Neko4's 101 Greatest NFL QB's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Addict View Post
    never said it wasn't I just said it's not as 'zOMG he the bestest QB of all time, ever!'-exceptional as some packer fans claim (note: not all)
    Yeah, it's only PACKER fans that think Brett had a great career, not any of those who will vote him on first ballot hall of fame. Come one dude, to deny Favre had a great Career is nuckin futs. Let me guess you're a 14-16 year old who can only recall Favre's latter years?

As for modern era Quarterbacks I would go: Peyton Manning, John Elway then Brett Favre. That's just my take on it.
    I'd tend to agree with that comment...... 6-7 years from now. Manning dosen't belong on that list until he finishes his career the way he has maintained it so far.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Favre always get all this worship, especially by Packer fans, and yet I don't get it? Yes he's approaching vaunted QB records, but he's also approaching the interception record. What about the fact that he's been holding the Packers' franchise hostage all these years by hanging around with his overinflated salary and then constantly complaining about how they won't surround HIM with the necessary talent to win? He wants the team to sacrifice their future just so HE can win. He has no real concern about the Packers', he's just a self-absorbed, pompous ass who has been steadily declining and hanging around past his prime to collect records and one last stab at glory.
      I'll start with this..... Favre may throw many INT's but he also leads the NFL in all-time pass attempts if i recall correctly... that might help to contribute to it, maybe . Now I'm not going to deny the man makes some questionable throws, but it's just part of his game. AS weak of excuse as that may seem, it's the truth. Sometimes his gambles pay off, other they don't. Not to mention I once read his interception per pass attempt is actually within a few points of QBs like Marino and Elway. Not too shabby.

Holding the franchise hostage? How's that? Helping young players learn? Giving them the best chance to win? You think the fact that Aaron Rodgers came into Packers looking like an undrafted free agent to many scouts and now with a few years of learning he's beginning to show signs of a respectable QB has nothing to do with developing behind a hall of famer. I always find it interested how outsiders are the first to blame Favre for the franchises struggles the past couple of years when people who actually follow the team know this isn't the case.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        Yeah, it's only PACKER fans that think Brett had a great career, not any of those who will vote him on first ballot hall of fame. Come one dude, to deny Favre had a great Career is nuckin futs. Let me guess you're a 14-16 year old who can only recall Favre's latter years?
        do you even READ what I just said?

seriously, I said that it's the packer fans who make it look like he was the best guy to ever wear pads and they throw things around like TD passes (missing the fact he's also close to the INT pass record, but nvm).

Never said he wasn't great. Never said he didn't have a great career. Never said he should be anything but a first ballot HOF'er.

Just... please try to read what I say before you make me waste my time explaining what I mean.

oh and no, I am not 14/15, but you're right I never SAW Favre in his glory days, but I'm not retarted and I actually do read things. So yes, I perfectly understand that he was a fantastic QB.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

do you even READ what I just said?

seriously, I said that it's the packer fans who make it look like he was the best guy to ever wear pads and they throw things around like TD passes (missing the fact he's also close to the INT pass record, but nvm).

Never said he wasn't great. Never said he didn't have a great career. Never said he should be anything but a first ballot HOF'er.

Just... please try to read what I say before you make me waste my time explaining what I mean.

oh and no, I am not 14/15, but you're right I never SAW Favre in his glory days, but I'm not retarted and I actually do read things. So yes, I perfectly understand that he was a fantastic QB.
          Yeah, I read it, and you wrote it in a very unclear manner. And do you read what I wrote? Was I not the one who brought up Favre's interceptions?

Go figure... A Favre hater who never saw the real Favre play.

they get smoked.

Comment

Yeah, I read it, and you wrote it in a very unclear manner. And do you read what I wrote? Was I not the one who brought up Favre's interceptions?

Go figure... A Favre hater who never saw the real Favre play.
            I'm not a Favre hater.

oh and I'm European, so watching Football is kinda hard out here. But I appreciate your lack of interest to find out why I didn't watch Favre play.

oh the unclear writing is a result of me having slept about 7 to 8 hours this weekend. Lowlands festival.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I'll start with this..... Favre may throw many INT's but he also leads the NFL in all-time pass attempts if i recall correctly... that might help to contribute to it, maybe . Now I'm not going to deny the man makes some questionable throws, but it's just part of his game. AS weak of excuse as that may seem, it's the truth. Sometimes his gambles pay off, other they don't. Not to mention I once read his interception per pass attempt is actually within a few points of QBs like Marino and Elway. Not too shabby.

