Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerard Warren traded to Raiders

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=2982669

He was traded from Denver to Oakland for an undisclosed draft pick.

thanks Bengals1690

Hahaha poor Raiders. Hey Butch, that Gerard Warren over Ladanian Tomlinson and Richard Seymour pick is looking great now, huh?

Comment

I actually like this move for the Raiders. Adds more pieces to an already solid defense

Comment

Backup to Warren Sapp...assuming he doesn't get cut.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
          Hahaha poor Raiders. Hey Butch, that Gerard Warren over Ladanian Tomlinson and Richard Seymour pick is looking great now, huh?

That was a terrible pick but he has been solid over the last couple of years.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

Originally posted by 23trufant View Post
            That was a terrible pick but he has been solid over the last couple of years.
            Injuries ruined his career. Hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

He was our best DL last year, I think.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Raiders are gonna get screwed on this trade. Why would the Broncos trade them anything significant? I'd be willing to bet that Warren is hurt. Broncos try and pull this shady crap all the time.
                Last edited by Jughead10; 08-20-2007, 01:10 PM.

Comment

nice pick up for the Raiders, adds some depth at one of the weaker positions on D. Warren will likely give Sapp some more breathers as they have similar style. Another reason for this move is the Raiders not liking their DE play against the run and have moved Kelly over to plug on running downs, something they were expecting from Huntley but haven't gotten. Moses and Sapp will def. be in on passing down because of their ability to get to the backfield, Warren may actually play on run plays quite a bit.

Comment

Good. I didn't want him to be a Saint.
                    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Raiders are gonna get screwed on this trade. Why would the Broncos trade them anything significant? I'd be willing to bet that Warren is hurt. Broncos try and pull this shady crap all the time.
                      No, the reason is he doesnt fit in with the new defensive scheme. Denver wants some big men to hold the point of attack, instead of a guy who gets up field.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                        No, the reason is he doesnt fit in with the new defensive scheme. Denver wants some big men to hold the point of attack, instead of a guy who gets up field.
                        Either way they would never trade anyone who has value to a team within the division.

Comment

Either way they would never trade anyone who has value to a team within the division.
                          There not competiting against eachother for the division crown or even a playoff birth. It doesn't give the Raiders a decent chancec of avoiding the sweep. Whenever one team is rebuilding its irrelvant if the other team is in the division or not.
                          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

why wouldn't they, the only other team looking into Warren via trade was Indy, so look at it from denver's perspective. They have a guy who no longer fits the style they are looking for, which they want some monster pluggers, and your options are A. trade to another playoff contender and have him potentially strenghten a major weakness or B. trade him to a divisional rival who is going to struggle to win more than 4 or 5 games this season. Smart front office takes B, you get the draft pick instead of cutting him and don't have to worry about it biting you hard in the ass, unless Oak. beats Denver and that puts them a loss away from a playoff spot, not likely.

Comment

better than releasing him, which they were strongly considering

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information