Steven Jacksons goal of 2500 yards.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven Jacksons goal of 2500 yards.

How realistic do you think it is for him to reach it? I'm thinking 2250 is realistic, but 2500 may be a bit high. If he gets it though, he'll have proved the league alot about him. Possibly overtakin LT as #1

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2459789
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Total Yards or Rushing Yards? If it's Total I think he could get it. Rushing maybe a different story with so much other weapons on the team.

Comment

i hope he does... he's alot of fun to watch...
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Total is possible. 1800 yards and 700 receiving, while extremely unlikely, is possible.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

He cannot surpass LT as the #1. But 2500 total yards would be awesome. If they can open up the ground game a bit so he can get more ypc then 2500 wouldn't be so ridiculous. Give him 2 more carries a game and get .1 more yard per carry and he's at 1700 yards rushing. Then he'd have to repeat his receiving totals from last year. And then he would die the next season because he just has 468 touches and maybe even some for the playoffs if they go.

Comment

He said all-purpose yards not just rushing...that would be insane.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

ill say he does
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm going to say he will. He appears to have the strong work ethic necessary to get 2500 yards. Not only that, he has excellent and can handle the punishment of being a feature back.

How come he slipped down to the late first round in 2004?

He had 2,334 total yards last year. He only needs 166 more total yards.
                Last edited by Packers-Cardinals; 08-12-2007, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Jackson definatly has the talent to do it but im not sure with all the other weapons on that offense that im not sure that he will get the ball quite enough to have a chance to get 2500 yds.
                  Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 08-12-2007, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Like everyone's said, its certainly possible he can get to 2500 yards...It'll be an uphill battle, and personally I doubt he'll do it, but I don't want to count him out either. It'd be an incredible feat, but I'm also not so sure it knocks him over LT as the #1 guy, even if he does do it though.

So I'm gonna say no he won't, and if he does...like America said...good luck next year, with all that wear and tear.

Comment

I hope he'll be doing special teams, if he wants to make that many all-purpose yards...

Comment

he'll make it happen! he's a very tallented RB on the rise and im glad my Rams got him :)

Comment

I would love some action on this. ($$)

No way he gets 2,500.

Comment

im a big jackson fan...but i dont think he can pull off 2500 yards i mean thats alot of yards...wats the record in a season again?
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

As a fantasy football player who selected him, I approve of his goals. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information