Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
    I'm a Seahawks fan.
    Well that would explain the Seahawks in the Superbowl prediction.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Key word: IMPROVE. Craig Davis was a terrible pick. I don't care if they drafted him at #1 overall, it doesn't IMPROVE their WR corps. Just because you draft a guy in round one, doesn't mean he automatically becomes a solid NFL player. If you want to say they "tried to improve their WR corps" you can say that. I guess they did try (and failed, IMO). I just would have never drafted Craig Davis...
      I highly doubt you have seen enough footage of Craig Davis, or studied him hard enough to make any kind of judgement on Craig Davis. And even if you didn't he looked fine in the presesaon. But how he does is besdies my point, what did you expect them to do. You said they just don't improve their WR corps? They had to start somewhere! What did you want them to do, trade for Chad Johnson? They have to start somewhere, and they sure as hell won't be able to bring in an impact player without overpaying anyway.

I doubt you know enough about the Chargers WR situation as is, Vincent Jackson is the number one receiver. He's going into his third year, he was drafted to improve the WRs. Craig Davis was drafted this year. They are improving the position, they weren't just going to snap their fingers and fix the problem.

Wide Receiver is the most insignificant position as is in the NFL anyway.

For someone who is sick of the media always taking the same stance, I'm pretty sure there's tons of the media that will tell you it was a bad pick or a reach.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
        You mentioned the Vikings as "we" in your little sum up.
        Oh. That's a mistake. There are probably a bunch of those.... Is Whisenhunt spelled right?
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Key word: IMPROVE. Craig Davis was a terrible pick. I don't care if they drafted him at #1 overall, it doesn't IMPROVE their WR corps. Just because you draft a guy in round one, doesn't mean he automatically becomes a solid NFL player. If you want to say they "tried to improve their WR corps" you can say that. I guess they did try (and failed, IMO). I just would have never drafted Craig Davis...

How can you call yourself a Vikings fan when you can't even get Tarvaris Jackson's name right?

I'm not a Vikings fan and as you can tell, this isn't any official article or anything. If it was, I would have looked up his name.

I don't know if you a Colts fan or not but this screams homer, I'm glad you notice how bad the Rams D is unlike all the tards at ESPN

I'm a Seahawks fan. I just don't understand how the Colts get so much disrespect when they are clearly the best team in the NFL.

As for DeDe Dorsey- I did not check every single preseason cut, sorry. I am aware now that Kenton Keith is the backup. Honestly I just wanted to write "ride DeDe Dorsey to the title" because DeDe Dorsey is one of the funniest names in the NFL. I picked him up in fantasy last season just so I could re-name my team "The DeDe Dorsey" train.

Don't know what neg rep means.

As for Pennington, I live in New York. I've seen nearly every single game of his career. His atrocious performance this preseason has nothing to do with my thoughts on him as a bad NFL QB. When he's healthy (rarely), he does usually lead his team to some victories. You got me there. I have no argument, winning football games is the number one most important stat for a QB. However, I hate everything else about him and I still don't like his physical tools, and will NEVER believe that Chad will lead a team to the Super Bowl. (That's what you ultimately want from your QB, right?). I'll agree to disagree when it comes to pop-gun Pennington.

As for D-Brick over Leinart- I know exactly what D-Brick is. He's a young player just getting his feet wet in the NFL. He showed signs last year but still has a lot of room to improve. I said it's STARTING to look like a typical Jets draft-day Gaffe. In time, we will know whether or not it is. I don't want to re-visit Leinart vs. Cutler, but I just wish the Jets (for their sake) had taken any QB, and to me, Leinart was/is the best one. If you disagree and think Cutler is/will be better, that's fine. I see both points of view in the ML vs. JC argument. In time we will know the answer...

Who are you?

I am an average NFL fan who decided to put together a short preview based on my gut feeling for each team. Many of my predictions will be wrong (and some of my analysis will probably end up being false too), I admit. But I can't stand the crappy previews we get with the same information and every "analyst" taking no chances and making the "safe" picks in predicting this league when in all reality it is a crapshoot.

i like this post because u went about defending ur previous comments in a well spoken manner. i do appreciate ur effort for writing a long full league review, that takes time and effort. people will always disagree, but props for the effort and putting them out there.

As for Pennington. a winner is a winner, but i see what ur getting at as far as arm strength, etc. but i'll take the wins. he's a smart QB who knows his limitations. Do i think he can lead us to the SB? Probably not, but its not going to be all him. Peyton won it last year after his worst playoff performance, and there have been plenty of 'not SB caliber QBs' who have won the big one. Think Dilfer, or Brad Johnson (similar player).

