Falcons quarterback will not admit to gambling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcons quarterback will not admit to gambling

A source close to the Michael Vick case has told ESPN that the Falcons quarterback will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights, as detailed in his indictment, when he enters a guilty plea Monday. Instead, the one count of conspiracy that Vick will plead to will admit guilt to the charge of interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting
    http://story.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2989037

I noticed a lot of Vick threads getting locked recently so if this thread is outside the rules, then disregard it / lock it.

I still dont like him.

Does this mean they can try him for those counts in trial?

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

This has to have some big effects on the plea bargain. A lot of people are not going to be happy about this.

Comment

This is what I have always personally thought. That is, Vick wasn't directly involved in the operation, but he funded it for his buddies/relatives. If that's the truth, he threw his career away to appease his 'boys' and that's a shame.

Comment

lester munson on sportscenter said the feds wont accept this, as the other 3 already said vick killed the dogs/gambled; that this is what vick will admit to, not what the feds are putting in the plea bargin

also said the feds would prob not accept this, and a trial is a real possibility

if this goes to trial, vick is an idiot

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

In unrelated news I saw a dead dog get washed up to shore at the beach today.

Comment

Originally posted by elway777 View Post
              In unrelated news I saw a dead dog get washed up to shore at the beach today.
              not cool...

Comment

this is stupid! what about all the evidence the DA spoke of?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  This is what I have always personally thought. That is, Vick wasn't directly involved in the operation, but he funded it for his buddies/relatives. If that's the truth, he threw his career away to appease his 'boys' and that's a shame.
                  thats what ive been thinking too

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    a homeboy's gotta do what a homeboy's gotta do... that's the way it goes down y'know?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      thats what ive been thinking too
                      You cannot honestly believe this?

The guy is a dirtbag who the falcons have tried to make look like a golden boy. He fought dogs which means that directly or indirectly he lead to their deaths.

Comment

Since the beginning of this I kind of had a feeling that Vick would get out of this with a slap on the wrists punishment. I hope this isn't the first step towards that.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                          Since the beginning of this I kind of had a feeling that Vick would get out of this with a slap on the wrists punishment. I hope this isn't the first step towards that.
                          Are they seriously accepting his plea if he doesn't admit he actually did anything? So basically he's just trying to get out of jail time. From a legal standpoint, it'd be stupid if the prosecution accepts this, or already has, considering if this went to trial he'd probably be convicted.

Comment

I doubt they accept this plea, and that probably means it goes to court. There are 3 people (along with other evidence) that claim he killed dogs and gambled, but Michael Vick knows if he pleas to either of those he may never play in the NFL again.

Comment

If only Johnny Cochran was here, he would make Vick look like an Animal rights activists with his Chewbaca defense.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information