Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late Round picks who're beginning to emerge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Late Round picks who're beginning to emerge

    I know there's a lot of fluff pieces but occasionally they're accurate.

    This year apparently Stanley McClover and Jeff King have been kicking ass around the Panthers camp and McClover's development has lead to him being the number one backup to both Peppers and Rucker.

    Jeff king should be the starting tight end on opening day.

    Any one else's team have late round picks from the last few years beginning to make some noise?


  • #2
    Will Blackmon has been shining in ST and as a nickel.
    Atari Bigby could become our starting SS.
    umm Jarrett Bush worked out with Chad Johnson and looks like he learned alot.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tennessee Titans

      CB Cortland Finnegan (7th rd, 2006) - Remember this name....you'll be hearing it a lot. Excellent cover skills, strong in run support, and a bonafide playmaker....all he does is makes plays.

      TE Bo Scaife (6th rd. 2005) - Has overtaken Ben Troupe as the #1 TE, and is emerging as the go-to guy for Titans QB's. A faster, more athletic version of former Titans great Frank Wycheck.

      RT David Stewart (5th rd. 2005) - assumed the starting role last year, and quickly established himself as a mauler a la Jon Runyan. Without Stewart in the lineup, Travis Henry averaged 2.7 ypc. With Stewart, Henry had 4.5 ypc.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've heard a lot about Bo Scaife but never actually seen him play, gg australia never getting titan games i suppose.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
          Will Blackmon has been shining in ST and as a nickel.
          Atari Bigby could become our starting SS.
          umm Jarrett Bush worked out with Chad Johnson and looks like he learned alot.
          Bush was so close to making the Panthers roster last year. He played very well in preseason.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by zoinks View Post
            Tennessee Titans

            CB Cortland Finnegan (7th rd, 2006) - Remember this name....you'll be hearing it a lot. Excellent cover skills, strong in run support, and a bonafide playmaker....all he does is makes plays.

            TE Bo Scaife (6th rd. 2005) - Has overtaken Ben Troupe as the #1 TE, and is emerging as the go-to guy for Titans QB's. A faster, more athletic version of former Titans great Frank Wycheck.

            RT David Stewart (5th rd. 2005) - assumed the starting role last year, and quickly established himself as a mauler a la Jon Runyan. Without Stewart in the lineup, Travis Henry averaged 2.7 ypc. With Stewart, Henry had 4.5 ypc.
            I like Cortland Finnegan a lot.

            Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

            Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

            Comment


            • #7
              Keith Ellison is making a huge impact. He is our starting WLB.
              BTW, he was a 6th round pick last year.


              Jason Peters was an UDFA a few years back. Now, he's one of the best Left Tackles in the game

              Terrance Pennington was a 7th rounder last year. He started at RT for most of the season


              Originally Posted by scottyboy
              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

              Comment


              • #8
                Eagles:
                Both of our fifth and sixth round picks this year are impressing a lot. TE Brent Celek may make LJ Smith expendable, and Rashad Barksdale looks to have a promising future on this team somewhere in the secondary, especially considering this is only his second year of football, he only played one year of football in college, and that was it. Hank Baskett, was undrafted last year and seems to be progressing well. DT LaJaun Ramsey will continue to play in the rotation at our D-lines, but he isn't standing out too much. Omar Gaither will eventually start at either WILL or MIKE for our defense, and many Eagle fans have plenty of confidence in him.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                Comment


                • #9
                  Considering the Bucs late round picks have historically been poor, there isn't anybody worth noting, unless you count Bruce Gradkowski..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well you know, we have this guy...Mark Anderson. But looking at the past few drafts, no one else but Chris Harris has made an impact.

                    Originally posted by BeansDooma
                    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      by any account, Johnny Baldwin (picked this year) is a player to watch.

                      Sig by Fenikz

                      I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Everyone knows the name Leigh Bodden, he was undrafted.

                        Leon Williams (4th rounder) is going to be a starter somewhere down the line, my guess is by the end of this season.

                        Simon Fraser is a good role player. Probably not a starter, but definitely a good 3rd DE. Batts down a lot of passes, gets pressure, and had 4.5 sacks last season as a back up. Ala Jarvis Green.

                        I have always had high hope for David McMillan (5th 2005). Its been a slow transition to LB, but he is super athletic and has really been making an impact this preason and TC. May be our 3rd OLB season and pass rush specialist (which sounds strange on a team with Wimbley and Antwan Peek).

                        DChess resizing inc.

                        Reality is relative.

                        We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yeah for the Titans Bo Scaife has been freakin awesome. He did well against the Skins and I heard he did well against the Pats too.

                          For the Redskins, no starters or anybody to be going crazy over. HB Blades though has really came along. He's probably going to be signed to the team and used on special teams. On teams hes usually the first one to the ball.

                          But the most important thing is that he's literally a carbon copy of London Fletcher. In 2-3 years when London hangs it up, I think we have our new MLB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                            Yeah for the Titans Bo Scaife has been freakin awesome. He did well against the Skins and I heard he did well against the Pats too.

                            For the Redskins, no starters or anybody to be going crazy over. HB Blades though has really came along. He's probably going to be signed to the team and used on special teams. On teams hes usually the first one to the ball.

                            But the most important thing is that he's literally a carbon copy of London Fletcher. In 2-3 years when London hangs it up, I think we have our new MLB.
                            I was expecting HB to shine early, hows that LB from USC doing?



                            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              William G a Y from Louisville has done some fine work at corner.


                              "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                              Mike Tirico

                              Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

                              Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


                              "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information