Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neko4's 101 Greatest NFL QB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I'm as big of a football purist as anyone, and I think it's very very possible that Peyton go down as the best ever. Same for LT, although LT has a lot longer to go.


    Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      I'll ruin the surprise, its Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason. :D
      no the correct answear is Akili Smith and Dave Klingler



      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        I'm as big of a football purist as anyone, and I think it's very very possible that Peyton go down as the best ever. Same for LT, although LT has a lot longer to go.
        Can Peyton go down as one of the greats, yes. Is he there now, no. That's obvious but yet still needs to be said. He has an uncanny knack for not getting hurt and add that to his football intelligence on the field and when he does retire he will have a hell of an argument for the title for the best ever. Plus owning pretty much every major record won't hurt either.

        Magical sig by OSUGiants

        SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


        Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

        So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          no the correct answear is Akili Smith and Dave Klingler
          Thats not even funny as much as it is psychotic. Well done.

          Magical sig by OSUGiants

          SSAEL....... its a new revolution!


          Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

          So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

          Comment


          • #35
            Just to fill in some time in between now and when i feel like doing another one
            Best Running QB's(who could pass too):

            1-Randall Cunningham
            2-Mike Vick
            3-Steve Young
            4-John Elway
            5-Fran Tarkenton
            6-Otto Graham
            7-Steve McNair
            8-Donovan McNabb
            9-Kordell Stewart
            10-Steve Grogan

            Best QB's by decade
            50's: Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh
            60's: Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Fran Tarkenton
            70's: Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkenton
            80's: Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts
            90's: John Elway, Brett Favre, Troy Aikman
            00's: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre (Could be replaced by Brees or Palmer soon)



            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              Just to fill in some time in between now and when i feel like doing another one
              Best Running QB's(who could pass too):

              1-Randall Cunningham
              2-Mike Vick
              3-Steve Young
              4-John Elway
              5-Fran Tarkenton
              6-Otto Graham
              7-Steve McNair
              8-Donovan McNabb
              9-Kordell Stewart
              10-Steve Grogan
              This list doesn't make a lot sense. No way Vick should be above most of these guys if passing is seriously factored in. And if the list is mostly based on running ability then Vick should be #1. Cunningham was a much better QB, but I think Vick has the slight edge in running ability.
              Originally posted by njx9
              i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

              Comment


              • #37
                90-Trent Green (San Diego Chargers 1993-1994; Washington Redskins 1995-1998; St.Louis Rams 1999-2000; Kansas City Chiefs 2001-2006; Miami Dolphins 2007-Present)

                What was once a promising NFL career for a long time journeyman was about to be ended or so it seemed in 1999. In 2003 though Trent had a late breakout year with the Kansas City Chiefs throwing for over 4,000 yards (an achievement he would do 2 more times over the next two years) Green suffered another majory injury in 2006 and will play for the Dolphins this year. If he finds sucess again expect him to jump up this list.

                89-Doug Williams (Tampa Bay 1978-1982; Washington 1986-1989)

                His career achievements arent as impressive as the guys before him, but becoming the first African-American to win the Super Bowl, IMO, could help lay to rest any remaining racisim in football. Not only that but his Super Bowl perferomence ranks as one of the greatest for a quarterback.

                88-Jeff Garcia (San Francisco 1999-2003; Cleveland 2004; Detroit 2005; Philadelphia 2006; Tampa Bay 2007-Present)

                Despite what TO says, Garcia is a great QB. The three-time Pro Bowler had great sucess in San Fran including a controversial comeback over the New York Giants. He would spend two horrendous seasons in Detroit and Cleveland, but got his groove back in Philly going 5-1 in 6 starts. Garcia will look to continue his sucess in Tampa Bay this season.



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                  Just to fill in some time in between now and when i feel like doing another one
                  Best Running QB's(who could pass too):

                  1-Randall Cunningham
                  2-Mike Vick
                  3-Steve Young
                  4-John Elway
                  5-Fran Tarkenton
                  6-Otto Graham
                  7-Steve McNair
                  8-Donovan McNabb
                  9-Kordell Stewart
                  10-Steve Grogan

                  Best QB's by decade
                  50's: Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh
                  60's: Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Fran Tarkenton
                  70's: Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Fran Tarkenton
                  80's: Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts
                  90's: John Elway, Brett Favre, Troy Aikman
                  00's: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre (Could be replaced by Brees or Palmer soon)
                  Just to point out, when you list the best QB's of the 90's, Steve Young makes the list before Troy Aikman....and its not even close.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                    Just to point out, when you list the best QB's of the 90's, Steve Young makes the list before Troy Aikman....and its not even close.
                    that makes sense, it was late when i was making that



                    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      87-Ed Brown (Chicago 1954-1961; Pittsburgh 1962-1965; Baltimore Colts 1965)

                      Coming into the list I didnt much about Brown, aside from playing with the Bears, but it didnt take long for me to realize that he wasnt half bad. He was originally drafted by the Bears in '52, but was also drafted by the Marines. In '54 he returned to football where he would beat out George Blanda for the starting job and the lead Da Bears to an 8-4 record. In '56 he lead the league in passing and the Bears to a Championship game against the New York Giants, where they were blown out. Brown never fully recorved from the loss and would get some of his ability back when he went to Pittsburgh. Brown was known at the time as when of the best downfield passers.
                      R.I.P. Ed Brown October 26, 1928-August 2nd 2007

                      86-Babe Parilli (Green Bay 1952-1953, 1957-1958; Cleveland 1956; Oakland 1960; Boston 1961-1967; New York Jets 1968-1969)

                      He was a journeyman who had played for two different leagues (NFL,CFL) before finding sucess in the AFL, where he was a 3-time all-star. At the end of his career he had thrown for over 25,000 yards and 200 touchdowns (Pretty good for a QB in the 60's) In 1964 he would throw for over 3500 yards and 31 touchdowns. Unfortunetly he never won a championship as a starter, but would backup Joe Namath in Super Bowl III.



                      Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                        I'll ruin the surprise, its Ken Anderson and Boomer Esiason. :D
                        Could Anderson break the top 10? I've seen him on other top 10's. Honestly I don't have an opinion on him considering I've never seen him play a game, all I know is the older Bengal fans really like him.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                          Could Anderson break the top 10? I've seen him on other top 10's. Honestly I don't have an opinion on him considering I've never seen him play a game, all I know is the older Bengal fans really like him.
                          In a recent list of the 100 top QB's, which inspired me to make this one, Ken was ranked in the top 10, a spot above Favre

                          Im gonna try and whip out like 20 or so tommrow



                          Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            How exactly is a 15 year old compiling a "101 Greatest NFL QB's" list?

                            Designs by D-Unit

                            ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              perhaps he has good knowledge of NFL history.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                                How exactly is a 15 year old compiling a "101 Greatest NFL QB's" list?

                                Google is the answer for everything
                                Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

                                Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                                Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
                                Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
                                A fan of the USF Bulls

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information