Looking back at the 04 draft: QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philliez01
    I like Eli Manning, I think most of his problems are just mental. He can correct them though, I know namesake got him some more recognition but I think some people are a bit too hard on him. He also needs to find consistency but once he does that, he'll be a pretty good QB.

Rivers played well this season and some of his late-season "struggles" can be directed at the Lis Franc sprain he suffered. It didn't hurt to have a record-breaking RB right behind him either. I also think he'll be a fine QB and this season really proved that. Once Jackson emerges. . . . .

Roethlisberger had to throw a little too much in the beginning of the season. He is a decent QB, hardly one of the best but I think that he's just going to be decent. He'll manage the game well, so to speak.

Losman really came a long way this season. He went from possibly being benched in favor of Craig Nall to being one of the promising players in the league. I think this year will really do well for him, if he develops even more. I don't think he's the best QB yet in this draft but we can start looking at him more seriously than we did before.
    Craig nall:

his touchdowns are worth double

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Craig Nall might be apart of a line of Qb's who have had sucess after backing up Favre.

Brunell
      Warner(Though he never made it out of training camp)
      Hassleback
      Brooks
      Nall???

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan
        Rivers cant make the big plays. he is the king of throwing to Tomlinson at 2 yards, then Tomlinson busting it out for a huge run. Rivers would have had a QB rating below 40 in the playoff game if not for Tomlinson making that huge run off a nothing pass.....
        Spoken like someone who didn't watch a Chargers game this year. But hey, I'll give you that if you concede that Eli is the king of the chunk-it-jump-ball-to-plax throw. And did you actually watch the playoff game? yeah, the same one where his receivers had 7 dropped passes and he STILL had a comparable game to Tom "golden boy" Brady. Bring a coherent argument or shut up.

and for the record, my opinion at the moment is ben, philip, eli, jp.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor
        R.I.P. Darrent Williams

Comment

Roethislberger was a glorified game manager when he won the Super Bowl. As soon as he was forced to throw more to bring his team back in games he threw dumb INT's.

Comment

Is this thread saying which QB had the most value at their pick or who is the best QB out of all of them?

Comment

I'll just rank them as quarterbacks, not as picks:

1. Phillip Rivers
              2. Big Ben
              3. JP Losman
              4. Eli Manning

Comment

Rivers cant make the big plays. he is the king of throwing to Tomlinson at 2 yards, then Tomlinson busting it out for a huge run. Rivers would have had a QB rating below 40 in the playoff game if not for Tomlinson making that huge run off a nothing pass.....
                If you would have watched the Chargers this year you woud know he led us back 5 times and in two consecutive games brought us back when we were down by 17 or more. He also had the best 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL all year, something like 116. So what are you talking about? Really?

edit: Also, he had a BUNCH of long pass plays to both Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd. He can make the big play.

Comment

Also, consider that we got Philip Rivers, Shawne Merriman, and Nate Kaeding in that trade people. We CLEARLY made the best pick.

Comment

Originally posted by myinnerself
                    If you would have watched the Chargers this year you woud know he led us back 5 times and in two consecutive games brought us back when we were down by 17 or more. He also had the best 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL all year, something like 116. So what are you talking about? Really?

edit: Also, he had a BUNCH of long pass plays to both Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd. He can make the big play.
                    counting the denver game is misleading and very nearly a compelte misrepresentaiton of the stats. larry coyer had more to do with that win than rivers. jake plummer had more to do with that win than rivers.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9

counting the denver game is misleading and very nearly a compelte misrepresentaiton of the stats. larry coyer had more to do with that win than rivers. jake plummer had more to do with that win than rivers.
                      No, it is NOT misleading. Even if you don't consider that game he led us back 4 times and absolutely drove us down the field over and over against the Bengals in that amazing comeback. He makes big plays, period.

Comment

No, it is NOT misleading. Even if you don't consider that game he led us back 4 times and absolutely drove us down the field over and over against the Bengals in that amazing comeback. He makes big plays, period.
                        it's not misleading because he did other things that aren't really related to that particular statement? cool.

let me know when he's won more playoff games than eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno
                          Philip Rivers has shown he can handle some pressure after Brees left, look at Rothlisberger this year no one has talked about him. Big Ben did win the big one but still.
                          Ben should have sat the year out.

He got in a wreck and he was almost killed.

He then had an appendectomy.

Ben is the best QB. He just wasn't 100% this year.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                            Originally posted by YAYareaRB
                            What if his name was Eli Weathersby?
                            Probably would have gone just as high.
                            No he woulden't have.

Comment

it's not misleading because he did other things that aren't really related to that particular statement? cool.

Haha, considering neither have won a playoff game, let me know when Eli has over a 90 passer rating and over 60% completions. Thanks!

Comment

Haha, considering neither have won a playoff game, let me know when Eli has over a 90 passer rating and over 60% completions. Thanks!
                                December 3rd at Dallas. any other questions you could've easily looked up for yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information