Attitudes in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attitudes in the NFL

Am I the only one that sees celebrating after a play stupid? I find that there isnt a need in celebrating. Trust me, and anyone who has played football knows. If you are a DE and you blow by a tackle and get a sack, the tackle knows he messed up and knows you beat him. If anything, celebrating actually encourages him to be better and try harder. I find it uselss and stupid. Going off of what Brian Urlacher said as well, if you are going to be there and celebrate after all these plays, do it all the time even when you make a bad play. It may be the old school in me that I was brought up in, but anytime i reach the endzone, I act like Ive been there before. I think it makes up look stupid and ignorant.

To me this comes back to attitude. And I am a big beleiver that its not the team that has the most talent, its the team that has the best people. I can sit here and tell you how New England has no right to make it to the AFC championship last year let alone bear San Diego. Do you ever see players on New England pull these stupid stunts? Nope! How about on Indianaplis? Nope. Chicago? Nope. New Orleans? Nope. You see my point. Lets look at teams who didnt make the playoffs. Oakland? Yep. Cincinatti? Yep. New York Giants? Yep.The list goes on.

Seeing this really pisses me off. One of the worst plays I ve ever seen was last year was when KC was playing Baltimore, and Larry Johnson took a hand off 40 yards right in front of Terrel Suggs. Suggs came back to make the tackle then kept running LJ out of bounds and celebrated at the end to get the penalty. STUPID!!!! LJ ran right at Suggs and got the best of him, taking it for 40 yards. For Suggs to do that was ignorant and stupid.

I love football, and maybe that is why I like the Patriots so much, and why many people dont like them. They are verysounds and wont do any stupid things that could come back to hurt them. The 4 teams that made the conference finals lat year are what football is all about, and that is how it should be played. There is a reason they were the final 4, and got that far.

I seem to recall the Patriots mocking Shawne Merriman's "Lights Out" dance..

But anyways, I don't mind celebrations.. It just some harmless fun.. It's especially fun laughing at someone who celebrates at the wrong time; like scoring a late Touchdown in a blowout loss.

Comment

I don't mind celebrations at all its just good fun, but spiting in someone's face or kicking some one in the head without their helmet on, now that's a problem.
      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
        I seem to recall the Patriots mocking Shawne Merriman's "Lights Out" dance..
        they mocked t.o in the superbowl when they played the eagles too.

Comment

You don't see a OT celebrate when he keeps a guy from getting a sack but if a guy gets a sack he freaks out. That being said it only bothers me sometimes like when Sammie Parker has one catch a game and acts like he won the SB after it. I really don't understand when your getting blown out by 20 points and you have a good play and you start jumping around and high fiving but what ever.

Comment

Actually, When New England did celebrate it was the whole team, on the Chargers logo, mocking one of the players.. AFTER the game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Yq7-b05XmU

The Colts Defense didn't have much to celebrate about during the season, seeing that they were atrocious! Don't call out individual teams because EVERYONE celebrates, playoffs or not. It's a way of life, you do something good, you feel good about it, and you show your satisfaction. Some more than others.

Comment

I dont see nothing wrong with getting excited. Some people jjust have different ways of showing it than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                Am I the only one that sees celebrating after a play stupid? I find that there isnt a need in celebrating. Trust me, and anyone who has played football knows. If you are a DE and you blow by a tackle and get a sack, the tackle knows he messed up and knows you beat him. If anything, celebrating actually encourages him to be better and try harder. I find it uselss and stupid. Going off of what Brian Urlacher said as well, if you are going to be there and celebrate after all these plays, do it all the time even when you make a bad play. It may be the old school in me that I was brought up in, but anytime i reach the endzone, I act like Ive been there before. I think it makes up look stupid and ignorant.

To me this comes back to attitude. And I am a big beleiver that its not the team that has the most talent, its the team that has the best people. I can sit here and tell you how New England has no right to make it to the AFC championship last year let alone bear San Diego. Do you ever see players on New England pull these stupid stunts? Nope! How about on Indianaplis? Nope. Chicago? Nope. New Orleans? Nope. You see my point. Lets look at teams who didnt make the playoffs. Oakland? Yep. Cincinatti? Yep. New York Giants? Yep.The list goes on.

