S Michael Boulware, DE Jason Babin and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick traded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S Michael Boulware, DE Jason Babin and QB Ryan Fitzpatrick traded

The Texans traded defensive end Jason Babin to Seattle today for safety Michael Boulware.

Babin, a former no. 1 draft choice, had a good training camp and preseason, but the Texans have been desperate because of injuries at safety.

The Texans lost Glenn Earl early in training camp.

Rookie Brandon Harrison suffered a severely pulled hamstring in practice today and could be placed on injured reserve.

Starters C.C. Brown and Jason Simmons are playing with bruised shoulders.

Boulware has been a regular starter for the Seahawks.

He covers well and is an effective pass rusher. He should be able to contribute immediately.
    Source: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5101129.html

The Bengals today traded an undisclosed 2008 draft pick to the St. Louis Rams for No. 3 quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Jay Zygmunt, Rams president of football operations, confirmed the trade.

The Bengals pushed back coach Marvin Lewis' news conference from 2:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. today. At that point, the team will announce its roster moves. The Bengals and all NFL teams face that deadline to trim to 53 players. The Bengals had 75 for their exhibition game Friday night.

Fitzpatrick, a third-year player from Harvard, played in four NFL games with three starts in his first two seasons with the Rams. He was their seventh-round pick, 250 overall, in the 2005 draft.
    Source: http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs...itzpatrick.asp

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

I like the trade for Houston

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

The Houston/Seattle trade is a change of scenery for both players and should work out well. Fitzpatrick to Cincy is a bit intriguing......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

The bengals trade an additional draft pick, after using a 4th on a QB.

I'm questioning their intelligence.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
          The bengals trade an additional draft pick, after using a 4th on a QB.

I'm questioning their intelligence.
          They got a quality backup with starting experience in this league. Its not like its an idiotic trade.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
            They got a quality backup with starting experience in this league. Its not like its an idiotic trade.
            so what is their QB situation now?

Palmer, Fitzpatrick, and Rowe???
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
              Possible. He's played in what.. 4 games?

Wouldn't it have been better to pick up a guy like Dilfer? He has the starting experience. Then you have Rowe who they just drafted in round 4.

Comment

I like the move for Houston. Babin has been disappointing, and Boulware will be a solid addition to that secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  I like the move for Houston. Babin has been disappointing, and Boulware will be a solid addition to that secondary.
                  Babin was also drafted to be a 3-4 OLB.. not a 4-3 DE.. he was pretty solid in the only season he got an opportunity to do that.

Comment

Babin was also drafted to be a 3-4 OLB.. not a 4-3 DE.. he was pretty solid in the only season he got an opportunity to do that.
                    Well Seattle also runs a 4-3...

Comment

Possible. He's played in what.. 4 games?

Wouldn't it have been better to pick up a guy like Dilfer? He has the starting experience. Then you have Rowe who they just drafted in round 4.
                      How are they getting Dilfer when he's in San Fran helping mentor Alex Smith? Try mentioning someone who's actually available.......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I am aware of that, but for a 1st rounder, 13 sacks in three years can't be seen as anything else but abit disappointing. Didn't the Texans run the 3-4 in the 05-06 season aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          I am aware of that, but for a 1st rounder, 13 sacks in three years can't be seen as anything else but abit disappointing. Didn't the Texans run the 3-4 in the 05-06 season aswell?
                          To me, Babin never showed the flashes in the NFL that made him a 1st round pick. Maybe the change of scenery helps him but he may only be a rotational guy for the rest of his career.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Originally posted by Job

Comment

I like the trade by the Texans, as well as the one for Seattle. I'm not too fond of Seattle's DE rotation and Babin will help strengthen that while Boulware should be Houston's starting SS now.

I am not sure about Cincy's trade.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

wow, boulware was a really good player for seattle, young and promising...dont see how they would trade him for babin, I like what the texans are doing on defense

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information