Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urlacher has issue with Merriman

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

Brian Urlacher rolled his eyes and then exhaled as if to say he wanted no part of a conversation about San Diego's Shawne Merriman. But the Bears linebacker couldn't dance around the subject long. Merriman's outrageous "Lights Out" bunny hop to celebrate a sack, a routine Merriman has vowed to tone down this season, indeed gets underneath Urlacher's skin. Not that Urlacher has something against the Chargers' sack king. Or maybe he does. "The thing is, if you're going to do it, do it all the time," Urlacher said. "Do it when you make a bad play too. You'll never see me doing any stupid [stuff] like that after a play. The only thing I'll do is get a little happy with my teammates."
    This is why I like Urlacher.... Merriman's dance is weak, I was waiting for someone to speak up about it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Lots of people have their little dances after plays they make. Why is Merriman the only one that gets critised for it? Probably because he gets to do it more than most people.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

This is why I like Urlacher.... Merriman's dance is weak, I was waiting for someone to speak up about it.
      Yeah, I hope he continues it this year. Along with those ballin' Giants. Love it when direct rivals of my Cowboys make themselves look like jackasses.

Comment

I think they should all stop doing stupid dances that Jerry Rice and Deion, etc. started, they look re-tarded. Why can't they just score a touchdown or whatever and hand the ball to the ref like Jim Brown and Barry Sanders?

Comment

Well I mean Merriman said he's not doing it anymore, so I don't know what the big deal is here...

But Urlacher's comment is kind of stupid in my opinion. Do it when you make a bad play too? It's a celebration, it's something he does, like Urlacher says, to get invovled wtih his teammates after a big play. Why would he do it after a bad play, its just a stupid comment to make. Would Urlacher celebrate with a teammate after getting juked or trucked?

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
            Well I mean Merriman said he's not doing it anymore, so I don't know what the big deal is here...

But Urlacher's comment is kind of stupid in my opinion. Do it when you make a bad play too? It's a celebration, it's something he does, like Urlacher says, to get invovled wtih his teammates after a big play. Why would he do it after a bad play, its just a stupid comment to make. Would Urlacher celebrate with a teammate after getting juked or trucked?
            I think he's trying to make the point that it's important to keep an even keel out there. He's saying that bad plays are just as significant as sacks, and that dancing after each sack makes it seem as though that's all that matters to Merriman.

Comment

Urlacher is the man. I remember when he had Paris Hilton in a club box like 4 years ago just wearing his jersey on Monday Night Football.
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Thats it Urlaucher vs. Merriman UFC 77 Only on Spike...

Comment

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!!!

I think Merriman's dance gets pointed out because he is one of, if not the only defensive player in the league that has a "signature" dance or celebration. The only other one I can think of is Gilbert Brown diggin the grave. Mine would be the belly flop. How funny would it be for someone to get a sack and then bust out a gigantic belly flop.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Merriman wouldnt be allowed to fight. He would test positive for enhancement drugs.
                    Originally posted by nvot9
                    I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                    Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                    Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                    Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                    Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I care more about merriman being a dirty drug cheat than his dance.

Comment

well that terrible team in NY used to do that stupid *** as jump shot thing
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

so do you hate our own Barnett when he does his "chop"?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                            Urlacher is the man. I remember when he had Paris Hilton in a club box like 4 years ago just wearing his jersey on Monday Night Football.
                            hell yeahhhhh
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I see no problem with his celebration. Whats the difference between him celebrating a sack, and Chad Johnson doing CPR on a football after a touchdown? Why is Chad's celebrations funny, yet Merriman's classless? Its a doublestandard. Either hate em all, or hate none of it.

It was only a matter of time before defenders started celebrating the way WRs celebrate. Everyone wants to be on sportscenter these days, and thats how you accomplish that goal unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information