LenDale White bashers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LenDale White bashers...

He's always the focal point of jokes and laughter, he gets called fat and lazy at every opportunity, was talked about this entire off season for blowing his chance to "take over" the rb position...but from everything ive read thus far, the job is his and he has looked good and consistently improved up to this point...

White makes move
    Shows ability for starting spot with runs, block

By PAUL KUHARSKY
    Staff Writer

The Titans' color-coded run system featured a lot of White and only a bit of Brown in the first team's work against Green Bay on Thursday night.

In his second straight week as the starter, LenDale White turned 15 carries into 58 yards, took a short pass 19 yards and threw a key block to ensure safe passage for Vince Young into the end zone during a 30-14 victory.

White has spoken frequently of his desire to win the starting job and carry the load. Coach Jeff Fisher said recently that he intends to use White and Chris Brown a lot and that the starting role "basically amounts to getting somebody's name Ö in the program."

"All I can do is go out there and play football," White said. "I think we had a great day of running the football, the offensive line and (fullback) Ahmard Hall did a great job, what else can you say? They cleared the holes, all you've got to do is run through them."

The Titans finished with 152 rushing yards on 32 carries for a 4.8-yard average.

Patience and burst

White's best run came on his most important carry.

On a fourth-and-1 from the Green Bay 39 early in the second quarter, the Titans hurried to the line of scrimmage without a huddle. White took the ball up the middle, sliced through the line, emerged on the other side, squeezed between linebacker Desmond Bishop and cornerback Frank Walker and went 21 yards before he was dragged down.

"You've got to pace yourself, you can't just hit the hole," White said. "You've got to time it up with the guys coming down and making their blocks. On the fourth-and-1 it was just a whole bunch of green grass."

Later in second quarter on another touchdown drive, the Titans went exclusively
    with two-back sets with White carrying early, Brown coming in for relief and White finishing up with the goal line block.

As Young weaved toward the right pylon, White leveled Packers defensive back Atari Bigby as he began to make a move toward the Titans quarterback.

"I saw him over there and I kind of cut back so he could make that block," Young said. "He's a physical guy and we need that guy in the backfield as well as Chris Brown."

Low-key attitude

White talked nonchalantly about the highlight play, saying he simply didn't want to be the guy on film that the rest of the offense would talk about.

Much of Nashville will be talking about White as the Titans prepare for their Sept. 9 opener in Jacksonville. Even so, he's not intent on winning over his critics, he said.

"To be honest, I don't really know if I want to convince everybody," he said.

"All I want to do is convince these guys that I am playing with every Sunday. That's who I am out there with. As long as they are happy with what I did, that's all I need."

source: http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 10436/1027

Fisher has stated that he does not like the RBBC approach, and once the name a starter he intends on giving him around 275 carries...Lendale has shown alot of improvement and looks to make that next step this yr to some of his potential

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

He's looked good thus far. I just think it's funny to call him LenWhale White, despite the fact that he isn't that fat anymore.

Comment

He looked good, but lets not get too far ahead of reality, it was against Packer backups mostly.

He should be the starter, but the criticism and jokes are warranted. He may be a fine player with his weight, but how much better would he be if he had Eddie George's work ethic? I think the overweight stuff was blown way out of proportion, but what beats me is when he claims to be 110% into his career at HB, and then admits to not coming in at the best shape he could have - makes no sense. If he was truly dedicated, he would have been fit and at his peak on day one.

I think he'll do pretty well overall but I question his ability to stay healthy. In limited play, he has already been nicked up enough to miss time which doesn't fill me with confidence really. Then again I guess the time he has missed was not important time anyway (as he was either a backup or it was preseason), so maybe he'd usually play through those. I guess ultimately we just don't know the real LenDale White yet.

Comment

God whats up with all the whining by Titans fans lately.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

He's a Cowboys fan

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
            i didnt know i was a titans fan just because i liked lendale white coming out...im not even a huge fan, i just noticed he was bashed to no end when a report comes out about him being overweight and everyone jumps all over him, yet he has played pretty solid when presented with most of his opportunities

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
              I just think it's funny to call him LenWhale White, despite the fact that he isn't that fat anymore.
              Hit the nail one head there... he will still always be LenWhale White to me

Comment

Even if he rushes for 2500 yards, the fact remains that he is not in optimum NFL shape and he needs to work harder on conditioning. At this point he is mediocre which makes his weight problems even more mind-boggling and frustrating.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

how many reg season yards does he have?

kthanxbye
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                    We just want to give you other fans fair warning before we start dominating the NFL this year ... Whoo!
                    "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      Even if he rushes for 2500 yards, the fact remains that he is not in optimum NFL shape and he needs to work harder on conditioning. At this point he is mediocre which makes his weight problems even more mind-boggling and frustrating.
                      Did you give him his physical or something? How do you know? He's looked pretty good to me. Just because he isn't ripped doesn't mean he isn't in shape. Some people just have a different body type, i.e. Jerome Bettis. LenDale (like just about any athlete other than Rip Hamilton) could probably be in better shape, but I think he'll be just fine fitness-wise. You just won't ever see him in a white T.O. body suit ... actually, that would be pretty funny to see :)
                      "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Comment

Jerome Bettis anyone?
                        I like White alot, but i dont think he can carry a team with out a speedy backup

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

LenDale was so beastly at SC. I hope he tears it up in the NFL. He's a joy to watch when he's on.

Comment

Yea White came to camp in shape, circle's a shape. White said himself he didn't come into camp in as good as shape as he should have, how are you trying to say that when he admits himself he isn't?

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

If only every thread could be as funny as the Titans threads we've had lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information