Neko4's 101 Greatest NFL QB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neko4's 101 Greatest NFL QB's

Ive been waiting to do this for awhile, will hopefully update everyday.

101-Doug Flutie Boston College (Chicago Bears 1986-1987; New England Patriots 1987-1989, 2005; Buffalo Bills 1998-2000; San Diego Chargers 2001-2004)

If i was doing CFL's greatest QBs he'd be up there, but unfortunetly he didnt have as great of an NFL career. He did overcome his small stature and was a good QB for a short time (Probably the shortest QB to ever throw for 3,000 yards)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    100-Cecil Isbell Purdue (Green Bay Packers 1938-1942)

Became the first ever player to throw for 2,000 yards, but had the benefit of throwing to the best WR of the era (Hutson). But throwing for 2,000 yards in a time when passing was taboo still counts for something special. Retired after his 2,000 yard season.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    99-Tommy Maddox (Denver Broncos 1992-1993; LA Rams 1994; 1995 NY Giants; Pittsburgh Steelers 2001-2005)

Potentially he couldve been higher, but this list is about what he's done. At one point a bust he came back in 2002 and proved that he had the talent all along.
    98-Mark Rypien (Washington Redskins 1988-1993; Cleveland Browns 1994; St.Louis Rams 1995, 1997; Philadelphia Eagles 1996; Indianapolis Colts 2001)

Was a product of a great supporting cast, but had a phenomanal Super Bowl performence and was a two time pro bowler.
    97-Jon Kitna (Seattle Seahawks 1997-2000; Cincinnati Bengals 2001-2005; Detroit Lions 2006-Present)

In 2003 he helped bring the Bengals back from mediocracy and won the comeback player of the year award. His career looks like its gonna take another positive turn in Detoit with a stellar WR core.
    96-Jake Delhomme (New Orleans Saints 1999-2002; Carolina Panthers 2003-Present)

Led Carolina to their first ever Super Bowl and is a one time Pro Bowler. He still has a promising career ahead of him.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Tommy Maddox!?

Comment

Lets make this a party and throw Rob Johnston on the list too!

Designs by Thule

Comment

This should be fun.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
          This should be fun.
          Until we see Peyton Manning ranked higher than Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
            Until we see Peyton Manning ranked higher than Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas and Dan Marino.
            too bad i dont think that way

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              too bad i dont think that way
              Good. Also, why not just post the entire list now instead of making people wait?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                Good. Also, why not just post the entire list now instead of making people wait?
                i get bored to quick if i do it like that

Comment

Peyton Manning should be higher than Dan Marino IMO.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

95-Lynn Dickey (Houston Oilers 1971-1975; Green Bay Packers 1976-1985)

Threw for over 4,400 yards in 1983 (which ranked 3rd most at the time) but always had the benefit of thowing to James Lofton. Suprisingly Dickey's 4,458 yards is still the most in Packer history.

94-Jeff Blake (New York Jets 1992-1993; Cincinatti Bengals 1994-1999; New Orleans Saints 2000-2001; Baltimore Ravens 2002; Arizona Cardinals 2003; Philadelphia Eagles 2004; Chicago Bears 2005)

This former Pro Bowler turned journeyman was the only good thing happening for the Bengals in the Mid-90's. Has had one of the best deep balls in history which was why he was so good with deep threats Pickens and Scott.

Comment

hmmm i wonder where vinny will be on this list haha
                      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                        hmmm i wonder where vinny will be on this list haha
                        soon!
                        And Namath ranks higher than most people would like, but the guy had the championships and means alot to the history of the game. A player's legend had alot to do w/ some of the picks

Comment

Just let me know now, is Brett Favre's ranking going to make me angry?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Just let me know now, is Brett Favre's ranking going to make me angry?
                            5-10 range? thats where most people have him

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              5-10 range? thats where most people have him
                              Ok that's acceptable. I was afraid he would be top 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information