X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should KC Trade LJ?

Good article by Jason Whitlock.
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/16700590.htm

I think a better question is was the chiefs would recieve for him in a trade?

I'd say a high first rounder and another decent player.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Yea, I think you guys should trade LJ...
    Here's a trade:

Falcons get:
    Larry Johnson

Chiefs get:
    Matt Schaub
    3rd round pick

*just kidding, i just would love to see LJ in Atlanta*

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

He presented his argument very well. Whitlock knows his Chiefs. And sometimes a lockerroom cancer can really devistate a franchise. Is LJ really irreplaceable? That oline makes the world go round. If anything, its more important for them to continue establishing a presence in the trenches through the draft (ie draft some guards for the future). And if they can get a guy like Peterson for LJ and pay him alot less doe with half the headaches, is it really that far fetched of an idea?

Comment

We had a huge, 7 page thread about trading LJ or not in December. It is mildly aggravating that the same topic is back again. I will comment further once we see the comments from the peanut gallery.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

guess i didn't realize how big a cancer he is... if they could get a top 10 pick out of LJ... then i say definitely do it. That way they'd have a shot at possibly trading up to get Adrian Peterson, or trading back a little to get Marshawn Lynch... both of which i feel would be adequate replacements for LJ.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

i get the argument, but it seems like a bizarre strategy to NOT pay johnson, say (to use Whitlock's example) $20m in bonuses, then turn around and give some rookie $18m in bonuses to play the same position.

Comment

I wouldn't trade him unless I got a top 5 pick

Comment

That guy really makes LJ sound like an idiot.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

LJ deserves to get his money, but his attitude problems date all the way back to HS. He has always worked very hard, but LJ has generally made it clear that he wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. No one will ever stop him from speaking his mind or doing what he wants. Sounds a lot like TO, but the Chiefs' PR group has generally kept his drama under wraps.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual
                    trade him to the lions they need a RB for half of next season

Comment

Originally posted by Finlayson56
                      Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual
                      trade him to the lions they need a RB for half of next season
                      Mike Martz doesn't need RBs. The Lions should just put a WR in the backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
                        LJ deserves to get his money, but his attitude problems date all the way back to HS. He has always worked very hard, but LJ has generally made it clear that he wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. No one will ever stop him from speaking his mind or doing what he wants. Sounds a lot like TO, but the Chiefs' PR group has generally kept his drama under wraps.
                        Yeah KC handles it quite a bit better

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Would be really interesting if this actually happened. Don't think it will though.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Good article and Jason Whitlock is an oxymoron.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              He presented his argument very well. Whitlock knows his Chiefs. And sometimes a lockerroom cancer can really devistate a franchise. Is LJ really irreplaceable? That oline makes the world go round. If anything, its more important for them to continue establishing a presence in the trenches through the draft (ie draft some guards for the future). And if they can get a guy like Peterson for LJ and pay him alot less doe with half the headaches, is it really that far fetched of an idea?
                              I don't like Whitlock's argument. I mean, he's said some farfetched stuff before, like how the Redskins would play in the Super Bowl this past season, so this may be a plea for attention, like everything that comes out of Skip Bayless' mouth. Plus, when Peyton Manning threw his O-Line under the bus after the Steelers game last season, were there any questions about whether he would be staying in Indy? It is harder to develop QBs in the NFL in comparison to RBs; but, if someone has 416 carries in a season along with 50+ catches, it is going to take more than one player to duplicate that production, as well as the leadership factor. To say the best player on the team is the reason they aren't better is a total paradox.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information