No announcement yet.

David Carr's Future Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might sound crazy but I'd stick with Carr, the guy has never played with a C avg. O-line and has had only had Domanick Davis at RB. Plummer couldnt get it done last year, he wont get it done with a worse team next year. (w/o 2 wr's, possibly w/o a rb and probably w/o an o-line)

Comment

i think the texans may want more

Comment

he will be back in Houston

Comment

He's going to the Chiefs.
          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

From what I've heard to this point I believe Minnesota will bring him in and possibly revive his career there. He has a lot of potential, and he did show flashes in 2004 and 2005, so a change of scenery might be just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

Re: David Carr's Future Team

Originally posted by CARDIAC CAT 7
              Originally posted by NFLBOY
              Perfect fit is the Oakland Raiders, here is why:
              Suggested Trade: David Carr for 3rd Round Pick
              Oakland:
              1. Oakland gets a Quarterback that still has potential without using a 1st Round pick (which Al Davis hates to draft in the 1st Round).
              2. Allows Oakland to draft the Best Talent in the draft Calvin Johnson.
              3. Trading Pick is no worry because OAK will be stocked with picks after they trade Moss and Porter.
              4. David Carr goes back home where he is loved and had a success with Fresno State so California will buy tickets to see him.

Houston:
              1. Trade opens possibilty for Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell to drop to their pick.
              2. Frees Cap Space allowing them to sign a veteran QB or trade for one, Jake Plummer???

thoughts...
              Makes no sense. Why would you get carr, but get rid of Moss and Porter. You need to think about that one a little bit. It would do the Raiders no good.
              Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.
              Are you kidding me? Calvin Johnson hasn't proven squat yet, and no way does Oakland have a better running game. You need to learn about the teams before you say anything like this. Seriously, what does being anything also have to do with being in your home state if you want to get rid of your top 2 wideouts and going to a franchise that is plain horrible. Your moral can be boosted all it wants, but if your on the worst team in the league besides detroit it isn't going to matter. I agree with you that he is a decent qb, but that isn't going to help on a team like the Raiders.

Comment

Oakland:
                1. Oakland gets a Quarterback that still has potential without using a 1st Round pick (which Al Davis hates to draft in the 1st Round).
                3. Trading Pick is no worry because OAK will be stocked with picks after they trade Moss and Porter.
                4. David Carr goes back home where he is loved and had a success with Fresno State so California will buy tickets to see him.

Houston:
                1. Trade opens possibilty for Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell to drop to their pick.
                2. Frees Cap Space allowing them to sign a veteran QB or trade for one, Jake Plummer???

thoughts...
                Makes no sense. Why would you get carr, but get rid of Moss and Porter. You need to think about that one a little bit. It would do the Raiders no good.
                Why would you keep Moss and Porter when you have Calvin Johnson??? That question is even more mind bending. David Carr is not a bad QB he just needs a fresh start and being in his home state I think would boost his moral and if anyone is going to get the max out of Carr its a team that likes to throw the deep ball. OAK has a better running game than HOU too which will open more passing lanes for Calvin a reciever that give 110% every down. I think Lane Kiffin plays a big part in this too because he has shown he can make QBs great Leinart / Palmer, Carr has similar skill set and I think he could work with him.
                Are you kidding me? Calvin Johnson hasn't proven squat yet, and no way does Oakland have a better running game. You need to learn about the teams before you say anything like this. Seriously, what does being anything also have to do with being in your home state if you want to get rid of your top 2 wideouts and going to a franchise that is plain horrible. Your moral can be boosted all it wants, but if your on the worst team in the league besides detroit it isn't going to matter. I agree with you that he is a decent qb, but that isn't going to help on a team like the Raiders.
                Your probably the only person on the face of the earth that thinks Ron Dayne is better than LaMont Jordan, u must be on crack. As long as a O-Line stays together and stays healthy it can be good ( For Example: Arizona kept changing their O-Line around and Edge averaged under 3.0 YPC , then Denny Green kept the O-Line together for the last 8 weeks of the season, Edge average over 3.5 after that. I bet u if u where to run a poll on who would u rather have Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson , Johnson would win by a landslide. AT WORST Calvin Johnson is Larry Fizgerald at best he is the most dominating WR to ever play. If Randy Moss is so good how come they cant even get a measly 3rd Round pick for him. Anyways, instead of being a Skip Bayless tell us what u would do with Carr?

Comment

Oakland:

Houston:

thoughts...
                  Your probably the only person on the face of the earth that thinks Ron Dayne is better than LaMont Jordan, u must be on crack. As long as a O-Line stays together and stays healthy it can be good ( For Example: Arizona kept changing their O-Line around and Edge averaged under 3.0 YPC , then Denny Green kept the O-Line together for the last 8 weeks of the season, Edge average over 3.5 after that. I bet u if u where to run a poll on who would u rather have Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson , Johnson would win by a landslide. AT WORST Calvin Johnson is Larry Fizgerald at best he is the most dominating WR to ever play. If Randy Moss is so good how come they cant even get a measly 3rd Round pick for him. Anyways, instead of being a Skip Bayless tell us what u would do with Carr?
                  Lamont Jordan is better, but he just tore that ligament, and getting hammered right away by 300+ pound D Linemen when he comes back because his offensive line can't block them probably won't help out. Never say that an NFL prospect is at worst going to be as good as one of the best players in the game, because oftentimes that is not the case, and you end up looking like a moron. Sure he is freakishly athletic, but Andre Johnson is just as athletic, if not moreso.

Comment

in oakland with the o-line there, he would rebreak the most times scaked record

Comment

what happens if he just sucks?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89

I think it's safe to say that in these MB's most people think on draft day whoever chooses CJ will almost immediately have to start working on his bust for canton.

Comment

word...

at worst larry fitzgerald? you gotta be kidding me.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean

word...

at worst larry fitzgerald? you gotta be kidding me.
                            yeah i know, i think the guy will be pretty good but a worst fitz. what about worse than fitz, he is really good and top in the league right.

at best he could be the most dominate wr ever. isnt that the best any wr could do anyways?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                              Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                              Originally posted by RaiderNation
                              i will take any qb, just if we get CJ from it
                              If he can't do anything with Andre Johnson, he's not going to do anything next year with CJ.
                              Andre Johnson had over 100 catches this year. What's he got to do with Carr's failure exactly?
                              Because Carr can't throw a football past 10 yards and expect a completion. Andre is an all around threat as a receiver and David Carr neutralized half his game. All Andre did this year was run 5-10 yard routes so as to get the ball. Last night they showed one of these routes on NFL Network and what did carr do? Nothing, he watched Andre run WIDE open across in front of him and did not throw the football. Instead he curled up like the sissy he is and took another sack. The o-line can only protect you so long. Whne you SUCK, you rack up sacks like no other. The blame for this guy's miserable play has always been deflected.

ZERO winning season out of 5.
                              Can't read a defense as shown above (hot read Andre Wide open).
                              Takes off with the football when no pressure because his #1 is covered.
                              Loves to run out of bounds for a loss = ANOTHER SACK that gets blamed on the o-line.

He had a running game this year, 2 Pro Bowl WR's.....amazingly now Moulds is called washed up....good job carr. I knew Moulds made a mistake going there. O-line blokced very well this year. The running game produced some late victories.....carr was neutralized bt the coaching staff. A great move, now he needs neutralized permanently.

Whoever gets this 100% COMPLETE LOSER, will wonder what happened 4 games into the year when they are staring at 0-4.

Comment

i know the texans are loking for a draft pick but i could see him go to the broncos for Plummer .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information