Holding the franchise hostage? How's that? Helping young players learn? Giving them the best chance to win? You think the fact that Aaron Rodgers came into Packers looking like an undrafted free agent to many scouts and now with a few years of learning he's beginning to show signs of a respectable QB has nothing to do with developing behind a hall of famer. I always find it interested how outsiders are the first to blame Favre for the franchises struggles the past couple of years when people who actually follow the team know this isn't the case.
              Your observations about Favre's interceptions make sense and I'm not going to argue them I just brought it up because it is a record he's on the verge of and no Favre supporter ever really brings that one up it seems.

As for Favre being the sole cause of blame for the Packers, well thats ridiculous to say and I didn't mean to imply that he was the sole reason. The Packers' management is a huge part of the problem but Favre also has to shoulder some of that blame as well. His contract has salary cap implications that have restricted what the team can do in free agency and his refusal to mentor Rodgers publicly in the media is revolting.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• During the 90's there was no better QB than Favre. Aikman and Young werent as good as Favre was in the 90's. Elway and Marino's careers were coming to closes so they weren't as good either. Manning was young at the time so he isnt worth discussing.
                I'll do this again:

50's
                1-Unitas
                2-Graham
                3-Baugh

60's
                1-Tarkenton
                2-Starr
                3-Unitas
                4-Jurgenson
                5-Tittle

70's
                1-Staubach
                2-Bradshaw
                3-Tarkenton
                4-Dawson
                5-Fouts

80's
                1-Montana
                2-Marino
                3-Elway
                4-Fouts
                5-Moon

90's
                1-Favre
                2-Elway
                3-Young
                4-Aikman
                5-Marino

00's
                1-Manning
                2-Brady
                3-McNabb
                4-Favre
                5-Brees?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                  Your observations about Favre's interceptions make sense and I'm not going to argue them I just brought it up because it is a record he's on the verge of and no Favre supporter ever really brings that one up it seems.

As for Favre being the sole cause of blame for the Packers, well thats ridiculous to say and I didn't mean to imply that he was the sole reason. The Packers' management is a huge part of the problem but Favre also has to shoulder some of that blame as well. His contract has salary cap implications that have restricted what the team can do in free agency and his refusal to mentor Rodgers publicly in the media is revolting.
                  The Packers are in Great cap shape, and Favre contract makes no signifigant difference on Fa signings. Packers Management WAS the problem, with Ted Thompson now in office that is no longer a problem.

Favre may not be going Obi-Wan Kenobi on Rodgers, but no doubt the kid is learning behind him.

they get smoked.

Comment

The Packers are in Great cap shape, and Favre contract makes no signifigant difference on Fa signings. Packers Management WAS the problem, with Ted Thompson now in office that is no longer a problem.

Favre may not be going Obi-Wan Kenobi on Rodgers, but no doubt the kid is learning behind him.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2758756

This is old, but it gives us an idea of GB's cap space

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2758756

This is old, but it gives us an idea of GB's cap space
                      Now it's closer to 14 or 15 mil I believe.

they get smoked.

Comment

I'm not a Favre hater.

oh and I'm European, so watching Football is kinda hard out here. But I appreciate your lack of interest to find out why I didn't watch Favre play.

oh the unclear writing is a result of me having slept about 7 to 8 hours this weekend. Lowlands festival.
                        What, do you want me to ask for your life story before I debate a little with ya? ;)

Anyways, where you from?

they get smoked.

Comment

What, do you want me to ask for your life story before I debate a little with ya? ;)

Anyways, where you from?
                          lol. I was just saying, we don't get football, hence never saw the guy play on anything but NFL game highlights.

I'm from the Netherlands.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• Why all the hate for Brett? Most of you guys haven't seen every game he has played from 06. In 06 he had the worst O-line blocking for him and full of injuries then in 07 as the team got better he got better.

Now I do not support the fact that Favre is still playing but what can I do. I still think he wants the money (thats why he still doing ads) and the records so don't tell me he playing for the love of the game because he was he wouldn't take so long to decide if he wants to play or not every year.

I just hate the fact that we are still keeping our first round pick in the sidelines when he should be out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              Why all the hate for Brett? Most of you guys haven't seen every game he has played from 06. In 06 he had the worst O-line blocking for him and full of injuries then in 07 as the team got better he got better.

Now I do not support the fact that Favre is still playing but what can I do. I still think he wants the money (thats why he still doing ads) and the records so don't tell me he playing for the love of the game because he was he wouldn't take so long to decide if he wants to play or not every year.

I just hate the fact that we are still keeping our first round pick in the sidelines when he should be out there.
                              That's what I tried to say earlier (didn't do a good job though). I doubt he does it on purpose, but he's hindering the Packers devellopment.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

• Bottomline, Stoney Case > Brett Favre! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information