Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any other rookies holding out other than Jamarcus...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are there any other rookies holding out other than Jamarcus...

    I sort of have tunnel vision on the whole JR situation, but are there any other 1st rd prospects still not signed?

    Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

  • #2
    Russell is the only one that remains unsigned. It's rather ridiculous. Typical of the Raiders' (dis-)organization.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Russell is the only one that remains unsigned. It's rather ridiculous. Typical of the Raiders' (dis-)organization.
      You would give Russell 35 million in guaranteed money even though he hasn't played 1 snap in the NFL?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
        You would give Russell 35 million in guaranteed money even though he hasn't played 1 snap in the NFL?
        They missed out on the beauty of negotiating before the draft, you have a lot more leverage there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          They missed out on the beauty of negotiating before the draft, you have a lot more leverage there.
          That's why no #1 overall pick has held out since Orlando Pace. There is just no excuse for it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            They missed out on the beauty of negotiating before the draft, you have a lot more leverage there.
            That's pretty much what I've been saying all along, but there is no such thing as a time machine, so now we have to deal with what we have, and that is an arrogant Russell and his agents demanding 35 million dollars.

            Comment


            • #7
              I wonder what the odds are that the Raiders say 'screw it' and throw him back? Probably very, very slim.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think the Raiders should have took Calvin Johnson, I see Russel turning into the next Dante Culpepper and Calvin Johnson the old Moss without the attitude.

                Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                  That's pretty much what I've been saying all along, but there is no such thing as a time machine, so now we have to deal with what we have, and that is an arrogant Russell and his agents demanding 35 million dollars.
                  Of course it isn't the organizations fault for not giving the most gifted QB to ever come out the money he will deserve. Its the nature of the beast. Pay the damn man his money and get him into camp. Al Davis needs to stop being such a douche and pay the man.

                  Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

                  Who Dat Nation!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                    Of course it isn't the organizations fault for not giving the most gifted QB to ever come out the money he will deserve. Its the nature of the beast. Pay the damn man his money and get him into camp. Al Davis needs to stop being such a douche and pay the man.
                    How is he the most gifted QB, just cuz he can throw the ball 60 yards easier than any QB can. Like ive said before how many times do you need to throw 60 yards in a game. When it comes to every pass but the deep ones Quinn is more accurate.



                    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                      Of course it isn't the organizations fault for not giving the most gifted QB to ever come out the money he will deserve. Its the nature of the beast. Pay the damn man his money and get him into camp. Al Davis needs to stop being such a douche and pay the man.
                      you can say the same thing about Russell and his agents. If he gets 35 million in grantee this year imagine how much next years first overall pick will want. When will this madness end!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                        Of course it isn't the organizations fault for not giving the most gifted QB to ever come out the money he will deserve. Its the nature of the beast. Pay the damn man his money and get him into camp. Al Davis needs to stop being such a douche and pay the man.
                        When did Jamarcus Russell become the greatest QB prospect ever?

                        bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                          I wonder what the odds are that the Raiders say 'screw it' and throw him back? Probably very, very slim.
                          I've actually thought the same thing. I mean, it's not like Russell wouldn't lose out as well. It's to the benefit of both sides that he gets signed, I really don't see it reaching that point but there's always a chance...

                          And I see what you're saying Xon.

                          EDIT: And wow at Russel being the most gifted QB ever.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I meant physically gifted, sorry. And not one of you can say a thing about that. And about that guaranteed money thing, the range of money goes up every year. It goes up along with the salary cap, thats just the way the NFL goes. At least its not like ****** ass baseball where they let teams try and buy championships. Notice how I said try, cough Yankees.

                            Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

                            Who Dat Nation!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              But how easy would it be for Russell's agents to feign agreement to the vague terms of a deal only so that the Raiders were to draft Russell, and then change their demands after that? Seriously, it's the ultimate strategy because who wants to lose the #1 overall draft pick for nothing? The agents could then make any demands they want thinking that they have the team by the nuts.

                              Oldie but a goodie.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information