D'Brick hasn't looked great, i agree. i believe he needs to put on some weight to handle the bigger DEs. Leinart or Cutler is another topic, but a LT was a definite need and the hope was that Pennington would come back healthy, which he did. You get one pick, and LT was the correct choice IMO, and they were able to get Kellen in the second round.

What did u mean by 'typical Jets draft-day Gaffe'. I don't know if the Jets have been poor enough drafters to get this sort of title, we aren't Detroit. To be honest, there are a large number of players that are part of this team that were drafted by the Jets. i won't list all of them, but the list is long, including first day studs and later steals.

again i'll say thanks for the effort of the long post, but with those sorts of comments about peoples teams u have to expect some good debates, for or against

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
            I highly doubt you have seen enough footage of Craig Davis, or studied him hard enough to make any kind of judgement on Craig Davis. And even if you didn't he looked fine in the presesaon. But how he does is besdies my point, what did you expect them to do. You said they just don't improve their WR corps? They had to start somewhere! What did you want them to do, trade for Chad Johnson? They have to start somewhere, and they sure as hell won't be able to bring in an impact player without overpaying anyway.

I doubt you know enough about the Chargers WR situation as is, Vincent Jackson is the number one receiver. He's going into his third year, he was drafted to improve the WRs. Craig Davis was drafted this year. They are improving the position, they weren't just going to snap their fingers and fix the problem.

Wide Receiver is the most insignificant position as is in the NFL anyway.

For someone who is sick of the media always taking the same stance, I'm pretty sure there's tons of the media that will tell you it was a bad pick or a reach.
            Just because I'm sick of Sean Salisbury picking the Panthers every year and everyone proclaiming the Chargers and Pats as better than Colts, doesn't mean I don't agree with popular opinion on some points.

I did watch Craig "Buster" Davis at LSU and came away unimpressed. Early Doucet was better and Dwayne Bowe was better. Davis doesn't have the strength to succeed against the phsyical DB's in the NFL and I question his route-running. He reminds me of a poor-mans Devery Henderson.

I wouldn't touch him until the 4th round. That's just my opinion.

What did I want the Chargers to do? You have a point- it's not easy to improve your WR corps by trading for Chad Johnson like you said. What would I have done? Probably taken Dwayne Jarrett. Now Jarrett hasn't done much yet in his young career, but I would still take him over Craig Davis. You can tell me that Vincent Jackson is the same type of WR as Jarrett, and you may have a point there. I still go for the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER available and if you had your heart set on a WR there, you take DJ, no questions asked.

And I agree with you that WR is probably one of the more insignificant positions in the NFL. Which is why, WITH a subpar WR corps, I still think the Chargers contend in the AFC.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Just because I'm sick of Sean Salisbury picking the Panthers every year and everyone proclaiming the Chargers and Pats as better than Colts, doesn't mean I don't agree with popular opinion on some points.

I did watch Craig "Buster" Davis at LSU and came away unimpressed. Early Doucet was better and Dwayne Bowe was better. Davis doesn't have the strength to succeed against the phsyical DB's in the NFL and I question his route-running. He reminds me of a poor-mans Devery Henderson.

I wouldn't touch him until the 4th round. That's just my opinion.

What did I want the Chargers to do? You have a point- it's not easy to improve your WR corps by trading for Chad Johnson like you said. What would I have done? Probably taken Dwayne Jarrett. Now Jarrett hasn't done much yet in his young career, but I would still take him over Craig Davis. You can tell me that Vincent Jackson is the same type of WR as Jarrett, and you may have a point there. I still go for the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER available and if you had your heart set on a WR there, you take DJ, no questions asked.

And I agree with you that WR is probably one of the more insignificant positions in the NFL. Which is why, WITH a subpar WR corps, I still think the Chargers contend in the NFC.
              I disagree strongly with the 4th round assessment, and he wasn't drafted for his strength. I'm not trying to blindly support the guy, I was upset with the pick too, but LSU fans all had a lot of good thigns to say about him, which gives some comfort.

Now, that being said, the reason we don't go Jarrett is personnell issues. We really, really could not have drafted another big slow guy, its all we have, that certainly would not have been improving. Just like you say Davis' strength is an issue, why can't you say Jarrett's speed will be an issue with the faster NFL players? If you want him for his catching, Davis has just as good, if not better hands then Jarrett has.

