X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antwan Barnes

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6U6bMPpIIc

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I love huge hits and really enjoy watching them. On the otherhand, it was against a freaking punter completely away from the play and pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
      I'm not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I love huge hits and really enjoy watching them. On the otherhand, it was against a freaking punter completely away from the play and pointless.
      Like Warren Sapp's hit on Chad Clifton a few years ago. Completely unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
        Like Warren Sapp's hit on Chad Clifton a few years ago. Completely unnecessary.

BINGO. That was at least against an actual player too, this was a punter. It's like sucker punching a 10 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
          BINGO. That was at least against an actual player too, this was a punter. It's like sucker punching a 10 year old.
          Or body checking a grandma.

It is unnecessary, and helmet to helmet. It isn't hard to lay someone out if they aren't expecting it, especially a punter, in preseason.

I don't see why this should get any good publicity. It isn't impressive, but it is excessive.

Comment

It has in the Ravens forum,

Barnes is a future pro bowler for us, him and Prescott looked beastly so far.

About the hit, yes it was un-needed, and yes it was a cheap shot, but to make 6 figures like some punters do I would easily do that and risk once in a blue moon my head gets ripped off.

Comment

It was a cheap shot no doubt, especially in a preseason game. I mean, what honor is there in laying out the freaking punter?

Regardless, Barnes should be a star in Baltimore.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                It was a cheap shot no doubt, especially in a preseason game. I mean, what honor is there in laying out the freaking punter?

Regardless, Barnes should be a star in Baltimore.
                True there isn't but I love to see that type of attitude that he is willing to tear somebodys head off for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  True there isn't but I love to see that type of attitude that he is willing to tear somebodys head off for no reason.
                  I've gotta say if I was a Ravens fan I would like to see it myself. I just really feel like he's the next defensive star in Baltimore (granted I didn't see him play last week less the hit), he's young... He's bound to make mistakes and that was one of them.

Comment

All I have to say is..... BOOM!!!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

trust any Ravens fan, Ozzie picked 2 good ones in Barnes and Prescott this past draft. Prescott is in the mold of Bart Scott as in good athletic ability and is well rounded, he can blitz and play MLB, and Barnes is in the mold of Suggs and he will probably come in on pass rushing downs but develop into a full time starter.

Comment

Which is the heir to the throne of Ray-Ray? (I don't know which is ILB/OLB).

I can believe they'll develop, you all have no trouble with those defenders. Barnes just looks like he's a Raven... as dumb as that may sound.

Comment

Unless your a sure starter you have to go all out to prove to your coachs what you can do. Its was also the right decision, the punter was the only guy he could hit from where he was and he didn't know that the returner was getting stuffed.
                          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Finally FIU gets a star!
                            Wasnt he a main part of the Miami-FIU brawl?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                              Which is the heir to the throne of Ray-Ray? (I don't know which is ILB/OLB).

I can believe they'll develop, you all have no trouble with those defenders. Barnes just looks like he's a Raven... as dumb as that may sound.

Prescott IMO, and I see Barnes knocking on the door for JJ next season and possibly starting.

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              Finally FIU gets a star!
                              Wasnt he a main part of the Miami-FIU brawl?
                              from his scouting reports I didnt see anything about that.
                              Last edited by Ravens1991; 08-16-2007, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information