league struggle to do that well?!? Really? As a second year running back you think he'll get enough touches to do that? I'm sure he's going to get a bunch of passes but I sure would be suprised if he approaches 90 catches again this year, but if he does, he's not getting as many carries either. Not to mention, him hitting 2500 total yards, is something that no one in the history of the NFL has ever done...you expect him to do more then both LT and Steven Jackson today, or something even Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk never did? Not to mention that last year, even with 88 catches, unheard of for such an inexperienced running back, he only got 742 yards receiving...how much do you expect that to go up, assuming he even does catch 100 balls? At his rate of yards per catch, he would need 154 catches, approximately, to hit 1300 yards receiving...good luck with that. Not to mention, even giving him about 200 carries this year, he would need a 6.0 ypc average to get the 1200 rushing yards anyway. Good Luck.



                              Well jeez they only need to average 156.25 yards per game? If its so easy why haven't players like Tomlinson and Jackson, who are much better runnners, and near the caliber receiver, if not equal to that of Reggie Bush already accomplished this? Or what about Barry Sanders the most electric player of all time? Even if Bush gets 200+ Carries like you said, assuming he can get the 1300 yards receiving, which he won't He needs to get 6.0 ypc to get 1200 rushing yards, which he will not do, not matter what his preseason yards per carry is. And despite how well he may have ended up last year, he still has trouble running between the tackles, and won't be breaking off huge runs all year long. He had a 3.6 ypc average last year you really expect that to improve by a full yard and a half or two yards in order for him to break 2500 yards?


                              Can we wait a little bit before annointing Reggie Bush the second coming. He's a good running back, but the only way in hell he hits 2500 yards is if he gets a whole lot of special teams work as well, but thats different then doing it with just receiving and rushing yards.
                              Seasonticketholder = owned.

                              by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                2500 yards from scrimmage is a remarkable feat, and I don't like S-Jax's chances of reaching it. Reggie Bush, much less so (barring a monumental increase in touches, maybe).
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information