• Show
Clear All

• Bearsfan123
    started a topic ALL NFC-North Team

ALL NFC-North Team

QB: Jon Kitna, Brett Favre, Rex Grossman
    RB:Chester Taylor, Cedric Benson, Kevin Jones
    FB: Tony Richardson
    WR: Roy Williams, Donald Driver, Bernard Berrian, Greg Jennings, Calvin Johnson
    TE:Desmond Clark, Greg Olsen- I dont know about any of the other TEs.
    LT:Bryant McKinnie
    LG: Steve Hutchinson
    C:Olin Kreutz
    RG:Jason Spitz
    RT:Fred Miller

DE:Aaron Kampman, Mark Anderson
    DT:Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Cory Redding
    DT:Tommie Harris, Shaun Rogers
    DE:Adewale Ogunleye,

WLB: Lance Briggs, AJ Hawk, Ernie Sims
    MLB: Brian Urlacher, Nick Barnett
    SLB: Leber, Hillenmeyer

CB: Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Charles Tillman
    CB:Antoine Winfield, Nathan Vasher
    NCB: Ricky Manning Jr.

SS: Daryn Sharper, Daniel Bullocks
    FS: Mike Brown, Nick Collins

yeah i think I did OK not great but at some of the positions i just dont know where the guys play on other teams. (and stupid NFL.com has blank depth charts...)
    Last edited by Bearsfan123; 08-18-2007, 03:24 PM.

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
    If you remove the words best and great and substitute average and mediocre.
    It's a good thing Vikings preseason games are just broadcasted regionally. I'm sure you haven't seen a single one.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy_Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by mqtirishfan
    Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ray Edwards is an Animal, You shall see... Just Wait

Leave a comment:

• mqtirishfan
    replied
    Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
    You know, the same could be said for Ray Edwards.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy_Chris
    replied
    Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
    Unrealistic? How so? I mean, not only is he one of the best pass rushers in the league, but he is also great against the run. If that's not deemed worthy of being in Peppers' class, I don't think Peppers deserves to be there.
    I just Think no other DE has the Impact on the game like Peppers does. Julius Peppers Can take over the game by himself from Hell just look back to last year when the panthers played the vikings peppers almost beat the vikings By himself Peppers is in a class of his own IMO. Thats why i think unrealistic but Kampman is right up there.

EDIT:Forgot Jason Taylor i'd put him right up there with Peppers.
    Last edited by Crazy_Chris; 08-28-2007, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BuckNaked
    replied
    Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
    Unrealistic? How so? I mean, not only is he one of the best pass rushers in the league, but he is also great against the run. If that's not deemed worthy of being in Peppers' class, I don't think Peppers deserves to be there.
    You know, the same could be said for Ray Edwards.

Leave a comment:

• DHVF
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
    Whoa now... Kampman is pretty good but to even mention him in the same breath as Julius Peppers is pretty unrealistic.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy_Chris
    replied
    Whoa now... Kampman is pretty good but to even mention him in the same breath as Julius Peppers is pretty unrealistic.

Leave a comment:

• neko4
    replied
    The thing is, Ogunleye and Kampman are the class of the NFC North, and KGB, Mark Anderson, Cullen Jenkins and Alex Brown are the second tier at this point. That's not exactly deep. The Vikes and Lions offer absolutely nothing. I'd be shocked if a casual fan could name both starters on the Detroit Lions. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if a hardcore fan didn't know both of them.
    Yes but kampman is about to enter a tier w/ Peppers and Little (if he follows up nicely on this season) His talent among the best in the league. Plus Cullen and Anderson fall under the rising star category. Both had very strong seasons last year

Leave a comment:

• mqtirishfan
    replied
    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    worst DE's?

really? nahhh. for a 4-3 defense. Green Bay and Chicago especially, are loaded.

sure, there's little named talent (with the exception of maybe ogunleye and kgb, kampmann is getting there...) and there's no freenys or peppers or strahans... but, i would be scared as hell of mark anderson...
    The thing is, Ogunleye and Kampman are the class of the NFC North, and KGB, Mark Anderson, Cullen Jenkins and Alex Brown are the second tier at this point. That's not exactly deep. The Vikes and Lions offer absolutely nothing. I'd be shocked if a casual fan could name both starters on the Detroit Lions. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if a hardcore fan didn't know both of them.

Leave a comment:

• neko4
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    I hate to say it, but right now Mark Anderson looks like a 1000x better pass rusher than KGB. And I'd still take Alex Brown over Cullen.
    I agree with both, but Kampman is clearly the best of all of them. KGB has been injured in preseason and i think this is his last decent year. But we might have to see about Cullen/Alex, but right now i'd take Alex

Leave a comment:

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    Originally posted by neko4 View Post
    Kampman is getting there? yeah if leading all DE's in sacks is getting there than okay.
    GB's situation is similar to CHI's at DE.
    GB has two solid starting DE's (Kampman/Jenkins) and so does CHI (Ogunleye/Brown) and both have a situational pass rusher (KGB/Anderson)
    I hate to say it, but right now Mark Anderson looks like a 1000x better pass rusher than KGB. And I'd still take Alex Brown over Cullen.

Leave a comment:

• neko4
    replied
    Kampman is getting there? yeah if leading all DE's in sacks is getting there than okay.
    GB's situation is similar to CHI's at DE.
    GB has two solid starting DE's (Kampman/Jenkins) and so does CHI (Ogunleye/Brown) and both have a situational pass rusher (KGB/Anderson)

Leave a comment:

• awfullyquiet
    replied
    Throwing out SLB/WLB differences, I agree with this list completely.

As far as the NFC North goes, we probably have the worst group of offensive skill players, worst safeties, worst DEs, worst guards and worst TEs (if you don't count TEs as skill players).
    worst DE's?

really? nahhh. for a 4-3 defense. Green Bay and Chicago especially, are loaded.

sure, there's little named talent (with the exception of maybe ogunleye and kgb, kampmann is getting there...) and there's no freenys or peppers or strahans... but, i would be scared as hell of mark anderson...

Leave a comment:

• mqtirishfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    My All-NFC North Team

QB: Brett Favre
    RB: Cedric Benson
    RB: Chester Taylor
    WR: Roy Williams
    WR: Donald Driver
    TE: Desmond Clark
    OL: Bryant McKinnie
    OL: Steve Hutchinson
    OL: Olin Kreutz
    OL: Roberto Garza
    OL: Mark Tauscher
    K: Robbie Gould

DE: Adewale Ogunlewe
    DT: Kevin Williams
    DT: Tommie Harris
    DE: Aaron Kampman
    OLB: Lance Briggs
    MLB: Brian Urlacher
    OLB: A.J. Hawk
    CB: Al Harris
    CB: Nathan Vasher
    FS: Mike Brown?
    SS: Darren Sharper
    P: Nic Harris

Returner: Hester McFester

I don't put rookies on All-whatever teams before they've played a down in a real game.

Throwing out SLB/WLB differences, I agree with this list completely.

As far as the NFC North goes, we probably have the worst group of offensive skill players, worst safeties, worst DEs, worst guards and worst TEs (if you don't count TEs as skill players).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information