BF51's Top Ten Coaches on the Hot Seat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    Personally, I hope Billick remains as the head coach of the Ravens for years to come.
    He's the greatest coach in the history of the franchise, yes I know short history and he's only the 2nd head coach, has a winning record, won a Super Bowl in his 2nd season, and his adored by the fans and the owner, Coach will continue to be the coach of this team for as long as he wants. He has the swagger and attitude that are perfect for this city and fanbase and now apparent has the pieces in place to break out more of his offense. There is no hope of Coach staying, its a fact.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Crennell will be gone in Cleveland. I hate when people act like Phil Savage, the GM is on the hot seat aswell. Phil is doing wonders for our team specifically in FA and the draft. Just look at our 1st round picks without him compared to with him. Better yet he allways finds a stud in RD2 etc...

Bill Cowher will be our head coach next year mark it down. Hes got the 3-4 deffense he likes in place with some solid young talent and he opened his career up in Cleveland and loved it. It might cost around 7-10 mill a year to get him in which case you almost have to make him your GM with total control.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
        Crennell will be gone in Cleveland. I hate when people act like Phil Savage, the GM is on the hot seat aswell. Phil is doing wonders for our team specifically in FA and the draft. Just look at our 1st round picks without him compared to with him. Better yet he allways finds a stud in RD2 etc...

Bill Cowher will be our head coach next year mark it down. Hes got the 3-4 deffense he likes in place with some solid young talent and he opened his career up in Cleveland and loved it. It might cost around 7-10 mill a year to get him in which case you almost have to make him your GM with total control.
        You just contradicted yourself with that post............

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

It's laughable that Nolan is on this list. Might as well throw Belichick on there as well. He hasn't won in 2 years.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
            It's laughable that Nolan is on this list. Might as well throw Belichick on there as well. He hasn't won in 2 years.
            Bellicheck in the last two years = 22-10, 3-2 in the playoffs

Nolan in the last two years = 11-21

You're right that is laughable.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
              It's been 9 years since Holmgren left the Packers already? Wow.
              I thought that myself, I was a little suprised at how long Holmgren has been in Seattle. Not a whole lot to show for it other than that one trip to the Superbowl.

Comment

Nolan also inherited what was likely the worst roster (and maybe even franchise) in the league at the time of his hiring. He's not anywhere close to the hot seat imo.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Bellicheck in the last two years = 22-10, 3-2 in the playoffs Patriots, nuff said

Nolan in the last two years = 11-21 rebuilding 49ers

you can't compare the two.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    you can't compare the two.
                    Exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      Let's also throw out Dick Jauron in Buffalo.
                      He's been our best coach since the turn of the millenium in my eyes. I don't think he's at all on the hot seat in his 2nd year, and if we're not atrocious with our young team then I surely want him as our coach heading into a bright 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Bellicheck in the last two years = 22-10, 3-2 in the playoffs

Nolan in the last two years = 11-21

So ...... you're basing the hot seat on wins/losses only? In that case, Nolan should be fired immediately. In the real world, Nolan's job is quite secure. Care to make a wager?
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I'd put Joe Gibbs higher but, it looks pretty good. And good job.

Comment

I think Nolan and Lewis both have a year before they are on the hot seat. Nolan has done well with minimal talent so he will probably get at least two chances to fail with a better roster. Lewis is the same for me. He hasn't been great, but he hasn't screwed up enough to warrant anything this year.

Comment

So what happens to Norv Turner if the Chargers somehow don't make the playoffs this year. With a team that loaded with talent isn't Norv already on the hotseat to make some noise in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                                So what happens to Norv Turner if the Chargers somehow don't make the playoffs this year. With a team that loaded with talent isn't Norv already on the hotseat to make some noise in the playoffs.
                                He could be just a stop gap coach but it would depend on the circumstances on why they won't make the playoffs. I mean if they were decimated with injuries then probably not, but if they just underperformed then possibly.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information