Who is the best 3-4 ilb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best 3-4 ilb?

When i think of other schemes the top linebackers come to mind but i cant even begin to determine the top 2 or 3 ILB. The other systems are so obvious but this position escapes my grasp. Looking for some input.
    cover 2-brooks briggs urlacher
    3-4 olb- merriman, ware, suggs, porter

Maybe farrior or vilma for Ilb. Im a pats fan and i have high expectations for thomas but he needs to produce before someone can proclaim him the best.

not vilma... he's a cover 2 4-3 linebacker forced to play in a 3-4... he's still solid there though... his stats went down but if you watch he still is a game changer
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Leon Williams...well, give him a couple years.

Ray Lewis has to be it, even though the Ravens don't always play the 34.

Andra Davis makes a lot of tackles, but that is because no one else will and normally they are away from the los and he isn't much of an impact player. Good leader though.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

It was formally James Farrior, but I believe Pittsburgh is changing their front, no? If Brandon Moore of San Fran is an ILB, then it's him, but he plays all over. Other then that is has to be Ray Lewis, but it's rather easy to fly around the field with Haloti Ngata and Kelly Gregg in front of you.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
          It was formally James Farrior, but I believe Pittsburgh is changing their front, no? If Brandon Moore of San Fran is an ILB, then it's him, but he plays all over. Other then that is has to be Ray Lewis, but it's rather easy to fly around the field with Haloti Ngata and Kelly Gregg in front of you.
          No (10 Characters)
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
            No (10 Characters)
            Well then my vote goes to James Farrior, atleast as far as consistency (sp?) has gone the past couple years.

Designs by Thule

Comment

Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher would be the best 3-4 ILBs if in fact their teams actually ran a 3-4. Vrabel and Bruschi are good, particularly Vrabel, but he has been an ROLB most of his career in N.England. In a year or two it's gonna be Patrick Willis hands down.

Comment

leon williams will be solid... whats the deal with d'quill jackson?
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I completely agree p. willy is gonna tear it up. I also think david harris is going to be a nasty thumper who has just enough athlectism to get to the edge on outside runs and hurt people. And Deossie would of been a sick ilb but the giants had to take him.

Comment

Adalius Thomas.

Comment

Whoever's standing behind Jamal Williams.

Comment

what are some traits of a 3-4 ILB anyway, i dont pay to much attention to teh scheme

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          what are some traits of a 3-4 ILB anyway, i dont pay to much attention to teh scheme
                          You have to be larger and stronger than a 4-3 MLB. Essentially.

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                            leon williams will be solid... whats the deal with d'quill jackson?
                            he's good but leon's better and more of a playmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                              he's good but leon's better and more of a playmaker.
                              You actually think Leon is better than D'Quell?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information