Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portis may be lame duck in DC?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

After a 2006 season that ended early because of shoulder and hand injuries and a forgettable preseason, Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis admits this season may be his last with the team.

"The world forgot about me this year," he said. "I have to make it work this year or I'll be out of here and probably be doing these same interviews somewhere else."

He hasn't lived up to the billing since he arrived in DC and Ladell Betts puts up better production at a cheaper price.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
      He hasn't lived up to the billing since he arrived in DC and Ladell Betts puts up better production at a cheaper price.
      yes thats very true...but where would he fit in at? id suspect a team wanting to use him with a bruiser to keep him fresh and healthy, unless its a team that using a ZBS

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        yes thats very true...but where would he fit in at? id suspect a team wanting to use him with a bruiser to keep him fresh and healthy, unless its a team that using a ZBS
        I could see Houston making a strong push for him that being said I really don't think he leaves DC.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Atlanta could be a possibility with Warrick Dunn almost done and if they don't believe Jerious norwood can be the feature back in their system

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

you mean a 1300 and 1500 yard seasons arent good enough?

hes not a power back and they tried to make him 1 when he came there. last year the team switched offensive style but he was hurting

Comment

Atlanta could be a possibility with Warrick Dunn almost done and if they don't believe Jerious norwood can be the feature back in their system
              That was the exact team that came to my mind first.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

What other RBs are becoming free agents next year?

AFC teams that might be interested in Portis

-Cleveland (Jamal Lewis might not work out, and Dallas has their 1st)
                -Tennessee (Chris Brown is fragile, Lendale White is overweight, and Chris Henry is a workout warrior)

NFC
                -Dallas (Will probably draft McFadden though)
                -Detroit (If Kevin Jones doesn't fully recover)
                -Atlana (Dunn is getting pretty old, and nobody really knows what Norwood can do yet)
                Last edited by Bills2083; 08-30-2007, 01:32 PM.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

If they choose Ladell Betts over Portis they are making a HUGE mistake. If he does become available though I want him in Green Bay.

Comment

I think Morency is a RFA next year so if Portis does test the market I hope he come here, man I would love having a top 5 running back on our team.

Comment

How about the Giants? He could fit well in a 1-2 Punch combo with Brandon Jacobs.

Comment

I think he'll stay in DC and have a comeback year. But, Washington does need to make plans for thr future right now, and Betts is 28 (though last year was the first year he got a lot of playing time, but he did have injury problems early on)

I think they should keep both and use Portis' speed and Betts' power.
                        (Kinda like John Riggins and Joe Washington)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

CP isn't going anywhere, unless he makes that decision. Betts is the perfect relief back, he comes in with fresh legs and hits the hole hard. He has too much trouble fumbling the ball, and can't get to the endzone. He is also terrible at picking up blitzing linebackers/DBs. Part of the reason Campbell is getting mauled this preseason is Betts whiffing on so many blocks.

I think Clinton means that he needs to step his game up this season, and if he doesn't he is on the hot seat, and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                            CP isn't going anywhere, unless he makes that decision. Betts is the perfect relief back, he comes in with fresh legs and hits the hole hard. He has too much trouble fumbling the ball, and can't get to the endzone. He is also terrible at picking up blitzing linebackers/DBs. Part of the reason Campbell is getting mauled this preseason is Betts whiffing on so many blocks.

I think Clinton means that he needs to step his game up this season, and if he doesn't he is on the hot seat, and rightfully so.
                            I agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              I think Morency is a RFA next year so if Portis does test the market I hope he come here, man I would love having a top 5 running back on our team.
                              Haha, good one, top 5. How about LT, Jackson, LJ, Gore, Alexander, Parker, Rudi, and Westbrook. I guess you forgot about those guys, but Portis might be a top 10 RB, might be.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information