Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite Quinn's strong start, rookie won't be Browns QB in opener

Despite Quinn's strong start, rookie won't be Browns QB in opener

It seems so far like Brady gives them the best way to win now and in the future.

Discuss....

I think they should sit him this year. Dont rush him out there and let him develop. You dont want to rush him into a possibly bad situation

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

A starting QB in the NFL should win games for his team. So far, Quinn has shown he does. He's the best performing qb in a three horse race, earned the starting role and should therefore be starting.

If it's not succesfull they could still bench him and put frye in.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

We already tried this with Tim Couch...didn't work.

Chuck is going to get the start and Quinn will hold the clipboard, especially since our schedule starts out tuff. If Frye really blows i could see Quinn getting in there early, but if all goes to plan Quinn shouldn't be starting until after the bye week.

Hopefully Frye tears it up this year giving us some trade bait, but i am not going to hold my breath.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          A starting QB in the NFL should win games for his team. So far, Quinn has shown he does. He's the best performing qb in a three horse race, earned the starting role and should therefore be starting.

If it's not succesfull they could still bench him and put frye in.
          NONONONONONONO, you can never bench a rookie QB after handing him the starting job, its the worst thing you could do.
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Put brady Quinn in after the bye week like Denver did with Cutler.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I would put Quinn in Week 2 no matter what.
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                Put brady Quinn in after the bye week like Denver did with Cutler.
                they still didn't make the playoffs though. I think he should sit this year, so far it has proved to be effective with people sitting on the bench at least 1 year. schaub, rodgers, palmer, cassel? sorgi?

whereas if he just started right away he'll have a lot of weight on his shoulders. Rarely does it work too, unless you get drafted into a stacked steelers team.

however, crennel will be probably be fired after this year so he should do what he can to win now i guess.

Comment

I would say start Frye or Anderson until their bye week, whenever that is, and then let him start.

Wasn't Couch different though? He was in a gimmicky offense in College and in the NFL had no weapons (at least Quinn has Winslow and Braylon Edwards) with a horrible OL. I think it's a bit different with Brady Quinn.

In a bit of an irrelevant portion of this post, after seeing Quinn at ND for those years, doesn't it look odd seeing him in an NFL uni?
                  Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                    schaub, rodgers, palmer, cassel? sorgi?
                    Considering Cassell is behind Tom Brady, Jim Sorgi behind Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers behind Brett Favre; there is a bit of a difference here. ;) Plus Schaub and Rodgers haven't even had success yet so really it's been:

Philip Rivers
                    Carson Palmer
                    Marc Bulger?

They'll probably use Arizona's technique with Matt Leinart.
                    Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I hope they start him week 1.

He and Woodley haven't been in the same backfield for a while.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                        Considering Cassell is behind Tom Brady, Jim Sorgi behind Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers behind Brett Favre; there is a bit of a difference here. ;) Plus Schaub and Rodgers haven't even had success yet so really it's been:

Philip Rivers
                        Carson Palmer
                        Marc Bulger?

They'll probably use Arizona's technique with Matt Leinart.
                        Romo? I guess campbell for now is an exception.

Comment

Frye looked really good, I would wait to see how Frye does, but when there are signs of him doing bad, replace him instantly with Quinn, I don't care who's defense it is against.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                            Frye looked really good, I would wait to see how Frye does, but when there are signs of him doing bad, replace him instantly with Quinn, I don't care who's defense it is against.
                            Quinn has looked better though.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Just do what KC is doing w/ Croyle and chalk this up as the "final" rebuilding year

Unless Frye does absoultly terrible, and then Anderson follows suit, then stick Quinn in. No reason to rush him

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information