I just have an issue with you saying they didn't improve. There was nothing else they could have done to improve.

Comment

4) Buccaneers- Jake Long alert! Jake Long alert!
                If the Bucs are as bad as you think they are, which they aren't, Brohm would be the logical pick.

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post

What did u mean by 'typical Jets draft-day Gaffe'. I don't know if the Jets have been poor enough drafters to get this sort of title, we aren't Detroit. To be honest, there are a large number of players that are part of this team that were drafted by the Jets. i won't list all of them, but the list is long, including first day studs and later steals.
                  You must be a young Jets fan...

Have you ever seen the annual Jets draft day gaffe clips on ESPN?

Recently the Jets drafts have been amazing compared to what they used to be...
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I disagree with the Broncos assessment. It wouldn't totally shock me to see us miss the playoffs, but I'm still expecting 8-8 to 10-6 area. I don't see how Cutler will take a step back, with a stud LT coming back, a full offseason to work with Walker, and another year of experience for Marshall and Scheffler, and an improved running game. Those all would seem to lead to more successes, if you ask me. I think we'll finish 2nd in the division, although like you, I'm not expecting the Raiders to suck this year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                      I disagree with the Broncos assessment. It wouldn't totally shock me to see us miss the playoffs, but I'm still expecting 8-8 to 10-6 area. I don't see how Cutler will take a step back, with a stud LT coming back, a full offseason to work with Walker, and another year of experience for Marshall and Scheffler, and an improved running game. Those all would seem to lead to more successes, if you ask me. I think we'll finish 2nd in the division, although like you, I'm not expecting the Raiders to suck this year.
                      My rationale on Cutler (and Alex Smith for that matter), is pretty stupid, to be honest.

The way I see it, there are a bunch of young QB's who will play a prominent role in the success of their team this season. Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, J.P. Losman, probably missing some off the top of my head. Now, ALL of them aren't going to do well. It's just not going to happen. So because I predict a big year from Eli, Vince, and Matt, and predict Ben and J.P. to be so-so, the young guns who I predict will take a step back are Cutler and Alex Smith. I don't have any great inside information or anything on why this will occur- but it's just my gut feeling. Hopefully, for your sake (a Broncos fan I assume), I'm wrong.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

one game and you're ready to crown the colts...

if you want to crown them, go ahead and crown their asses...
                        but they are exactly who we thought they are...

(which is a team with one win against a rather stagnant looking offense this year... i still think with a few weeks the attrition will get to them and they'll look like a bob-sanders-less team with bob-sanders (top five defensive player in the game. you know?))

p.s. i think your hate for pennington is way-overdone. he plays the game. he makes plays. so what if his arm isn't hella strong. it's not like he turns it over all the time overshooting people.
                        Last edited by awfullyquiet; 09-08-2007, 08:21 PM.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I don't see what your getting at with the Giants. By getting ~60% of their offensive production displaced this offseason, they benefit? Whether he's a jerk or not, that is a lot of yards falling into other's laps. I just don't think they can make up for that kind of loss this year, especially behind an average line in a 'ground pound' style of the NFCE.

A wildcard spot is not out of the question, if they can stay consistent throughout the year.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                            I don't see what your getting at with the Giants. By getting ~60% of their offensive production displaced this offseason, they benefit? Whether he's a jerk or not, that is a lot of yards falling into other's laps. I just don't think they can make up for that kind of loss this year, especially behind an average line in a 'ground pound' style of the NFCE.

A wildcard spot is not out of the question, if they can stay consistent throughout the year.
                            To the Colts comment- The Colts have been my Super Bowl pick all along. The Saints game had nothing to do with it.

As for this Giants/Tiki comment: 60% of their offensive production displaced? Where did it go? So as Tiki left, 60% of their offensive production left too? When Eli goes to hand the ball off, Tiki won't be there- so they won't gain ANY of that 60% this year! OH NO!

Just because you get "worse" on paper doesn't mean you can't improve. Tiki Barber is more talented than Droughns/Jacobs. I'd still rather have Droughns/Jacobs because of the chemistry factor.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

its kinda weird having guys that just joined and have less than 25 posts doing these big write ups...
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
                                its kinda weird having guys that just joined and have less than 25 posts doing these big write ups...
                                they wanna copy all of us cool kids.
                                wait. i still haven't done mine yet.
                                entitled
                                'the 2007-2008 NFL Season preview: in haikus'
                                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information