Seeing this really pisses me off. One of the worst plays I ve ever seen was last year was when KC was playing Baltimore, and Larry Johnson took a hand off 40 yards right in front of Terrel Suggs. Suggs came back to make the tackle then kept running LJ out of bounds and celebrated at the end to get the penalty. STUPID!!!! LJ ran right at Suggs and got the best of him, taking it for 40 yards. For Suggs to do that was ignorant and stupid.

I love football, and maybe that is why I like the Patriots so much, and why many people dont like them. They are verysounds and wont do any stupid things that could come back to hurt them. The 4 teams that made the conference finals lat year are what football is all about, and that is how it should be played. There is a reason they were the final 4, and got that far.
                Right. The Patriots never celebrate...

All the teams you listed have players who have celebrated either in the playoffs that just occured or at some time in the past.

I can't belive you actually agree with what Urlacher said. Calling Merriman out for the dance was one thing, but you really want players to do it after bad plays too? Why, explain that?

Urlacher went onto say after good plays he doesn't like that Merriman draws all the attention to himself with his celebration, which is why he just celebrates with his teammates. I'd like to see Brian Urlacher celebrate with his teammates after a bad play. I mean, following his own advice he should do that too...

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post

the pats taunted the chargers and pissed of LT.. and thats really hard to do
                  Reggie bush took a tumble in the playoffs and pissed off who- Urlacher. Its just his thing to not like that stuff at all, probably why he was targeted to answer the question..

the colts have reggie wayne who celebrates, then harrison and manning who score so often they dont need to, plus they're not like that. The defense has nothing to celebrate.

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    individual celebrations are pathetic me-first marketing tools used by idiot players who think they're better than their teammates. if you want to celebrate a great play? fine! go jump around with your team. don't run 20 yards away from them to an empty spot on the field so that everyone can see whatever worthless garbage you think will get you a shoe deal.

note, i'm not pointing out any individual players. i'm pointing out EVERY individual player who has EVER done it.
                    what about the lambeu leap.. they're running 20 yards away to celebrate

sig by bosanac01

Comment

I absolutely cringe when guys celebrate a touchdown when their team is down by a heap of points: perfect example being Roy Williams in 2005 against the Falcons on Thanksgiving. Ugh.

I didn't really have a problem with Reggie Bush pointing to Urlacher on his NFCCG history-making play, partly because it was such a great play and also because he had to deal with Urlacher hitting him for the rest of the game.

I dislike that the NFL has made team celebrations or even two guys celebrating a touchdown a penalty, although they don't enforce it to the letter of the law which is good. I've seen the Colts congratulate each other, exchange head/back pats and hugs, and in the case of Addai and Rhodes synchronize jumps/chest bumps before getting to the sideline.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
                        what about the lambeu leap.. they're running 20 yards away to celebrate
                        With a celebration like that though, I would say its different. That's a Packer tradition, its not celebrating an individual but the Packers, their fan base, their history, etc.

In defense of it, when you think Lambau Leap, you think Packers.
                        When you think Lights Out, or Running onto the Dallas Star, you think Merriman or T.O.

Comment

You do realize the Pats are the worst at sportsmanship and attitude. They made fun of Merriram after they beat the Chargers, they made fun of TOs bird flopping dance after they beat the Eagles. Celebrating by doing a stupid dance is one thing but mocking someone after you've beat them in a big game is alot worse sportsmanship.
                          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                            You do realize the Pats are the worst at sportsmanship and attitude. They made fun of Merriram after they beat the Chargers, they made fun of TOs bird flopping dance after they beat the Eagles. Celebrating by doing a stupid dance is one thing but mocking someone after you've beat them in a big game is alot worse sportsmanship.
                            Hell even there coach blows off the hand shake after the game if they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                              Hell even there coach blows off the hand shake after the game if they lose.
                              Theres a big difference between ignoring your opponent after a lose and deliberatly taunting them after they lost.
                              "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information