X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE: Kevin Everett has voluntary movement in his extremities

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...efZ+ChXNW2U%3D

"Bills TE Everett Undergoes Surgery after Neck Injury

Click here to add your comments on this story!

Posted by: Matt Pearl, Sports Reporter

Created: 9/9/2007 4:13:30 PM
    Updated: 9/9/2007 8:33:44 PM

Bills tight end Kevin Everett was carted off the Ralph Wilson Stadium field with a neck injury early in the second half.

The Bills confirmed late Sunday evening that Everett was in surgery. Bills Head Coach Dick Jauron said Everett suffered a "cervical-spinal" injury but would not talk about the seriousness of his condition, or if he was able to move at any point en route to the hospital.

2 On Your Side has confirmed Everett has been taken to Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital in Buffalo.

The injury occurred on the opening kickoff of the second half. Everett fell to the ground after a helmet-to-helmet hit on Denver's Domenik Hixon. He showed no signs of consciousness and was eventually loaded onto an ambulance.

The young tight end out of Miami was expected to have an increased role with the offense and special teams this season."

I find it terrible that NFL.com has NOTHING about this.

My Prayers are with Everett and his family

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

I hope everything is alrite and he'll be able to walk and be normal one day soon. These kinda hits can kill a man or paralyze him for life.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

essssshhh. I saw the hit. Good luck to him.

Comment

Man, tough day for the Bills. Hopefully he can recover from this.
        Originally posted by njx9
        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

my wishes go out to him and his family

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

i would always draft him in madden to be my TE. hes the man, hope this isnt serious and he could play again, of course all i really care is that he can walk.

Comment

It was a nice hit.. nothing abnormal.. hit him with his shoulder... just extreme bad luck... this guy made plays like this all pre season.. prayers and thoughts are with his family... hope for a full recovery... its things liek this that make you realize how insignificant football really is in the big scheme of things

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

sad.hope he gets better.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Gl Everett

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Good luck, and prayers for ya KE.
                    HALL OF FAMER!
                    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

some good news
                      At 9:45 p.m., as he was leaving Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital, Bills' tight end Ryan Neufeld told Buffalo's WIVB-TV the surgery "went well as far as we can tell and he's recovering right now."
                      http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...y_N.htm?csp=34

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                        Good luck, and prayers for ya KE.
                        We gotta show love for our fellow Kevin's

Comment

yea, but hes actually super, ur just a phony, a big fat phony...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            We gotta show love for our fellow Kevin's
                            It's the greatest name on earth dont ya know! And th best people are named Kevin, so pull through for us KE!!
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

This has really overwhelmed me, I just feel like going to bed.
                              Please, please have Everett in your thoughts and prayers tonight. I appreciate everyone's concern, especially Bronco nation who have been very supportive. He's on a respirator right now and will be evaluated tomorrow, so again please keep him in your thoughts. God bless and goodnight.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information