Neko4's 101 Greatest NFL QB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Ok that's acceptable. I was afraid he would be top 3.
    The mere mention of him being a possible top 3 All-Time QB just made he throw up a little in my mouth.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Peyton Manning should be higher than Dan Marino IMO.
      I think it depends on how you define "Best QB". If it's best total career, then Peyton can't be the best. But if it's best actual player, who you would take in an all-time draft over anyone, then Peyton has an argument.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
        I think it depends on how you define "Best QB". If it's best total career, then Peyton can't be the best. But if it's best actual player, who you would take in an all-time draft over anyone, then Peyton has an argument.
        And we all accept that no matter what the circumstances that Jay Culter is always #1. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
          I wasnt alive, nor a huge football fan during Marino's career, but I cant imagine someone rivaling Peyton Manning. You watch him, and he is just the most gifted player I have ever seen. He will pick you apart, he is incredible. I just cant see someone else rivaling someone who runs the offense and can do what Peyton can

Originally posted by BeansDooma
          who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
            And we all accept that no matter what the circumstances that Jay Culter is always #1. :D
            He's above number 1. A number us mere mortals cannot comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
              I wasnt alive, nor a huge football fan during Marino's career, but I cant imagine someone rivaling Peyton Manning. You watch him, and he is just the most gifted player I have ever seen. He will pick you apart, he is incredible. I just cant see someone else rivaling someone who runs the offense and can do what Peyton can
              How old are you then since Marino retired in 1999?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

In your era yes, but Unitas had everything Manning did, but was a bit more mobile and had better toughness. Marino is almsot exactly like Manning. Elway was probably the most talented QB ever. Favre and Young could make throws on the run. Montana had great leadership and inteligence. Plus we've yet to see Manning when he gets old. Its easy to say he's the best when we've yet to see his last days whereas we've seen everyone else's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Two players who had their best years as Bengals already, sweet.

Blake along with Carl Pickens/Darnay Scott were actually fun to watch at times in the 90's... Gave me a reason to watch some games and was what really made me a fan. I watched Blake/Kordell play in the first game I ever went to and they sure put some air under the ball, especially Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    How old are you then since Marino retired in 1999?
                    Im 16, but I didnt start paying attention to football w/ the interest level that I have had the past few years until around 7th grade (made me 12-13). I had 8 years to watch him play, and I wouldnt have understood at the time what was going on if I did.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

I wasnt alive, nor a huge football fan during Marino's career, but I cant imagine someone rivaling Jay Cutler. You watch him, and he is just the most gifted player I have ever seen. He will pick you apart, he is incredible. I just cant see someone else rivaling someone who runs the offense and can do what Cutler can
                      I 100% agree.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                        Two players who had their best years as Bengals already, sweet.

Blake along with Carl Pickens/Darnay Scott were actually fun to watch at times in the 90's... Gave me a reason to watch some games and was what really made me a fan. I watched Blake/Kordell play in the first game I ever went to and they sure put some air under the ball, especially Blake.
                        2 more bengals to go

Comment

Im 16, but I didnt start paying attention to football w/ the interest level that I have had the past few years until around 7th grade (made me 12-13). I had 8 years to watch him play, and I wouldnt have understood at the time what was going on if I did.
                          Well I understand your younger and have only Peyton to reference, but he's not the greatest QB ever. Without Johnny Unitas who knows where football would be today, especially the QB position. Then you add in Marino and Montana, what they could do in their day to opponents was just wow. Montana was just an artist in the West Coast Offense, and Marino was incredible. You knew Dan was passing and yet they still couldn't stop him, and he never had a legitimate rushing attack to take of the pressure. Peyton is definitely the cream of the crop from this era, but he also has been provided with excellent weapons and an offense tailored around him, much like Jim Kelly with the K-Gun offense.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            2 more bengals to go
                            I'll ruin the surprise, its Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

93-Steve Beurline (LA Rams 1988-1989; Dallas Cowboys 1991-1992; Phoenix Cardinals 1993-1994; Jacksonville Jaguars 1995; Carolina Panthers 1996-2000; Dever Broncos 2001-2004)

Its hard to be a sucessful QB on an expansion team. Its harder to lead them to the playoffs and its harder to throw for 4,000 yards and 36 touchdowns as he did in 1999.

92-Drew Brees (San Diego Chargers 2001-2005; New Orleans 2006-Present)

Was almost a draft bust until 2004 when he would make the Pro Bowl and be named the NFL's comeback player of the year. Currently holds SD's highest career QB rating and future in New Orleans looks bright.

91-Vinny Testaverde (Tampa Bay Bucaneers 1987-1992; Cleveland Browns 1993-1995; Baltimore Ravens 1996-1997; New York Jets 1998-2003, 2005; Dallas Cowboys 2004; New England Patriots 2006-Present)

At 43 years young Vinny is still slinging the ol' pigskin with the Patriots. His long list of achievements is a tribute to his longevity and arguably the best QB in Ravens history. Also had sucess in New York, Cleveland and in a one year stint with Dallas. Ranks high in almost every major statistical category for QB's.

Comment

Wow this list seems pretty good, seeing as how hard is it. There have been alot of qbs in the league, and alot were pretty dmn good... so its nice to see non-present qbs.. adds to the merit

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information