WLB: Donnie Edwards, Shaun Phillips, Ian Gold
    LCB: Bailey, Asomugha, Law
    SS: Huff, Pollard, Weddle
    FS: Lynch, Page, McCree
    RCB: Bly, Surtain, Florence
    K: Kaeding, Elam, Janikowski
    P: Colquitt, Lechler, Scifres

Weddle already? He's not even going to start and he's a rookie. wow
    Last edited by sdpads24; 08-21-2007, 12:46 AM.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
    RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Comment

Culpepper>Croyle.

Shaun Phillips wouldn't sit behind Donnie Edwards either, he is beastly. and Jammer is getting dissed, I would rate him above Florence easily, and probably at least even with Surtain or Law at this point in their careers.

and Jarrad Page over Marlon McCree? there's homerism and then there's blind homerism.
      Last edited by CC.SD; 08-21-2007, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I would rather have Derrick Johnson in a 4-3 then Shawn Merriman. Johnson has proven that he can stuff the run as well as he can cover. Merriman is just an all out blitzer in a 3-4 scheme.

Comment

colquitt over lechler? no way. Also the Starting Corners would be Asomugha and Bailey not Bailey and Bly, I know you were going for position but if you were making a team, I'd go with that. I'd also say Fabian Washington is better than Drayton Florence.

Comment

Originally posted by 255979119 View Post
            I would rather have Derrick Johnson in a 4-3 then Shawn Merriman. Johnson has proven that he can stuff the run as well as he can cover. Merriman is just an all out blitzer in a 3-4 scheme.
            I disagree with your Merriman assessment, but in a 4-3 he probably would play defensive end. Either way, an all AFC West team without Merriman would be stupid.

Comment

Starting Offense-

QB - Philip Rivers

RB - LaDainian Tomlinson
              FB - Lorenzo Neal

WR - Javon Walker
              WR - Ronald Curry

TE - Tony Gonzalez

LT - Marcus McNeill
              LG - Brian Waters
              C - Tom Nalen
              RG - Mike Goff
              RT - Shane Olivea

Starting Defense- I'll just go with the 4-3

DE - Derrick Burgess
              DT - Jamal Williams
              DT - Warren Sapp
              DE - Jared Allen

OLB - Derrick Johnson
              MLB - Kirk Morrison
              OLB - Shawne Merriman

CB - Champ Bailey
              CB - Nnamdi Asomugha

FS - John Lynch
              SS - Donovin Darius

K- Jason Elam
              P- Shane Lechler

Head Coach - Mike Shanahan
              Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                Culpepper>Croyle.

Shaun Phillips wouldn't sit behind Donnie Edwards either, he is beastly. and Jammer is getting dissed, I would rate him above Florence easily, and probably at least even with Surtain or Law at this point in their careers.

and Jarrad Page over Marlon McCree? there's homerism and then there's blind homerism.
                From the play of Culpepper in 2006, I would not say Culpepper>Croyle. Brodie Croyle has made some stupid interceptions this preseason but he has also made some throws that not many quarterbacks can make.

Shaun Phillips is a fine fit as a 3-4 linebacker and he may get more recognition like all 3-4 linebackers do but Donnie Edwards has been one of the most consistent players in the league and he is a perfect fit on the weakside in the Chiefs cover 2.

I'm not sure I would rank Jammer very high. According to footballoutsiders.com's DVOA rankings of defense against types of receivers, San Diego was ranked 25th in the league in covering #1 WR's. That obviously would be the man Quentin Jammer was usually covering. Denver was ranked #1, Oakland was #2, and KC was #4.

Yes, Jarrad Page over Marlon McCree. Marlon McCree has been a journeyman for most of his career. KC Joyner from ESPN recently had an overrated and underrated list of safeties and Jarrad Page was listed as one of the league's underrated safeties. He had some of the best coverage statistics of all coverage safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                  colquitt over lechler? no way. Also the Starting Corners would be Asomugha and Bailey not Bailey and Bly, I know you were going for position but if you were making a team, I'd go with that. I'd also say Fabian Washington is better than Drayton Florence.
                  It's just a matter of opinion between Colquitt and Lechler, no big deal. Colquitt did have the highest net average in the NFL last year with a 39.3 net average and he is also alot younger than Lechler.

I agree the starting corners would be Asomugha and Bailey but as you said, I went by left cornerback and right cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    it's also difficult for me to believe that mcneill is better than lepsis RIGHT NOW.
                    Lepsis is coming off an injury and the entire Bronco offensive line looked like crap against Dallas.

McNeill is coming off a pro bowl season.

However, I do think McNeill is a tad bit overrated and is not yet the elite left tackle that some think he is. I know Jared Allen gave McNeill alot of trouble last year. I also watched the SD vs. St. Louis preseason game and I saw either James Hall or Leonard Little (can't remember which one it was) beat McNeill easily.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                      From the play of Culpepper in 2006, I would not say Culpepper>Croyle. Brodie Croyle has made some stupid interceptions this preseason but he has also made some throws that not many quarterbacks can make.

Shaun Phillips is a fine fit as a 3-4 linebacker and he may get more recognition like all 3-4 linebackers do but Donnie Edwards has been one of the most consistent players in the league and he is a perfect fit on the weakside in the Chiefs cover 2.

I'm not sure I would rank Jammer very high. According to footballoutsiders.com's DVOA rankings of defense against types of receivers, San Diego was ranked 25th in the league in covering #1 WR's. That obviously would be the man Quentin Jammer was usually covering. Denver was ranked #1, Oakland was #2, and KC was #4.

Yes, Jarrad Page over Marlon McCree. Marlon McCree has been a journeyman for most of his career. KC Joyner from ESPN recently had an overrated and underrated list of safeties and Jarrad Page was listed as one of the league's underrated safeties. He had some of the best coverage statistics of all coverage safeties.
                      how much of that is attributed to their horrid rush defense though? San Diego's corners are fairly horrible though. they were, what, like bottom 3rd at least last year. Awful.

Originally posted by Morgan Freeman
                      Titty sprinkles

Comment

Originally posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
                        how much of that is attributed to their horrid rush defense though? San Diego's corners are fairly horrible though. they were, what, like bottom 3rd at least last year. Awful.
                        Who's horrid rush defense?

I wouldn't go as far as saying San Diego's corners were awful because I think they had a solid year last year. But they are not as good as some might think, IMO. They should be alot better considering San Diego led the league in sacks last year.

Comment

well let's rate everything by the preseason then...

denver was a playoff team until lepsis went down last year. the minute he got hurt, our record dropped by at least 2 games. mcneill was great for a rookie, but i doubt he's a top 5-8 LT already.
                          Yep. 5-1 with him, 4-6 without him. We probably wouldn't have kept the stellar pace up, but we most likely would have finished 10-6 or 11-5, and easily made the playoffs.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Fabian should on the list.I like NINs list.
                            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

I am huge fan of Colquitt. Top 3-5 punter in the league for sure imo. He was much better than Lechler last year but it's hard to put him ahead of Shane altogether.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information