Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on opening day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My thoughts on opening day

    GB's defense is moving into that special area.

    Houston will be vastly improved. Schaub is head and shoulders above Carr.

    Roethlisberger is healthy and very dangerous again.

    New England could be unstoppable

    Atlanta/Oakland/KC/Cleveland are in for a very, very long season.

    Chicago - Grossman hasn't made much of a forward stride. GB and Minny could give them a fight.

    Dallas - Romo is the real deal and that makes them a serious contender.

    Indy won't slip too much but NE will beat them out.

    San Diego survived their 1st test under Turner.

    If he stays healthy, Eli Manning might just have a breakout season.
    And proud of it!!!

  • #2
    I'm still not buying into Minny, yes they won, but I feel they lucked out.

    Sig by Fenikz

    I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      Dallas - Romo is the real deal and that makes them a serious contender.
      Right now, any warm body can be the "real deal" against the Giant's secondary - they are simply terrible. I hope the Giant's DL gets back to full strength soon, as they're gonna need all the pass rush they can get...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
        Chicago - Grossman hasn't made much of a forward stride. GB and Minny could give them a fight.
        I'm going to wait untill we play head-to-head (or if we lose to the Chiefs, then the season is over). But yeah...both teams have some serious flaws, but if they can pull an upset here or there, particularly against us, it could get real interesting.

        By the way, Grossman didn't have a good game yesterday, but other than fumbling the ball once (which his runningback recovered) he didn't have an epic bad game. The pick he threw wasn't his fault, and he showed good ball placement at times and bad placement at other times. San Diego is a good defense, if he throws three picks against the Chiefs I'll start calling for his head again.


        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          By the way, Grossman didn't have a good game yesterday, but other than fumbling the ball once (which his runningback recovered) he didn't have an epic bad game. The pick he threw wasn't his fault, and he showed good ball placement at times and bad placement at other times. San Diego is a good defense, if he throws three picks against the Chiefs I'll start calling for his head again.
          Personally, I thought if Chicago had not tried to force the run on some of their later drives, the game could have gone a different direction. Grossman was beating us on a lot of 15-20 yard pass plays to Berrian. The interception, like you said was not even remotely his fault, yet his critics will come out of this game saying that Grossman can't compete with the Bears this year. Not to mention San Diego was getting good pressure all game and the secondary didn't play terrible.

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't know about Roethlisberger. His #s weren't THAT impressive against a horrible Cleveland team.

            He threw 52%. Granted he had 4 TDs, but still, he shouldve done better against that team.

            On a side note, I didn't like Turner's playcalling in SD this week. He was too obvious with his play selection. You just knew when they were running. It was too obvious.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
              Chicago - Grossman hasn't made much of a forward stride. GB and Minny could give them a fight.
              Neither GB nor Minny have the offensive firepower to beat Chicago heads up in divisional games. . Is Jackson capable of being a playoff QB? Not a chance . Is GB's running game capable of leading them to the playoffs? Not unless there is some serious serious improvements. On the other hand perhaps Chicago dosen't have the offensive firepower to beat Minny and GB now? I can see what you're getting at with Chicago possibly being pressed for the division, but baring any more injuries for them they are still the clear cut favorites. They just have a couple chinks in their armor showing right now, they'll likely patch them up.

              As for your comment about GB's defense, I couldn't agree more. One more Ted Thompson draft and this unit could be nipping at the heals of Chicago, Baltimore, and SD. ( Maybe) The same could be said for Minn, if they find a consistant pass rush.. I think that the Norris could likely be the best defensive division in the NFL. Well, minus the Lions of course.

              What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

              2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                GB's defense is moving into that special area.

                Houston will be vastly improved. Schaub is head and shoulders above Carr.

                Roethlisberger is healthy and very dangerous again.

                New England could be unstoppable

                Atlanta/Oakland/KC/Cleveland/St. Louis are in for a very, very long season.

                Chicago - Grossman hasn't made much of a forward stride. GB and Minny could give them a fight.

                Dallas - Romo is the real deal and that makes them a serious contender.

                Indy won't slip too much but NE will beat them out.

                San Diego survived their 1st test under Turner.

                If he stays healthy, Eli Manning might just have a breakout season.
                Fixed it for u, everything else I agree with u on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i learned that the Jets have no pass rush, and that the 3-4 really isn't working for our personel. 4-3 anybody?


                  Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                  Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's always a long season for Browns fans... All we have to look forward to is a young defense growing some more, Brady Quinn... Winslow/Edwards.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                      It's always a long season for Browns fans... All we have to look forward to is a young defense growing some more, Brady Quinn... Winslow/Edwards.
                      Is Quinn starting?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                        Is Quinn starting?
                        Wouldn't be surprised if he does

                        Sig by Fenikz

                        I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Addict View Post
                          I'm still not buying into Minny, yes they won, but I feel they lucked out.
                          They got lucky cuz they got Atlanta in week 1 right, not cuz of the way they played right?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                            They got lucky cuz they got Atlanta in week 1 right, not cuz of the way they played right?
                            Exactly, the titans had the other kind of luck.

                            Sig by Fenikz

                            I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Addict View Post
                              Exactly, the titans had the other kind of luck.
                              yeah, I agree with ya. I will not be hoping on the Viking bandwaon anytime soon. they beat the falcons.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information