Randy Moss Top 5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Moss Top 5?

With his perfromance this week has Randy Moss proven that he is still a top 5 reciver in the league?

i'd say the general concensus is that

Marvin Harrison
    Steve Smith
    Chad Johnson
    Torry Holt

are the top 4

Would you put Moss at 5?

Terrell Owens deserves to be up there despite people not liking him.

Comment

would you put TO over Moss?

I know I wouldn't, he is definitly top 15 and probally top 10 but not top 5

Comment

Why would you put him back in the top five now? Did nobody look and see exactly how long Brady was able to stand in the pocket? It was ridiculous, Brady could just stand there. Randy Moss didn't have to catch a hard ball all day.

I mean Randy Moss is a great athlete, but just about any above average WR would be able to beat DBs if their QB is able to stand up without pressure like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
          Why would you put him back in the top five now? Did nobody look and see exactly how long Brady was able to stand in the pocket? It was ridiculous, Brady could just stand there. Randy Moss didn't have to catch a hard ball all day.
          Did you even watch the game? He beat not one, not two, but THREE defensive backs on that deep route. All three were within a step of him. Then how about that catch where he actually went up over the Jets defender and put the Pats at the goal line?

He is very clearly not 100%, and he still toyed with the Jets. He made them his *****. They didn't even come remotely close to being able to figure out a way to stop him. Now I realize the Jets aren't exactly a great team by any stretch, but they are decent, and it's still the NFL, so anything can happen any given Sunday (as they proved against us last year).

I won't lump him up there yet, because it was one game against average competition that I have a feeling a lot of good WR/QB tandems are going to put up really good numbers against, and quite frankly, I don't care. As long as the Pats get the W at the end of the day, I don't care about what the Randy Factor was...

Comment

Wow, it doesn't get gayer than NE Homers. Annointing Moss after one great game. Moss had as much to do with it as Heath Evans. The only reason why Moss and Brady's greatness exuded was the dominance the offensive line had on the Jets. I think Brady was having picnics in the pocket with Gisele Bunchen(sp.) and just throwing the ball up to the point Stanley Morgan had 12 grabs for 202 yards.

So if he repeates this perfomance 4 more times, then maybe.

Marvin, Holt, Wayne, Ocho Cinco, Smith

TO(yes TO), ANDRE JOHNSON, Javon Walker, Lavernious Coles, Moss all have a legit case for the 6 spot.
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Which Patriots fan in this thread said he was top 5 again. Your anti-Bostonism grows tiresome. Get over it.

Comment

Not in the thread but from what I heard in the last 24 hours.
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Well that probably has something to do with the fact that Randy is one of the greatest WR's ever to play the game, has the second best TD to game played ratio in NFL history and put up the single best receiving performance of Tom Brady's career. I don't blame people. It's not like they are annointing Dante Stallworth. This is a guy with a history that until he went to Oakland, you wouldn't even hesitate to call the best WR in the game, let alone top 5.

That said, it was one game against a bad team. The real test starts next week. It was nice of the NFL to give us a fifth preseason game, though...

Comment

I'll annoint the O-Line.

Comment

It was scary to see Moss play so well. Granted the Jets weren't the best test to guage where he is truly at. I'm not going to say he's already back to his old form, but what else could he have done to convince people of that? He sure looked good no matter who he was playing. I still wouldn't give him top 5, I take Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, and Larry Fitzgerald, mainly becuase I love Fitzgerald...

But if Moss repeats that perfomance against my Chargers...he's certianly making his case for being back where he was.

Comment

I would T.O. before Moss and possibly Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

ya i'm actually starting to hate watching SportsCenter / ESPN, honestly if they gave any love to a west coast time I will be shocked

but back to the point, this is how i would rate the top 15 WR's

1. Marvin Harrison
                          2. Steve Smith
                          3. Chad Johnson
                          4. Torry Holt
                          5. Randy Moss
                          6. Andre Johnson
                          7. Reggie Wayne
                          8a. Anquan Boldin
                          8b. Larry Fitzgerald(you can't make me decide between the 2)
                          10. TO
                          11. Lee Evans
                          12. Javon Walker
                          13. Roy Williams
                          14. Hines Ward
                          15. Donald Driver

Comment

I think Moss is a top-10 option, but not top-5. He never really left in terms of talent and ability. He was dinged and has attitude issues. I think he will remain a top-10 option if he stays healthy in New England.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I would take Moss over TO, but neither are top 5 at this point. If Moss regains minnisota form, then yes, easily top 5. However, you can't judge that after one game.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information