Byron Leftwich Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byron Leftwich Released

News agencies are reporting that Leftwich is going to be released. A press conference is scheduled for 5:30.

...I'm confused, shocked, stunned, every other adjective.

Wow.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

if this really happens he should sign in Oakland, and then they can cut Walter and McCown and sign Russell forming a stable of rocket arm QBs that can barely move for ****...

Comment

hmm, Bucs could use an 8th QB...
      Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
      Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
      Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
      A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Wow. Just wow...

That sucks pretty badly, Unseen. And to think that the Jags didn't even look in Quinn's direction. Hmm.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'd even let him push Jackson for the starting job if he came to Minnesota, i'm a huge Leftwich fan. I know Unseen was too, so I feel bad for you and get used to Gerrard as your starter.

Comment

j-e-t-s! marshall brothers!
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Weren't there rumors of him to Washington possibly? Did I imagine that or was it just speculation, not actual connection? Anyway, I think it's a good sign that Jacksonville is moving on, for better or worse.

Comment

Apparently it'll save them $5 million as well.

I should go tell Leftwich that, "The NFL is a business, man! Ran by businessmen!"
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'm waiting until the press conference until I make an assessment.

I don't get the move at all yet. I've always thought that Leftwich was better than Garrard. I saw no indication of this move whatsoever.

The words "why didn't we get Quinn" are ringing in my mind, too...

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                    The words "why didn't we get Quinn" are ringing in my mind, too...
                    "That sucks pretty badly, Unseen. And to think that the Jags didn't even look in Quinn's direction. Hmm."

;)

Guess he wasn't just high on their board.

Comment

I do believe he was, njx. As far as I know that is... maybe Unseen can correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Hope it's true please let him go to Bmore, I hope Washington is fake because Campbell is a beast.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

The problem with the Vikings is that I just don't buy Leftwich as the type of QB that can run Childress' offense.

This is a blow to Leftwich, as I don't think the market is going to be what he thinks it is (Simeon Rice is STILL available for example). To expect a QB to come in and play this season completely missing training camp and the preseason is almost out of the question. Maybe as an injury replacement, but that's about it. I'd expect him to sign a one year contract with a team like Atlanta or Detroit and hope for the best next season.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I actually could believe the Redskins since Snyder is an idiot and Byron wants to come back home. But Ravens would make sense for both the team and the player and he gets to stay close to home.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I have a feeling that this still isn't going to be the biggest name that's going to get cut.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information